Blocks - Even
Off Ball D - Kiefer
On Ball D - Kiefer
Fatigue - Jeron
FT - Kiefer
3s - Kiefer
Post Up - Jeron

Comments

• Kiefer is a high risk high rewards player. Jeron is a more reliable more consistent-results player.
  • tamarawz_14tamarawz_14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Teng vs. Belo is much better match up. same position and almost same height.
  • greenboy3greenboy3 Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    They are both great players.. though mas intense and hardworking si Jeron, sana alisin na rin ni Kiefer yun flopping kasi yun ang medyo panget sa laro nya.
  • Since Kiefer has a technical foul, does that mean he's ineligible to be MVP and therefore, makes Jeron in the lead for the MVP race?
    or should one have to be suspended to be ineligible for MVP?
  • After the DLSU-ADMU second meeting, it seems that Jeron is better with FT shooting
  • kanskikanski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    to those old enough to remember, you think this could be this generation's allan caidic vs samboy lim? i think time will tell.

if they continue their stellar performance into the pba and, at certain times, lend their talents to the philippine team in the future together, they could very well be samboy/caidic v2.0.
  • todoslackertodoslacker PEx Rookie ⭐
    Keifer gets a lot of flak for flopping but the league (including the PBA) hasn't done anything about flopping in the pros or amateur league.

I don't like flopping either and the governing bodies of local basketball can't sit on the fence on the matter. FIBA doesn't have the flopping rule where flopping can still be fined even after the game is played (if observed on replay video). It is in international play that flopping is most prevalent. Notice also that there is better team passing, all around team game and existence of the zone defense in international play. If FIBA starts having a flopping rule then isolation plays would be more frequent.

The NBA has the flopping rule and this encourages more dribble drives and penetration to the basket moves.

I don’t have a beef with flopping, but it's a lot of gray at the moment. We hate the obvious ones or those caught in-flagrante talaga, pero ayos lang yung mga subtle or pa-simple. Do we hate Keifer for doing it because he's a legitimate star? In the same way people have ridiculed Lebron and Chris Paul for having been caught and fined for flopping also? Or are we just finding holes in his game to mention?

As a La Sallite, I can't bring myself to hate the act even if one of its perpetrators is an Atenean because one day and I'm quite sure of this, we will all love him for it, even cheer for it and scream bloody murder if he doesn't get the call when he dons the national colors.
    h0ld_0n wrote: »
    Since Kiefer has a technical foul, does that mean he's ineligible to be MVP and therefore, makes Jeron in the lead for the MVP race?
    or should one have to be suspended to be ineligible for MVP?

He is still eligible, di naman sya naeject :)
  • dfgvandfgvan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ejection will disqualify one for mvp...

remember enrico villanueva
  • work_placework_place Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    I hope sexuality issue has nothing to do with this.

Jeron Teng is much better. He does not carry all the load for his team.
  • Finesse lang si Ravena pero kung sabayan pareho lang sila ngayon. Medyo superhero lang si Ravena this year kaya siguro napagod kahapon. :)
    kanski wrote: »
    to those old enough to remember, you think this could be this generation's allan caidic vs samboy lim? i think time will tell.

if they continue their stellar performance into the pba and, at certain times, lend their talents to the philippine team in the future together, they could very well be samboy/caidic v2.0.

Paano nagkaron ng competition si Caidic at Samboy Lim? E dib si Caidic nasa UE (UAAP) at si Samboy e Letran (NCAA), meaning di sila nagkalaban? haha please correct me If I'm wrong di pa ko pinapanganak nun.. :rotflmao:
    Season 75: Jeron >> Kiefer
    Season 76: Jeron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kiefer

Season 77: In terms of numbers mas productive si Kiefer for ADMU but I think that is because mas dependent ang ADMU kay Ravena than DLSU to Jeron.
  • blueberry_sexyblueberry_sexy Winner PEx Expert 🎖️
    Jeron is much better he doesn't need to 'act' all the time just to have a foul/free throw. ;)
  • medyo may hawig pala ni kiefer si ferdinand.
  • greenboy3 wrote: »
    Paano nagkaron ng competition si Caidic at Samboy Lim? E dib si Caidic nasa UE (UAAP) at si Samboy e Letran (NCAA), meaning di sila nagkalaban? haha please correct me If I'm wrong di pa ko pinapanganak nun.. :rotflmao:

The rivalry was between Caidic and Pido.
  • karahasankarahasan 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    As a La Sallite, I can't bring myself to hate the act even if one of its perpetrators is an Atenean because one day and I'm quite sure of this, we will all love him for it, even cheer for it and scream bloody murder if he doesn't get the call when he dons the national colors.

This. Reminds me of Belga's physical play: we all hate it when he goes all physical on PBA players, but come FIBA tournaments, we love him for it.
  • Best Actor Trophy ba ang pinaglalaban dito?

Si Kiefer ang panalo! Artistang artista!
  • Driving to the left and finishing with his left hand-Jeron
    Driving either left or right - Jeron
    Leaping ability - Kiefer
    Stamina-Jeron
    Outside Shooting - Kiefer
    Intensity-Jeron
  • Source: gmanetwork.com

I realized that Jeron’s muscles appear permanently flexed. Ganun na ata talaga yun. Para siyang muscle na tinubuan ng Archer. Like I believe when he was born, may big muscles na siya and naka-flex na yung big muscles niya. That has to be some sort of Guinness World Record, right?

Nobody scores at will the way Jeron scores at will. The sagasa factor in strong in this one. Think of Brock Lesnar. Then make him sing "Unbreak My Heart." Then make him selfie-ready. Then force him to wear a medium La Salle jersey. Then give him the green light to drive to the basket.

That’s Jeron Teng. Para siyang ten-wheeler speeding along Katipunan Avenue at 11:30 p.m. There is no choice. Tatabi talaga lahat.

Unlike Jason Perkins, who is not just smooth but is ismoot na ismoot, Jeron scored 15 points in the first period by dismantling barricades and crashing through walls. Kung nakapag-Milo BEST lang siguro si John Cena, maybe he could’ve been the next Jeron Teng. Seriously, if anyone ever tries to draw an offensive foul from Jeron on a fastbreak, that player deserves to have his own statue in front of the school.

Ateneo’s Kiefer Ravena, on the other hand, needed every head fake, shoulder fake, and ball fake in his book of spells. Pahirapan. He couldn’t just ram through La Salle’s defense. He had to take detours. Often, he had to create new detours altogether.

Remember François Tolour - “The Night Fox” - from Ocean’s Twelve? Remember that epic Capoeira scene? Tolour had to dance through a laser field and avoided certain detection by just inches. That was Kiefer. And that was tiring.

I dare not say that Kiefer’s performance art is more artful than Jeron’s performance art. One is not necessarily more artistic than the other. One’s style does not demand more creativity than the other’s ways. The Atenean is Houdini. The Lasallian is The Ultimate Warrior. Art is art. In a game that fortifies the thought of a possible head-to-head-down-the-wire duel for season MVP (maybe even finals MVP?) between Ravena and Teng, how can you not admire both?

At the end of the game, after La Salle gained a share of first place, Jeron stood on the court and looked like he could still do 900 push-ups once he finished singing his alma mater song. I wasn’t surprised.

Check out Jeron’s last three games: 25 points, 11 rebounds versus UP, 22 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists versus UST, and 32 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists versus Ateneo.

After starting the season at 0-2, La Salle is on a 6-game winning streak. Even with all the injuries. Even with the green pants. Even with Jeron trying to sing like Toni Braxton.

No wonder Coach Juno Sauler remains unfazed even if we’ve never seen him fazed. He has a team that transcends the loss of key players, he has players that transcend the lack of experience, and he has Jeron Teng – a player who transcends the definition of force and transcends whatever contradictory force opponents attempt to provide.

To use Asgardian strength in a way that could inspire poetry is still art in potent form. — JST, GMA News

Source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/375372/sports/opinion/the-final-score-jeron-teng-goes-brock-lesnar-on-ateneo