Home PEx Sports The UAAP Games

Is it about time to include CDC to the overall championship tally?

yestoyesto Administrator PEx Moderator
Now that CDC is starting to be more technical, is it the right time to include this event to the overall championship tally for UAAP?

Why or why not?

Comments

• fire_exitfire_exit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes. Aminin na natin, schools are starting to invest in the recruitment of its pep team. Schools are putting effort to make their squads better and place well during the CDC. I think the only thing that hinders the UAAP from making it part of the Over-All tally is the fact that cheerleading is not recognized as a sport in UAAP (or even in the Philippines I think).

To be fair din sa pep squad members, I think it's about time na mabigyan ng part sa Over-All points ng school nila yung effort na binigay nila. Hindi biro ang practice nila. I believe their training is more dangerous than any sport in the UAAP. The risk of falling, fracture, injury and accidents are high in cheerleading than any other sport in the UAAP.

I think it's time for the pep squad to be a "legit" UAAP team.
  • ylle45ylle45 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    no.:glee:

:D
  • elhyelhy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    weh? di pa pala kasama sa tally iyan? juice-kow-poh

ISAMA NA IYAN!
  • Ayusin muna nila yung judging system. I-standardize nila. Hindi yung every year pabagu-bago. This is a very subjective sport. Ngayon pa nga lang na exhibition sport lang siya may mga controversies na sa judging. Eh di lalo na kung may bearing siya sa overall championship tally.
  • It's about time! Hehe. Sana, kahit mas maliit yung percentage nya.
  • kenilworth12kenilworth12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes indeed. Kailangan na rin i-boost ang score ng NU at UP :glee:
  • shutup_81shutup_81 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pag nasali na 'to expect La Salle to exert more effort sa AS. Ateneo, di pa siguro masyado since di naman target ng Ateneo Overall Championship, pero since televised event siya di na din nakakapagtataka kung biglang ayusin nila BBB. Di na lang NU ang magho-hoard ng gymnasts pag nagkataon.
  • fire_exitfire_exit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    shutup_81 wrote: »
    pag nasali na 'to expect La Salle to exert more effort sa AS. Ateneo, di pa siguro masyado since di naman target ng Ateneo Overall Championship, pero since televised event siya di na din nakakapagtataka kung biglang ayusin nila BBB. Di na lang NU ang magho-hoard ng gymnasts pag nagkataon.

Agree. As of this time, wala pang major help ang AS from the school. Walang recruitment ang AS actually.
  • greenboy3greenboy3 Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    I don't think so, CDC is not considered a sport, di to kasama sa olympics, Asian games or even SEA games. Gymnastics though should be included.
  • not a sport. No!