Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

My Mad Fat Diary

Does anybody watch this show?

248637_315864605192630_1998203639_n.jpg

Plot: Set in Stamford, Lincolnshire in 1996, My Mad Fat Diary follows the story of 16-year-old, 16 stone girl, Rae Earl, who has just left a psychiatric hospital, where she has spent four months. She begins to reconnect with her best friend, Chloe, who is unaware of Rae's mental health and body image problems, believing she was in France for the past four months. Rae attempts to keep this information from her while also trying to impress Chloe's friends Izzy, Archie, Chop and Finn. -From Wikipedia

Comments

• Season 1 Trailer

Meet The Gang

Season 2 Finale Trailer

Season 2 BTS Photo Shoot
  • supergirl01supergirl01 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    OH MY GOSH! FINALLY MAY THREAD NA! I thought I was the only one who's super into this! <3:)
  • bentobearbentobear PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    interesting.
  • I tried to watch it, I just discovered it from youtube.

So, I thought I could enjoy watching it, but I'm sorry to say this, but the female lead (the fat girl) is horribly physically challenged, she's too big, too tall than the guy lead, and she looks like a man to me.

There's no chemistry between the lead characters..

You could accuse me of being shallow, but IMO, the lead characters look awkward together, there's no way for me to appreciate their love story.
  • marianpatriciamarianpatricia PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mod @forg, pa merge na lang yung MMFD thread. (:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611973

Sana magkaroon ng 3rd season no? I miss the gang! :bungi:
  • bentobearbentobear PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I tried to watch it, I just discovered it from youtube.

So, I thought I could enjoy watching it, but I'm sorry to say this, but the female lead (the fat girl) is horribly physically challenged, she's too big, too tall than the guy lead, and she looks like a man to me.

There's no chemistry between the lead characters..

You could accuse me of being shallow, but IMO, the lead characters look awkward together, there's no way for me to appreciate their love story.

2 episodeS and i love it
  • This show won me over with its soundtrack as well as those on-screen doodles that represent Rae's diary and thoughts. They make the show even more fun to watch.

tumblr_mihk9sw5GZ1qd203uo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mjf7m8hyPP1rbdv8qo1_500.gif
  • Personally, I think Sharon Rooney is beautiful.
    1651606-bigthumbnail.jpg
  • Is there any news on season 3? I really like Rae's character growth. She gets annoying at times but she always finds a way to do better.
  • @ caeli AFAIK, It still hasn't officially been renewed for a third run but here's what Sharon Rooney's take on series' possible return. :)

"I still have hope, but I don’t have anything confirmed which is really frustrating because everyone asks me. I would like to [do another season] because I think she’s got one more in her. I think we should finish the story, I don’t think it’s finished yet…"

source: http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/backstage-pass/article/item244386/introducing-sharon-rooney/
  • xxpin wrote: »
    @ caeli AFAIK, It still hasn't officially been renewed for a third run but here's what Sharon Rooney's take on series' possible return. :)

"I still have hope, but I don’t have anything confirmed which is really frustrating because everyone asks me. I would like to [do another season] because I think she’s got one more in her. I think we should finish the story, I don’t think it’s finished yet…"

source: http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/backstage-pass/article/item244386/introducing-sharon-rooney/
    I agree. It's now quite finished yet. I want to see Archie find someone. I want to see Rae confront her dad. I want to see Rae return the favor and help Chloe with her issues. Plus I want more Finn/Rae scenes!
  • Sharon Rooney @sharonrooney · 4h 4 hours ago
    ATTENTION EVERYONE. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT.........

Sharon Rooney @sharonroone
    y · 4h 4 hours ago
    To. Be. Continued.....

Sharon Rooney @sharonrooney
    · 27m 27 minutes ago
    When we say "to be continued" we MEAN, "to be continued"

YAAAAAS! MMFD will be back for S3. Ansaya saya. :love: :bounce:
  • Series 3 filming begins soon. :)

10949063_899798396719728_1077646992_n.jpg

10949075_809768715727667_443794439_n.jpg

tumblr_nisuefk2vu1qfc8pgo1_500.jpg
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Season 3 premiered last night.

Haven't seen the first 2 seasons actually.
    But I have my copies already.

Jodie Comer made me want to watch this.
    I love her in Remember Me.:love:

Just trying to "squeeze in" this in my tight sked.
    Hoping to catch up soon.