Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

CC | Elite Cards (Diamond, Infinite, World, Platinum, Signature)

ArkimanArkiman Artist PEx Expert 🎖️
edited March 2019 in Banking and Finance
Experiences having an elite card:)

Comments

• team slickteam slick PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Trading Gold and precious metals can be vis a vis like forex trading, im not too sure whether anyone would actually sell you a precious metal contract or even give you leverage on one as one lot would probably cost a lot and of course only the fund managers of big financial institution might have the funds and the balls to get it.

Maybe ask tidus and the other forex traders whether they do it but for me basically if you trade with gold and precious metals, you have to be aware that the fluctuation for this currencies are outrageous, it swings fast both ways so if forex trading is already considered risky by some, imagine doubling the risk factor. You can get wipe out in a matter of minutes if you judge wrongly.

my 2 cents
  • I know of 2 ways of getting into gold in fact 3 ways the 3rd way is a little bit indirect though... The first and easiest way is to open a US brokerage account and buy the streetTracks Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) this is an ETF that tracks gold so if gold goes up so does GLD. The 2nd is open a futures account and trades gold futures contracts. The 3rd way which is indirect is to buy the Aussie Dollar (AUD). AUD is very correlated to gold movement as much as Canadian Dollar (CAD) is so correlated to oil price movement.
  • coldrockstercoldrockster PEx Rookie ⭐
    anybody here have the experience of trading gold and/or other commodities in a virtual platform?
  • I usually buy ETF like GLD or get some shares with precious metal companies with gold bullions like GG.
  • Brix99Brix99 PEx Rookie ⭐
    how does the AUD correlate with the price of gold?
  • Because Australia has a lot of precious metals like gold. Mining forms a big part of the Australian economy. So when gold prices shoots up the demand for AUD also increases to buy those precious metals which are priced in USD. So in relation to the USD, the AUD strengthens.... Just be careful of risk aversion when playing the AUD. This is always one of the victims of the carry trade unwinding so it really drops fast if there is risk aversion going on....
  • hi guys. just wondering where can you buy precious metals (i.e. gold and silver) here in the philippines? as far as i know kasi, in switzerland and austria, punta ka lang sa isang major bank, you can buy gold na, sa pinas kaya saan?
  • torquay wrote: »
    hi guys. just wondering where can you buy precious metals (i.e. gold and silver) here in the philippines? as far as i know kasi, in switzerland and austria, punta ka lang sa isang major bank, you can buy gold na, sa pinas kaya saan?

I sure would like to see answers to your question. It is much easier to buy gold/silver in other countries. Here in the USA, there are so many coin shops selling gold/silver bullion bars and coins. You are limited to buy less than $10,000 worth or it will trigger a report to a government entity. he-he So we buy a bunch of less than $10,000 sales w/ separate receipts (receipt just state purchaser) the same day. ha-ha

In Mexico, you can also walk to a Zacatecas bank and buy the silver libertads. They can also store the silver for you.

China, also made it easier for their citizens to own gold in lesser quantity. Of course, the Indian gold jewelry @ 22K is almost like buying bullion. Australia have gold certificates.

You can also open a brokerage account that trade the US markets and buy a plethora of gold/silver related equities but it is not comparable to owning the physical gold/silver yourself. Even the ETFs GLD and SLV are doubtful because we don't trust the investment banking firm supporting it. I don't mind the DeutchBank products though like the silver ETF, DBS. There is also the Canadian gold/silver bullion fund, CEF, but it moves sooo slow. Bores me to death. ha-ha

If you have relatives in the US or other countries where gold is easily available, you can buy gold through them. There are many bezels available to wear bullion coins like kruggerand, maple leaf or American eagles. They can buy the bezel and necklace either in 18k or gold-filled then just put in the bullion coin. They can walk through international airports w/ no problem. A bullion coin is not cheap anymore w/ gold around $900. I don't know how many relatives in the USA you have who visits the Philippines but one bullion coin each will be plenty of gold for you. The coins also come in 1/2, 1/4 and 1/10 oz denominations.

Gold is a universal currency recognized anywhere in the world. It is the ultimate money. People say you cannot buy anything with it. But w/ e-gold accounts, you sure can. You can also sell the gold then buy whatever you want with the cash, right? Gold, by the way, has been rising in ALL world currencies. It is the ultimate inflation hedge.

Silver is even better. But don't get me strated on that. ha-ha Good luck on your quest to secure real money... real wealth.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    have you tried Chinatown, Sta. Cruz Manila and/or Meycauayan, Bulacan?
  • have you tried Chinatown, Sta. Cruz Manila and/or Meycauayan, Bulacan?

What about these places? Have you tried it? What can you buy there? Is there gold/silver bullion bars and coins? Tell us explicitly about your experience. Do they sell investment grade gold/silver or just highly marked-up jewelry? Is there assurance about these dealers? Are they reliable? Information from people who have traded gold/silver in the Philippines for many years will be appreciated.

I am as curious about this as the poster. I wll be there next week but on another business. I will try to find out if I get the time. :)
  • To the financial gurus in this forum, please share your opinion regarding my dilemma. I’ve made placements in both UITF and Mutual Funds last year. Unfortunately, the NAVs of the products are down to 23% to 28%. I know that the outlook for such products should be long term. However, I am apprehensive because the fundamentals of the dollar/ US economy is getting weaker everyday, not to mention the continuous increase of oil/energy and food prices. Whether we like it or not, the local stock and bonds performance will be affected by these factors, especially by the dollar weakness. In fact, the prognosis of the financial experts is that there will be an eventual crash of the US economy. When it happens, paper-based assets worldwide will follow suit. What do you suggest? Should I pull out my investments now and cut losses, even if the loss is quite big, or should I keep the investments and hope that an eventual economic crash will not happen? If I will pull out my investments, where do you suggest we place it? Other experts advice to make investments in gold or silver, unfortunately, here in the Philippines, we don’t have such investment products. Or do you know of any? Will truly appreciate you insight/suggestion. Thank you very much in advance.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mag hoard ka nalang ng bigas at langis. sigurado ang pagyaman mo.
  • To the financial gurus in this forum, please share your opinion regarding my dilemma. I’ve made placements in both UITF and Mutual Funds last year. Unfortunately, the NAVs of the products are down to 23% to 28%. I know that the outlook for such products should be long term. However, I am apprehensive because the fundamentals of the dollar/ US economy is getting weaker everyday, not to mention the continuous increase of oil/energy and food prices. Whether we like it or not, the local stock and bonds performance will be affected by these factors, especially by the dollar weakness. In fact, the prognosis of the financial experts is that there will be an eventual crash of the US economy. When it happens, paper-based assets worldwide will follow suit. What do you suggest? Should I pull out my investments now and cut losses, even if the loss is quite big, or should I keep the investments and hope that an eventual economic crash will not happen? If I will pull out my investments, where do you suggest we place it? Other experts advice to make investments in gold or silver, unfortunately, here in the Philippines, we don’t have such investment products. Or do you know of any? Will truly appreciate you insight/suggestion. Thank you very much in advance.

pwede ba tigilan mo na yang Off topic mo. lahat yata ng thread dito sinisingit m oyang pagkalugi mo. e di mag unload ka na kung takot ka na. nambubuet ka pa ng ibang thread.

sa meycauayan puro naman gold jewelry ang nabibili wala ng pang investment
  • It has been a difficult time for gold bugs for the past two months as gold has been trapped in a broad trading range which made it seem insulated and immune to all of the financial chaos around it. Today's action on Friday the 21st, put all of that in action to rest as gold soared to trade over the $800 in a matter of hours. This may be the move we've been looking for and coming from a two-month base, it seems large enough to propel this market higher.

I have just finished a new video on gold that goes into some depth and shows you potential upside targets for this market. The video can be played on any computer and does not need any special plug-in. It is available free of charge from MarketClub as part of our ongoing educational outreach program. Our goal is to help traders improved the timing and trade selection in a scientific way using tools that are real world tested and have stood the test of time. click here to watch the video
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gold and silver are basically hedges, di ba? Umaakyat ang value nila kapag may inflation?
  • Ha-ha I was confused for awhile because last Friday, last week was a down day for gold. The article was dated from last month??? The gold move on that particular move last month, November, was a bull trap for many unwary investors. If this was posted a day or so after that breakout move, ALL who bought gold that day in Friday will be underwater in less than 2 weeks.

Trading, like music, requires that the information is current and the timing is well, timely. ha-ha

Gold pierced the daily 200MA last week and pulled back. We have a higher high bar last Wednesday and IFF we get a confirmation, we will pierce that 200MA again forming a cup-handle formation.

Gold and silver are very volatile as investors on the long side are fighting with the unlimited paper money-generating central banks. Right now, they are printing like crazy. The markets are denominated by paper currency and thus susceptible to paper manipulation. Thare is now a disconnect between COMEX prices and actual prices of physical gold and silver. Soon this game that the central banks are playing will be over. How many investors (if they have not lost all their money yet) are even aware that the cash they hold in their wallets are nothing but pieces of paper whose value is derived from perception and blindness of the masses!!!

To survive the coming worldwide financial storm requires preparation. Are you ready?? :)
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    crocopie wrote: »
    Gold and silver are basically hedges, di ba? Umaakyat ang value nila kapag may inflation?

Not only during inflationary periods. Some poeple buy gold during periods of fear and panic, when they mistrust other financial instruments.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    but i really doubt if the world would revert back to any resemblance of a gold standard currency. if it does happen, money supply will become dependent solely on gold mining.
  • but i really doubt if the world would revert back to any resemblance of a gold standard currency. if it does happen, money supply will become dependent solely on gold mining.

Your sentiment is mimicked by the world's central banks. They do not want to be restrained by a gold standard. Fractional banking and unrestrained fiat currency is addicting to these people. Their power lies in their ability to effect perceptions among the masses thinking paper money has value.

Paper money started as a REPRESENTATION of actual gold and silver redeemable whenever a holder wants to exchange it for gold or silver bullion. The feds soon realized this is restrictive and took out the gold standard. This was followed by the world dentral banks one after the other. Now, every single currency is fiat backed by NOTHING. France, in the 70s, started cashing out redeeming their dollar holdings for gold. Nixon changed all that of course. This preserved the position of the feds for awhile longer. This private institution which is neither federal nor has any reserves, is a very dangerous enemy of purchasing power. They have managed to devalue the dollar by 93% since it was founded in 1913.

John F. Kennedy tried to abolish the feds and we know what happened to him. The feds will need to be abolished to free America from this systemic destruction of purchasing power. If the powers refuse, America will never regain its status as an economic power. This will be replaced by probably a group of countries with a common currency backed by gold. The $800 thrillion in derivatives exposure is too much for any one country to stabilize.

We are moving through dramatic changes in world financial structures. The central banks have managed to delay the inevitable. But we are getting close to saturation point. There will be survivors of this economic malaise and there will be masses of unknowing victims. Choose wisely.
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ha-ha I was confused for awhile because last Friday, last week was a down day for gold. The article was dated from last month??? The gold move on that particular move last month, November, was a bull trap for many unwary investors. If this was posted a day or so after that breakout move, ALL who bought gold that day in Friday will be underwater in less than 2 weeks.

Trading, like music, requires that the information is current and the timing is well, timely. ha-ha

Gold pierced the daily 200MA last week and pulled back. We have a higher high bar last Wednesday and IFF we get a confirmation, we will pierce that 200MA again forming a cup-handle formation.

Gold and silver are very volatile as investors on the long side are fighting with the unlimited paper money-generating central banks. Right now, they are printing like crazy. The markets are denominated by paper currency and thus susceptible to paper manipulation. Thare is now a disconnect between COMEX prices and actual prices of physical gold and silver. Soon this game that the central banks are playing will be over. How many investors (if they have not lost all their money yet) are even aware that the cash they hold in their wallets are nothing but pieces of paper whose value is derived from perception and blindness of the masses!!!

To survive the coming worldwide financial storm requires preparation. Are you ready?? :)

Ah, dead cat bounce. But sir, shouldn't they sell gold in a bull market, rather than buying?