Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

Lote muna

Hi!

I'd like to know the things I should know when buying lot.

I have a couple of questions in mind right now:

1.) Is there a standard for determining the value of land, so that we can check if the seller of a lot is trying to con you. Is there like a statistics how fast the land value increased, like how much the value increased every year.

2.) How do you check if a lot is valid, has no problem, has a valid title, not mortgaged?

3.) How do you check if the lot is a good spot, not on an earthquake fault line, high land which has no flood, maybe crime rate check? not a cemetery previously.

4.) After buying your lot, is it necessary to build walls around your lot? or you can just leave it, until you have decided to build house.

5.) Is it a good idea to plant trees where you want them, so that by the time you have decided to build your house, the trees should have grown already.

6.) what else must I know?

I found a lot of 5k per sqm in bulacan, 200 sqm. it's 1M. I think it's too much, but if it's worth it, why not?

I also found 1.5k per sqm, 200 sqm also, 300K

any suggestions?

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. the LGUs have a zonal value of every property;
    2. bureau of land registration;
    3. refer to the government geo-hazard map;
    3. ask the existing residents for flooding, crime rate, and history;(highland may flooding pa kaya)
    4. it depends on the developer. if the developer built subdivision perimeter fence then there is no need to erect your own. but if it an open subdivision, it is better to put a fence to avoid squatters.
    5. no
    6. is it worth buy a property in bulacan if you are working in MM.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    zonal is one thing. market value is another.

but go around the area.. see how much other similar properties are selling for. pag maraming for sale.. magingat ka sa lugar.

it could be flood prone, etc.

yung perimeter.. depends kung nasa loob ka ng village, kahit wala na okay na. pero outside the village.. you may want to put up a fence dahil squatters may come in and squat.
    nobody buys at market value and nobody sells at zonal value.

both have to meet in between. the buyer will normally shoulder the capital gains tax just to get a bargain. kahit si BIR Kim Henares hindi maniniwala sa inyo. just ask RCorona,
    depends on the location.

may zonal value nga 5k, ang bentahan is at 20k/ sqm

market value ang bilihan. kung tatawad man hindi ganun ka layo.

llike it's absurd that somebody will sell 2ok/ sqm lots for under 18k.

kaya nga mataas e. marami ang interesado sa lugar. places that are safe from floods are highly sought after lately.
    example.. here's the zonal value for sta mesa heights:

AGNO STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CADIZ STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CALIRAYA STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CORDILLERA STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 10,500.00
    CR 14,000.00

people are going to laugh at you if you offer to buy their properties for anywhere close to those prices.

the market value is at the 30k range nowadays.

for more zonal values visit: http://www.bir.gov.ph/zonalvalues/zonalvalues.htm#rr7
  • thanks GLI,

I have followup questions:
    1. the LGUs have a zonal value of every property;

ok, i am using this from BHB
    http://www.bir.gov.ph/zonalvalues/zonalvalues.htm#rr7
    2. bureau of land registration;

ok.
    3. refer to the government geo-hazard map;

where do I find the government geo-hazard map?
    3. ask the existing residents for flooding, crime rate, and history;(highland may flooding pa kaya)

I already did that, but asking the locals in my experience is not reliable.
    let's say I express interest to buy the lot, the locals there would prolly tell different contrasting stories. kung ayaw ka nilang kapitbahay, or kung interesado din sila don sa lot at ayaw nilang maunahan, they will make up horrible stories.

facts are more reliable.
    4. it depends on the developer. if the developer built subdivision perimeter fence then there is no need to erect your own. but if it an open subdivision, it is better to put a fence to avoid squatters.

why should i avoid squatters? I mean is it impossible to drive them away?
    kasi if I put walls or fence, di kaya nakawin lang yun?
    5. no
    why not?
    6. is it worth buy a property in bulacan if you are working in MM.

I'm not working in MM. (ofw)
  • example.. here's the zonal value for sta mesa heights:

AGNO STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CADIZ STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CALIRAYA STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 14,000.00
    CORDILLERA STA. MESA HEIGHTS RR 10,500.00
    CR 14,000.00

people are going to laugh at you if you offer to buy their properties for anywhere close to those prices.

the market value is at the 30k range nowadays.

for more zonal values visit: http://www.bir.gov.ph/zonalvalues/zonalvalues.htm#rr7

my aim was only to have a valid basis on land value, even if it is not accurate.

I am targetting a land in bulacan (for some reason), of course it is good to know which area is more valuable than which area, I can compare values even if they are not market value.

thanks for the link

I will assume that this is the current value list, it's 2009 though.

any other source? do you have your source for market values?
    SmartDessa wrote: »
    I have followup questions:

where do I find the government geo-hazard map?

DOST Project NOAH
    http://downloads.noah.dost.gov.ph/downloads/

I already did that, but asking the locals in my experience is not reliable.
    let's say I express interest to buy the lot, the locals there would prolly tell different contrasting stories. kung ayaw ka nilang kapitbahay, or kung interesado din sila don sa lot at ayaw nilang maunahan, they will make up horrible stories.

facts are more reliable.

in our profession, we normally do the trival things in order to come up with the right design including disaster resistant establishment. asking the neighbors works. they will even show you the flood water stains on their walls.

bakit mukha ka bang hindi kayaayang kapitbahay?

why should i avoid squatters? I mean is it impossible to drive them away?
    kasi if I put walls or fence, di kaya nakawin lang yun?

you dont drive squatters away. you pay them resettlement money to go away. putting up a fence is cheaper.

and yes, the squatters are now bolder. they will chip the chb of your fence and steal the loose rebars.

why not?

if that tree grows to an uncomfortable size and you are forced to cut it down, you have to pay a penalty to the DENR.
    "I will assume that this is the current value list, it's 2009 though.

any other source? do you have your source for market values? "

it is updated and it is used by your local bir rdo as well.
    they dont update things very often over at bir, you see.

"let's say I express interest to buy the lot, the locals there would prolly tell different contrasting stories. kung ayaw ka nilang kapitbahay, or kung interesado din sila don sa lot at ayaw nilang maunahan, they will make up horrible stories"

local towns people are more reliable than government data fact sheet. just be nice to them. buy a softdrink from the local sari sari store, and chat up the store keeper.

local towns people have yet steered me wrong.

pero floods naman you can see for yourself din. pansinin mo ang mga driveways ng bahay nearby kung gaano sila kataas. another great way to check for flooding is to visit the place right after a major rain/ bagyo.

for faults.. look around the current house and check for cracks in the walls, and look at the neighbours kung may cracks din ang pader nila.

yung nagwawalis, kamustahin mo...

• bookmarked and thanks
    in our profession, we normally do the trival things in order to come up with the right design including disaster resistant establishment. asking the neighbors works. they will even show you the flood water stains on their walls.

what if they regularly paint their walls?
    bakit mukha ka bang hindi kayaayang kapitbahay?

if I say yes, then my point becomes valid.

so yes, now tell me, won't the people in the neighborhood make up stories to drive you away?
    you dont drive squatters away. you pay them resettlement money to go away. putting up a fence is cheaper.

and yes, the squatters are now bolder. they will chip the chb of your fence and steal the loose rebars.

that's horrible.

so what do you suggest? high voltage fence wire?
    if that tree grows to an uncomfortable size and you are forced to cut it down, you have to pay a penalty to the DENR.

But I am going to plant it where I want it, like on the edges. but can't we instead pull it out than cutting it off, and replant it to a better location.

it is updated and it is used by your local bir rdo as well.
    they dont update things very often over at bir, you see.

ok
    local towns people are more reliable than government data fact sheet. just be nice to them. buy a softdrink from the local sari sari store, and chat up the store keeper.

local towns people have yet steered me wrong.

this suspicion is based on experience. We spotted a land with a house, and it's abandoned with a no tresspassing sign on it. and so we asked the neighbors who the owner is, one neighbor said that the owner already lives in MM, and he's very hard to contact, then a bystander who happens to be working on a construction nearby told us that the owner is "mahirap kausap", "pabago bago ng presyo", "tatagain kayo", and then he started to tell us that he knows a couple of properties that we might be interested and even told us the prices, albeit covered with sweat and dust, we let him in our car and asked him to bring us to the spots, turns out the properties he showed us are obviously overpriced, horribly located (not beside a working road), one of them was even a small resort place with a pool which is obviously not a house. so we wasted a day.

the next week, we found out that the property was already sold, to one of the neighbors, whom we asked about the property :angry:
    pero floods naman you can see for yourself din. pansinin mo ang mga driveways ng bahay nearby kung gaano sila kataas. another great way to check for flooding is to visit the place right after a major rain/ bagyo.

paano pag mabilis bumaba ang baha? perhaps I should go there during while there's a typhoon. :/
    but yes, I also do that. atleast mayroon akong simple checks to trim down choices.
    for faults.. look around the current house and check for cracks in the walls, and look at the neighbours kung may cracks din ang pader nila.

that I am already doing, so far pasado naman. unless king mabilis silang magmasilya, or bukid ang katabi ng lupa. or subdivision place siya na di pa developed kaya wala pang buildings. (bulacan e)
    "
    the next week, we found out that the property was already sold, to one of the neighbors, whom we asked about the property"

that just means the area is a great area. :)

but did you ever talked to the agent or owner about the lot?

yung 'construction nearby' how nearby was it?

you could of asked to see the construction area. find out what they are building. you can pretty much sumise if the building will be mid priced, low priced, high priced.

and from there you can guesstimate the types of people that live in the area. you could of asked to see how high their tambak is. from there alam mo kung bahain ba yung lugar.

another tip,

the local barangay knows who the vacant lot owner is.. ask them.. to point you to the right direction.

but if the week after nabili na, most likely matagal na silang naguusap about it. and you're too late in the game.
  • "
    the next week, we found out that the property was already sold, to one of the neighbors, whom we asked about the property"

that just means the area is a great area. :)

it was.
    but did you ever talked to the agent or owner about the lot?

only after the property was sold, siya mismo nagsabi na binenta na niya sa kapitbahay
    yung 'construction nearby' how nearby was it?

few meters away, across the block
    you could of asked to see the construction area. find out what they are building. you can pretty much sumise if the building will be mid priced, low priced, high priced.

priced at 5M more or less daw e, 300 sqm bldg on a 500 sqm lot, 2 floors
    and from there you can guesstimate the types of people that live in the area. you could of asked to see how high their tambak is. from there alam mo kung bahain ba yung lugar.

ano yung tambak? basura na natambak?
    another tip,

the local barangay knows who the vacant lot owner is.. ask them.. to point you to the right direction.

that's where we got the contact no. of a relative of the owner, tapos dun sa relative na namin nakuha yung number.
    but if the week after nabili na, most likely matagal na silang naguusap about it. and you're too late in the game.

I also thought so. baka nagdadalawang isip pa yung nakabili.
    "ano yung tambak? basura na natambak?
    "

tambak is yung...

uh how to explain..

if gusto mong pataasin yung lupa mo para hindi mabaha, kukuha ka ng panambak to increase up the floor level.

so look at how much higher the lot is relative to the street. kung mataas ba or what.. anything above 2 feet is considered high. and it could indicate that the street gets flooded up to that height.
    the only real way you will find out the composition of the soil and history of the lot is to hire a goedetic engineer.

he will make a soil test report based on 2-3 bore holes.

but you have to buy the property first to be able to have those boreholes.
    ^ boring/ soil test is part of the building permit requirement these days.
  • SmartDessa wrote: »
    Hi!

I'd like to know the things I should know when buying lot.

I have a couple of questions in mind right now:

1.) Is there a standard for determining the value of land, so that we can check if the seller of a lot is trying to con you. Is there like a statistics how fast the land value increased, like how much the value increased every year.

Yes, have it appraised by a Real Estate Appraiser/Appraisal Company ( Royal Asia, Asian, eValue, Intech, Sallmanns etc) to determine the "Fair Market Value"

Zonal Value pwede pero hindi ganun ka reliable, mostly some municipality zonal value is lower than the Fair Market Value, but some are higher

2.) How do you check if a lot is valid, has no problem, has a valid title, not mortgaged?

you can verify the TCT at the Registry of Deeds, makikita mo kung malinis ang papel o may annotation sa likod kung naka mortgage o may kaso

3.) How do you check if the lot is a good spot, not on an earthquake fault line, high land which has no flood, maybe crime rate check? not a cemetery previously.

fault line and low lying areas, you can request a Hazard Map showing philippine fault line available at NAMRIA or MGB ( mines and geoscience bureau)

pwede ka din mag interview sa mga resident sa history ng lupa kung binaha ba o dating cemetery

4.) After buying your lot, is it necessary to build walls around your lot? or you can just leave it, until you have decided to build house.

Mas maganda kung babakuran, pero pwede mo din isabay sa pagawa ng bahay

5.) Is it a good idea to plant trees where you want them, so that by the time you have decided to build your house, the trees should have grown already.

yes,

6.) what else must I know?

hire a geodetic engr to verify the property, baka may portion na kinain ng kalsada o kaya nag encroach yung neighboring property

I found a lot of 5k per sqm in bulacan, 200 sqm. it's 1M. I think it's too much, but if it's worth it, why not?

I also found 1.5k per sqm, 200 sqm also, 300K

any suggestions?