PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at pex-info@pinoyexchange.com. Thank you!

Gilas Offense: Multiple Screens

GaylordGaylord Member PExer
If Gilas would incorporate the multiple screens just like the great coach Larry Brown gives for scorers like Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, and Richard Hamilton, would it be effective for Team Gilas?
I think this offense would work well for small teams like Gilas Pilipinas...

Comments

• whiplashwhiplash Member PExer
    ^ and who would be our rip hamilton or reggie miller? gary david? LOL

no, thank you! :lol:
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    kahit anong offense pa yan, if skills/height/experience is limited, wala din yan
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life ✭✭
    kahit anong offense pa yan, if skills/height/experience is limited, wala din yan

based on our performance, we actually have the skills to compete with the europeans despite our lack of growth hormones. ang kulang talaga sa atin ay yung experience to play at the highest basketball level, hence our collapse in the end games.

regarding multiple screens, i agree kailangan natin yan. furthermore, walang-wala tayong mga inside passes and screen and rolls sa loob. hingi siya ng tulong kay coach yeng whose ros team plays this extremely well. gaya nga ng sabi ni tim cone, ros plays like greece.
  • lovejones wrote: »
    based on our performance, we actually have the skills to compete with the europeans despite our lack of growth hormones. ang kulang talaga sa atin ay yung experience to play at the highest basketball level, hence our collapse in the end games.

regarding multiple screens, i agree kailangan natin yan. furthermore, walang-wala tayong mga inside passes and screen and rolls sa loob. hingi siya ng tulong kay coach yeng whose ros team plays this extremely well. gaya nga ng sabi ni tim cone, ros plays like greece.

no need for yeng guiao, nasa gilas coahing staff na si ryan regorio, master ng multiple screens. alam mo naman playbool nun since purefoods days,
    1. give the ball to yap/kerby
    2. the rest give screens/or wait for the rebound
    3. once you get the rebound, go back to instruction no.1
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life ✭✭
    no need for yeng guiao, nasa gilas coahing staff na si ryan regorio, master ng multiple screens. alam mo naman playbool nun since purefoods days,
    1. give the ball to yap/kerby
    2. the rest give screens/or wait for the rebound
    3. once you get the rebound, go back to instruction no.1

patay tayo diyan :glee:
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    lovejones wrote: »

i am not saying walang skills ang pinas, pero limited pa din at this point, sa akin gulat factor ang nangyari sa spain, dami nagsabi hirap sila ma scout tayo, kung wala naman tayong naturalized, baka kahit taiwan lang mahirapan na tayo, imagine kung mag naturalize ang china o iran, although naturalization is legal, so all good

so for me, i believe kahit anong offense yan, kung magaling ka magaling ka, saka yang multiple screen baka di din mageffect, kasi malalaki kalaban tapos mabibilis din, imagine 6'3 kaya sabayan ang 5'8, o 6'9 kaya sabayan ang 6'4

kung multiple screen ang usapan, kunin niyo si renren ritualo :D
  • GaylordGaylord Member PExer
    lovejones wrote: »

nice insight, hindi ko napansin na ROS plays multiple screens
  • GaylordGaylord Member PExer

This is the famed multiple screen offense of the Spurs called "The Loop"
    Larry Brown and Popovich are best buddies, so high possibility that Brown taught Popovich about Iverson (6'0) multiple screens
  • tambayan101tambayan101 Member ✭✭✭
    Why not use the 2 high screens perfected by coach Toroman for the Gilas cadets + pros. This play was effectively designed coach Toroman for Douthit. Di ba wala pa ngang PBA team ang nakatalo nung sumali sila sa PBA. Actually sinubukan din yan ni coachot after our blow out loss to Ukraine kaso too late na para maperfect.

I think yung 2 high screens is more of an inside play for the bigs while yung DDO is designed more for the shooters. Pwede namang mag alternate play for DDO at 2 high screens.

Bale 2 shooters will stay both wings while the 2 bigs and PG will perform the 2 high screen play. Ang importante marunong mag slide yung 2 bigs at magaleng gumamit ng pick yung PG magiging effective yan. Baka nga bumalik yung dating Douthit pag ginamit ni coachot yang 2 high screen. Naalala ko yung dati nyang galaw pagka lob pass nung PG, one dribble lang nya stretch lay up na sa basket.
  • twelvedozentwelvedozen In God's perfect time. PExer
    ^ Same sentiments with TAMBAYAN.

Also,If they're going to use the plays of Toroman. It's nice to have a point guard who shoots well from the outside.

Aside from Jimmy, I couldn't think of any point guard right now who shoots well from downtown other than Jayvee Casio.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "Why not use the 2 high screens perfected by coach Toroman for the Gilas cadets + pros. This play was effectively designed coach Toroman for Douthit. Di ba wala pa ngang PBA team ang nakatalo nung sumali sila sa PBA. Actually sinubukan din yan ni coachot after our blow out loss to Ukraine kaso too late na para maperfect.
    "

ayoko!!! it ends with an alley oop to japeth e!!
    ibig sabihin may playing time si japeth. lolol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file