Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Lang Leav

blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I just picked up her Love & Misadventures and Lullabies and I am so hooked! Her poems are easy to read and tugs the heartstrings :bashful:

Comments

• F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "What was it like to love him? Asked Gratitude.
    It was like being exhumed, I answered, and brought to life in a flash of brilliance.

"What was it like to be loved in return? Asked Joy.
    It was like being seen after a perpetual darkness, I replied. To be heard after a lifetime of silence.

What was it like to lose him? Asked Sorrow. There was a long pause before I responded:

It was like hearing every goodbye ever said to me—said all at once."

Love and Misadventure,

Lang Leav
  • silverwhizsilverwhiz 10th PEx Oscar Pool Winner
    One of my favorite modern-day poets. :love:
  • blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ that suits you a lot :glee:

Maybe you should pick her books, it's a really good read
    ^Too girly. :glee: I like her poetry, but I have reputation to keep (not that I don't have a few on my shelf...but which I hide in back).

Plus I have two full volumes of poetry books + 2 digital collection in my pad which I haven't really touched...only if I'm looking for rhyming scheme and meter for my own writing.

But I definitely like her poetry, style is modern romantic, rhythm/metering is good, short and to the point. She reminds me of EE Cummings.

tumblr_n65gos7KEf1tpcxq1o1_500.jpg
  • mamabellemamabelle PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    blue_acid wrote: »
    I just picked up her Love & Misadventures and Lullabies and I am so hooked! Her poems are easy to read and tugs the heartstrings :bashful:

just finished love & misadventures, and oh it tugged so many strings. I'm buying Lullabies next and will be present at her next book signing this December :D
    tumblr_mjxszifM7l1s7azt2o1_500.jpg

It reminds me of this short docu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAlbh3xH_ls

My Filipino isn't the best, but I think the trans. is "Angels of Twilight"
  • blue_acidblue_acid PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐