Home PEx Sports NBA

Are Pinoys natural bandwagoners?

PExMan_00PExMan_00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Just saw this post on an FB page about pinoy fans, and I actually think that there is some truth to it: :D

10357594_335795436577910_5920957158568892771_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=335795436577910&set=o.414293545374838&type=1&theater

Comments

  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    there are 5 types of filipino fans.
    1. the winning team fan;
    2. the underdog fan;
    3. the fan loyal to a player;
    4. the fan loyal to a team; and
    5. the gambler (yun mahilig makipagpustahan kung saan pwede).
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    wtf's marcos doing there?

    isama mo na rin ang sanmig coffee bandwagoners, not a knock on true sanmig fans pero dumami yung skwater fans nila nung nagsimula ang asaran sa internet.

    one day miami and sanmig will go down and we'll gonna see how those fantards handle that situation.
  • 100% true.. Mostly kase ng pinoy ugaling squatter.. mahilig makipag yabangan and syempre dun sila susuporta sa nananalo para may ipagyabang sila..
  • GustavusGustavus PEx Rookie ⭐
    These "hardcore" fans should learn the difference between ROOTING and BANDWAGONING(?).
    It is common for us to ROOT with different teams each year due to the fact that NBA regular games are not televised here most of the time.

    GAWD, get off your high horse FFS. :rolleyes:
    You're no american lulz :glee:
  • SirZapSirZap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    given there is bandwagoning, mahirap mag-establish ng loyalties dito sa pinas para sa NBA
    I mean NBA's loyalties are tied up to the states or cities on which the team is located.
    ikaw ba bilang pinoy kampi ka ba sa LA Lakers dahil maraming pinoy sa LA? or sa Heat dahil half-pinoy sand coach nila?
  • SamtheManSamtheMan PEx Rookie ⭐
    :lol: Interesting chart. Siguro tol factor na din yung lagi sila televised kaya dumadagdag sa bandwagon. Pero kunwari, ipalabas mo siguro Sacramento for 10 years kahit walang contention, tingnan natin kung magiging fans rin ang Pinoy..
  • Naalala ko, nalagas yung fans ng Cleveland nung umalis si Lebron.
  • Gustavus wrote: »
    These "hardcore" fans should learn the difference between ROOTING and BANDWAGONING(?).
    It is common for us to ROOT with different teams each year due to the fact that NBA regular games are not televised here most of the time.

    GAWD, get off your high horse FFS. :rolleyes:
    You're no american lulz :glee:

    this! *okay*

    bandwagon/bandwagoning is overrated, overused, cliched, corny! :lol:
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gustavus wrote: »
    These "hardcore" fans should learn the difference between ROOTING and BANDWAGONING(?).
    It is common for us to ROOT with different teams each year due to the fact that NBA regular games are not televised here most of the time.
    But that IS the definition of a bandwagon fan, rooting for different teams every year, based on whoever is perceived to be strong.
    I have a friend who is a Lakers or Heat (soon to be Cavs) fan only during the Playoffs, depending on who makes it farther. THAT is a bandwagon fan. Yes, it is annoying.
    Not sure why you say games aren't televised here often, because the Philippines has the best NBA TV coverage outside of the US, and there are no blackouts on NBA League Pass here too.

    It's a quirk that Pinoys would rather root for players and would just follow which teams they joined, but that's just how it is.
  • zchendevlemhzchendevlemh PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Gustavus wrote: »
    These "hardcore" fans should learn the difference between ROOTING and BANDWAGONING(?).
    It is common for us to ROOT with different teams each year due to the fact that NBA regular games are not televised here most of the time.

    GAWD, get off your high horse FFS. :rolleyes:
    You're no american lulz :glee:

    So the reason to shift team is because of NBA games not being televised sa Pinas??
    ever heard of NBA tv. the internet??

    that's the lamest excuse I'ved ever heard!! I know hardcore fans from europe who wakes up after midnight just to watch NBA games live in the internet!!

    Here in SG, I don't subscribe to overprice NBA TV which only 1-2 live games a day and it's mostly non-celtics game..
    I just track the play-by-play in ESPN while at work... as streaming is blocked from work...
  • there are 5 types of filipino fans.
    1. the winning team fan;
    2. the underdog fan;
    3. the fan loyal to a player;
    4. the fan loyal to a team; and
    5. the gambler (yun mahilig makipagpustahan kung saan pwede).

    Dito ko karamihan ng mga pinoy ganyan, They always root for the player not the team in general.
  • Gustavus wrote: »
    These "hardcore" fans should learn the difference between ROOTING and BANDWAGONING(?).
    It is common for us to ROOT with different teams each year due to the fact that NBA regular games are not televised here most of the time.

    GAWD, get off your high horse FFS. :rolleyes:
    You're no american lulz :glee:

    This! :rotflmao:
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    elnopuente wrote: »
    Dito ko karamihan ng mga pinoy ganyan, They always root for the player not the team in general.

    And there's nothing wrong with it, IMO. For the simple reason that we don't live in any of the NBA cities.

    I-post ko na rin itong monologue ni Seinfeld dito. If you look at it this way, following a player if you don't live in an NBA city makes far more sense.

    Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify because the players are always changing. The team can move.

    You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it.

    I mean, you are standing and cheering and yelling for your clothes to beat the clothes from another city.

    Fans will be so in love with a player but if he goes to another team, they boo him. This is the same human being in a different shirt. They hate him now.

    Boo.
    Different shirt.
    Boo.
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    I like Paul Pierce, I rooted for him while he was in Boston, then in BKN and now I'm gonna support him in Washington. But I love Celtics.
Sign In or Register to comment.