Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

A role for model for today's youth

ramblerrambler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Nikki Gil: Staying a virgin is my choice

MANILA - A year after her controversial breakup with singer-host Billy Crawford, and despite being supposedly "made fun of," Nikki Gil said she stands by her decision to not have sex until after she gets married.

In a live interview on "Aquino & Abunda Tonight," the 26-year-old actress and singer was asked to react to people describing her new relationship with a non-showbiz man as a "rebound" following her separation from Crawford, her past boyfriend of 5 years

*okay*

Comments

• paregoricparegoric PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nice one for Nikki! Sya ang dapat tularan ng mga kabataan ngayon. hehehe
  • elhyelhy PExer
    one size fits all na naman.

kung feel mong maging virgin bago magpakasal, go lang. walang pumipigil sa'yo. kung hindi naman, panindigan mo

To me, she's not really a role model. just another girl who's living up to her values
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    elhy wrote: »
    just another girl who's living up to her values

Bingo!

Message to short daw. :glee:
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good, for her. I'm always happy to see a woman who is happy with who she wants to be. Bravo.

...really though you can be decent without being a virgin. There are a lot of good women enjoying healthy sex life...and many of them are REAL models: they innovate, they help the poor, they galvanize the downtrodden to action, they dream and hope for a better future.

Problem: it's not the trend (who, who aren't, why, and how many women are having pre-marital sex) but how and where we put sex (or the lack thereof) in the scope of all things.

If you put sex as penultimate goal of being a good person, then maybe. However I'd rather think that most people have a bit less superficial (and more qualitative) standard of what makes a good person and a role model.

If she makes the 'first Filipina astronaut' level, then plaster her face on a billboard,

Sexpectations
  • Ayoko sa girl na to cause probably dark brown nipples nya.
  • elhy wrote: »
    one size fits all na naman.

kung feel mong maging virgin bago magpakasal, go lang. walang pumipigil sa'yo. kung hindi naman, panindigan mo

To me, she's not really a role model. just another girl who's living up to her values

I gather you are not a Christian?

~The_truther
  • moza_rella wrote: »
    Ayoko sa girl na to cause probably dark brown nipples nya.

I gather your nipples are pink, too?

~The_truther
  • pusang_miyawpusang_miyaw PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I respect her decision at nabibilib din ako sa paninindigan niya lalo na celebrity siya.

Pero personally, hindi sakin big deal yung sex as long as you do it sa taong mahal mo talaga mapa married man kayo o hindi pa. Isang way din yun to explore and enhance your sex life.
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I gather your nipples are pink, too?

~The_truther

Preferences, tatang. Preferences. Not everyone shares a common interest. :naughty:
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Now why cant I find someone like her
    Much respect to her
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i wonder how kris feels about the interview.
  • ramblerrambler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    and many of them are REAL models: they innovate, they help the poor, they galvanize the downtrodden to action, they dream and hope for a better future.

somehow it nullifies all those things kung makati ka pa sa higad. :glee:
  • mcgirl04 wrote: »
    So are you saying that any woman who is sexually active cannot do all those things without being judged? Enjoyment of sex is not exclusive to single women. Married women enjoy it too. So if a married woman who enjoys sex contributes to society it's okay? Why does sex have to be made a big deal by Filipino society and use it as ammunition against single women?

My cousin put herself through grad school and law school by working at the same time. She's now a bankruptcy lawyer and lives with her boyfriend. She also joins fitness competitions. So she could never be a good role model because she is not married and has sex?
    Another reason why Catholic countries are always behind the times.
  • not really a good role model. She is way too dark of skin in that interview. How is that setting a good example for the children?
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rambler wrote: »
    somehow it nullifies all those things kung makati ka pa sa higad. :glee:

Well because you're Bible thumper, it somewhat nullifies anything because you can't see past that with anything else. :glee:

Dogma is more important to you than anything else.

Fundy Mentalist
  • mcgirl04 wrote: »
    So are you saying that any woman who is sexually active cannot do all those things without being judged? Enjoyment of sex is not exclusive to single women. Married women enjoy it too. So if a married woman who enjoys sex contributes to society it's okay? Why does sex have to be made a big deal by Filipino society and use it as ammunition against single women?

My cousin put herself through grad school and law school by working at the same time. She's now a bankruptcy lawyer and lives with her boyfriend. She also joins fitness competitions. So she could never be a good role model because she is not married and has sex?

Makati pa sa higad = sexually promiscuous.

Sexually promiscuous <> sexual active albeit monogamous.

~The_truther
  • Well because you're Bible thumper, it somewhat nullifies anything because you can't see past that with anything else. :glee:

Dogma is more important to you than anything else.

Fundy Mentalist

Ding! Ding!

Case Closed.
  • Choice niya iyon. She is just living up to her choices. Ano bang naging contribution niya sa society?

Iyong mga babaeng role model sa akin are the likes of Angel Locsin, Jeanne Cordero, Shamcey Supsup, etc.