Sarcoptic Mange from pets - nakakahawa ba?

Hi!

Our cat got sarcoptic mange (diagnosed by his vet) and we were told that it is contagious for humans. However, when i do online reading, sabi hindi naman sya contagious sa tao. Im confused.

Nakakaramdam ako ng itch sa bahay pero typically sensitive rin talaga ako sa kung ano-anong bagay. Can anyone help verify if it is really contagious? The arguments i read online were seemingly valid (like the mange parasite cant live on human skin) but it would be great if i get someone else's opinion, too.

Thanks!

Comments

• caelicaeli flying ipis assassin PExer
    It is contagious to humans but the parasites don't live as long on humans as they would on dogs or cats. It's what we call scabies or galis in Tagalog. The parasite burrows in the skin so you'll start with a red bump, then it will develop into a rash as the parasite reproduces. I would suggest using a soap with madre de cacao because they're organic and very good at treating mange. I don't have links but you can search for My Little Paws soap on Facebook or Bark Soap on Sulit. They're cheaper than commercial soap, like P60-P80 per bar. Use it twice a week. It's pleasant smelling so you can use it on yourself if you fear that you're infected.
  • QueenCerseiQueenCersei Administrator PExer
    caeli wrote: »
    It is contagious to humans but the parasites don't live as long on humans as they would on dogs or cats. It's what we call scabies or galis in Tagalog. The parasite burrows in the skin so you'll start with a red bump, then it will develop into a rash as the parasite reproduces. I would suggest using a soap with madre de cacao because they're organic and very good at treating mange. I don't have links but you can search for My Little Paws soap on Facebook or Bark Soap on Sulit. They're cheaper than commercial soap, like P60-P80 per bar. Use it twice a week. It's pleasant smelling so you can use it on yourself if you fear that you're infected.

Thanks! Right now, we are using Dr Kauffman as a preventive measure. I notice i did get "insect-bite" looking bites, pero di naman sya kumakalat. Makati nga lang.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file