Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball

08/24/2014 (4pm): ATENEO Blue Eagles VS NU Bulldogs

yestoyesto Administrator PEx Admin
VENUE: Araneta Coliseum
TIME: 4:00 pm


[center-hidden]ROUND 1 RESULT: 64-60 (NU)
1MC_2447.jpg[/center-hidden]

Discuss the game in this thread.
«1345678

Comments

  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Close game, but coach Ronnie will design the play and Kiefer will hit the game winner :lol:
  • Target: 90 points
  • kenilworth12kenilworth12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Blue Eagles in a close game. Medyo mahina ang NU pagdating sa close games... :glee:
  • 3m1L3m1L PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bulldogs will keep Ravena under 10 pts.
  • mrjumbo03mrjumbo03 PEx Rookie ⭐
    The first round game against the Bulldogs was Kiefer's worst game this season. I'm sure he has this at the back of his mind, and is raring to get back at them.
  • centroeagle06centroeagle06 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ateneo by 14. OBF!
  • ONE BIG BITE!
    NU by 6pts!
  • Kimpoy17Kimpoy17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    NU with 50 fouls. Haha
  • greenergreener PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kimpoy17 wrote: »
    NU with 50 fouls. Haha

    Should have been 100 obvious fouls. Takot lang ang refs na tawagan lahat kasi siguradong magrereklamo na naman.
  • Kimpoy17 wrote: »
    NU with 50 fouls. Haha

    Haha! Panalo :)) pero NU yan :)
  • after the AdU-UE game im sure the UE crowd will join NU chanting "ONE CLEAN FIGHT" and "ONE BIG FLOP" :
  • mrjumbo03mrjumbo03 PEx Rookie ⭐
    after the AdU-UE game im sure the UE crowd will join NU chanting "ONE CLEAN FIGHT" and "ONE BIG FLOP" :

    Kung gagamitin nila yung utak nila and look past their hate, UE actually needs NU to lose to keep their hopes of making the final 4 alive.
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Altamirano vs Bo-Magsanoc, all UP. Sad that their alums can't change their own alma mater's basketball program even if their lives depend on it. Hoy dioskong mahabagin. Maawa naman kayo. When a school starts celebrating bonfires for a win (no, not a title, a game), then there must be something wrong (or awfully missing and sorely lacking).
  • zacharaiolsenzacharaiolsen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mrjumbo03 wrote: »
    Kung gagamitin nila yung utak nila and look past their hate, UE actually needs NU to lose to keep their hopes of making the final 4 alive.

    im from UST, but even if we needed Ateneo to win over UE for the Tigers' final 4 hopes, we still cheered for UE. havent you, ateneans, ever wondered why most schools are against you when it comes to uaap basketball?

    bakit pag iba naman ang kalaban, matalo man eh hindi nagrereklamo, at hindi ganyan katindi ang questionable/ controversial fouls? parang ateneo lagi ang consistent...
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    im from UST, but even if we needed Ateneo to win over UE for the Tigers' final 4 hopes, we still cheered for UE. havent you, ateneans, ever wondered why most schools are against you when it comes to uaap basketball?

    bakit pag iba naman ang kalaban, matalo man eh hindi nagrereklamo, at hindi ganyan katindi ang questionable/ controversial fouls? parang ateneo lagi ang consistent...

    Kasi stereotyped na.
  • im from UST, but even if we needed Ateneo to win over UE for the Tigers' final 4 hopes, we still cheered for UE. havent you, ateneans, ever wondered why most schools are against you when it comes to uaap basketball?

    bakit pag iba naman ang kalaban, matalo man eh hindi nagrereklamo, at hindi ganyan katindi ang questionable/ controversial fouls? parang ateneo lagi ang consistent...
    brief wrote: »
    Kasi stereotyped na.

    Oks lang yun tama stereotyped na and sanay naman na yata sila.:rotflmao: Easy lang kayo NU yan. Tiwala nalang.
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    kris609 wrote: »
    Oks lang yun tama stereotyped na and sanay naman na yata sila.:rotflmao: Easy lang kayo NU yan. Tiwala nalang.

    Yes, sanay na kami and ever since, wala rin naman talaga kami magagawa. We can defend and show evidence suggesting otherwise but people are going to think what they want to think.

    On our end, we really can't do anything if schools label our guys as floppers and accuse our school as cheaters. The only thing we can (and should) do is to cheer our guys on and lift their spirits.

    At the end of the day, when people accuse Ateneo (or any school for that matter) of cheating, are they able to help their school/athletes in any way? It's their every right to voice out their displeasure but if complaining is the only thing they do, may I suggest that you raise the matter to the proper authorities so that something can be done.
  • brief wrote: »
    Yes, sanay na kami and ever since, wala rin naman talaga kami magagawa. We can defend and show evidence suggesting otherwise but people are going to think what they want to think.

    On our end, we really can't do anything if schools label our guys as floppers and accuse our school as cheaters. The only thing we can (and should) do is to cheer our guys on and lift their spirits.

    At the end of the day, when people accuse Ateneo (or any school for that matter) of cheating, are they able to help their school/athletes in any way? It's their every right to voice out their displeasure but if complaining is the only thing they do, may I suggest that you raise the matter to the proper authorities so that something can be done.

    Tama. Ganyan nga. Kanya-kanyang way nalang yan kung pano ihahandle. Kasalanan niyo bang bansagan yung team niyo na "floppy birds"? E hindi naman e diba? Oks lang yan. Wala naman talagang magagawa diyan. Hayaan nalang natin maglaro yung mga atleta natin. Sila ang naglalaro ng bola, nasakanila na yun kung mananalo o matatalo.
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    kris609 wrote: »
    Tama. Ganyan nga. Kanya-kanyang way nalang yan kung pano ihahandle. Kasalanan niyo bang bansagan yung team niyo na "floppy birds"? E hindi naman e diba? Oks lang yan. Wala naman talagang magagawa diyan. Hayaan nalang natin maglaro yung mga atleta natin. Sila ang naglalaro ng bola, nasakanila na yun kung mananalo o matatalo.

    True that. Anyway, despite all the controversies, I would say that it's been a good season so far. Lots of previously unheralded players have been stepping up for their teams (Rosario, Khobuntin, Belo, Tolomia to name a few) and there's no clear favorite for the title. This should be good for the league. Good luck to all.
  • mrjumbo03mrjumbo03 PEx Rookie ⭐
    im from UST, but even if we needed Ateneo to win over UE for the Tigers' final 4 hopes, we still cheered for UE. havent you, ateneans, ever wondered why most schools are against you when it comes to uaap basketball?

    bakit pag iba naman ang kalaban, matalo man eh hindi nagrereklamo, at hindi ganyan katindi ang questionable/ controversial fouls? parang ateneo lagi ang consistent...

    We don't really care what other schools think. Nagpapakabandwagon lang naman yung mga ibang fans on the "luto/controversial calls train" e. Take this last game for example, nag-ere nanaman si Sumang and Pumaren ng statements nila. Now, for someone who didn't watch the game, and looking at the box score only and seeing the 21 freethrows, iisipin niya, "**** oo nga baka nadaya sa tawagan ah, ang dami nung 21 freethrows." But had they watched the game, makikita naman nila na legit calls yun. Problem is, people won't remember those legit calls, and ang maaalala nila is yung statements of Pumaren and Sumang. And thus, napeperpetuate yung stigma of getting favorable calls, which often times, is just greatly exaggerated.

    Also, weather weather lang yan. Back in the 90's when Ateneo was in its dark ages, I'm sure nobody hated our guts. Hindi ko inabot yung UST teams that had their run of championships in the 90's but I'm pretty sure that everybody hated them for winning so much. Ditto for DLSU and their 4 peat squad (more for this because of the characters they had on their teams). Before Ateneo's 5peat, only DLSU hated our guts. Now, everyone is out to get us. Such is the price of greatness.

    See also: LA Lakers with Kobe and Shaq, and the Miami Heat after the Decision.
    brief wrote: »
    ...and there's no clear favorite for the title. This should be good for the league.

    Only reason kung bakit ganito is, of the 3 touted to be favorites for the title this season, 2 of them underachieved and ended with a 3-4 slate after the first round. No one really gave Ateneo, FEU and NU a chance during the preseason. And understandably so, given the personnel these teams lost. But several players have stepped up big time.
Sign In or Register to comment.