Home PEx Hobbies Recreation
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Most expensive items you bought for your collection

yestoyesto Administrator PEx Admin
How much are you willing to spend for your precious collections?

So far, what is the most expensive item in your collection and how expensive it was when you bought it?

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    a 1995 Philippine stamp block error commemorating the
    UN 50th anniversary.

face value, 8p, market value after a week 100p, now it is about 7500p.
    a complete Philippine Japanese Occupation mint stamp set except for a pre-cancelled imperforated sheetlet.

bought it for 1200p. the 1p surcharge over 4p stamp would cost around 10K.
  • I do not understand the thinking of those rich and spend the money to buy an expensive item. Items purchased at a great price is what may help him later when he's dead

This will be my most expensive toy collection when I am done building it

Kit alone is 600 dollars
    Motors 250
    Remote 300 and electronics will cost you another 300
    And other fittings
    By the time im done its probably around 3k dollars
  • agentgreckoagentgrecko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'm collecting Lego Star Wars, and I have a few Marvel sets as well. So far, the most expensive set I've bought costs around Php 9,000+, the Millennium Falcon. :)
    i have another stamp error, the 1980 Pope John Paul II Papal Visit. the papal visit was in 1981. bought it for 2200p. it is unlisted in most stamp catalogues and the price is very speculative.

p.s.
    made a mistake with the 1995 UN error. after a week the market price was 300p and i bought it at a discounted 250p.
  • I could have sworn there was a thread on this topic already. Are we atalking about a few items or 1 item? Anyway the most expansive ones I can think of are various dc and marvel comic book back issues from the 60's purchased during the late 80's for like $20 and up... A few X-Men back issues from the 70's John Byrne era. And Numerous mint condition Death of Superman Comic books for that story arc. I remember a lot of non comic book reading people were also buying those issues.
  • I just remembered that my sister and her husband had a fundraiser for typhoon Haiyan victims last November at the Buffalo wild wings.. I bid on 1 glove signed by Brian Orakpo, one shoe, a cleat (not a pair) of Brian Orakpo's and a football signed by Alfred Morris for a total of more than $600. All for a good cause. Brian Orakpo plays outside linebacker and Alfred Morris plays running back for the Washington Redskins.
    funny how most toy collectors are avoiding this thread and exposing they are adults/parents wasting the money of plastic toys.
  • ^ The thing is in my hobby, my biggest purchase $600 US is not even considered big. That's a moderate purchase.

9593949783_d9daaec26c_n.jpg

Most go at a good 4 digit pace but the biggest I've seen happen was for an unreleased G2 Menasor at close to $27 000.
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Most expensive...

1. Collection ko noon ng oakley shoes na mahina 5k/pair.

2. Major crossover events in Marvel. Messiah Complex and Messiah War. Pati na ren pala Secret Invasion na signed ni Leinil Yu yung ibang issue.
  • Most expensive is a thor premium format statue by sideshow collectibles. Current market price at 1300 USD.

[IMG][/img]DSC_0567_zps1102fe72.jpg