Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

do u got offended when someone calls you int$!k?

i think it's safe to say that all of us here has been called this, does it hurt you? yay or nay?

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    why wouldnt you? it is politically incorrect. it is like calling indian bombay.
  • why wouldnt you? it is politically incorrect. it is like calling indian bombay.

yeah, but being Chinese is considered a good thing. So why should someone get offended? Why get offended when Chinese have the highest IQs on Earth, are the most powerful nation on Earth, and will soon rule the world. So whats so offensive about it?
  • Don't forget that the chinese are also the most hated tourist in the world, ousting the americans from their throne :glee:
  • PrikongkongPrikongkong PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    why wouldnt you? it is politically incorrect. it is like calling indian bombay.

It's a name of an Indian city, so why would it be offensive?
  • wireheadwirehead PEx Rookie ⭐
    Gustavus wrote: »
    Don't forget that the chinese are also the most hated tourist in the world, ousting the americans from their throne :glee:

yes to this. especially since they always come in huge droves.

and no, i've never been called inchick.
  • It might have been very offensive before when there was racial prejudice against the Chinese in the Philippines circa 1950's to the 70's to some extent. The word "******" was only offensive because to be called Chinese back then had an offensive connotation. This was during the time of mass immigration from China when most of the Chinese received little formal education.

Things have vastly changed in the past 50 years. I do think the word has lost most of its offensive connotation in recent times, given the economic success of the Chinese in the Philippines. As the Chinese relentlessly continued to accumulate more and more power and wealthy, old-world criticisms have started to lose ground. In fact more than 75% of those in the Forbes Top 10 are Filipino-Chinese, something that was probably unbelievable in the 50's or the 60's.
  • TDJakes wrote: »
    i think it's safe to say that all of us here has been called this, does it hurt you? yay or nay?

Anong "all of us"? lol Hindi lahat ng Pinoy mukhang chino, no. :rolleyes:
  • art727art727 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pero meron isang chinese woman na isang Hollywood actress na marami ng ginanapang flick sa amerika..at sa isang interview duon sa kanya sa television show...Sinabi niya na parang ayaw niyang mapapagkamalan siyang pilipina...sino ba yung pangit na mukang entsek na yun?:naughty:
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ok. ts is a chinese? wtf. news to me.
  • art727 wrote: »
    Pero meron isang chinese woman na isang Hollywood actress na marami ng ginanapang flick sa amerika..at sa isang interview duon sa kanya sa television show...Sinabi niya na parang ayaw niyang mapapagkamalan siyang pilipina...sino ba yung pangit na mukang entsek na yun?:naughty:

Lucy Liu of Charlie's Angels fame.

~The_truther
  • art727art727 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kapag meron kayong nakalimutang bagay na importante at makakatulong sa inyong kaalaman...huwag kayong mahihiyang magtanong...sa The_TRUTHER...thanks!!:naughty:
  • SirZapSirZap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    eh papaano naman ayaw nyang mapagkalamang si Pokwang :rotflmao:
  • Naguluhan ako sa question lol is he asking kung offensive ba sa mga chinese na tawagin silang ******?? Or offensive ba mapagkamalang chinese ang pinoy?
  • Chinese will definitely got offensive if called a Filipino, but Filipinos shoulnt be offended if mistaken as Chinese because Chinese are a good race.
  • Ohh i thought ur pertaining to the word int$ik and not the race. Im a chinese and its offensive for me to be called int$ik. Its politically incorrect kinda like calling the indians bombay.

Pero kung pagkamalan akong filipino eh im ok with it. I dont find it offensive. Ano nakakahiya sa pagiging pinoy? Im proud to be a chinese n im also proud that i was born here in the philippines. Kanya kanyang race meron namang maipagmamalaki.
  • TDJakes wrote: »
    Chinese will definitely got offensive if called a Filipino, but Filipinos shoulnt be offended if mistaken as Chinese because Chinese are a good race.

:rotflmao: i had to laugh there for a little bit.
  • Most Filipino-Chinese here don't have any issues when they're called Filipinos abroad. Actually most introduce themselves as Filipinos at the outset. Hindi naman kasi talaga ikinakahiya ng mga Filipino-Chinese ang pagiging Filipino. To some extent it stems from gratefulness to their adoptive country na rin. The Philippines certainly has given them a better life than China.

Which really makes me wonder why some Filipinos get more offended when they're called Filipinos abroad.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    zakzak wrote: »
    Naguluhan ako sa question lol is he asking kung offensive ba sa mga chinese na tawagin silang ******?? Or offensive ba mapagkamalang chinese ang pinoy?

PEX considers it offensive. that is why the word, ****** is censored in this open public forum.

zakzak wrote: »
    Ohh i thought ur pertaining to the word int$ik and not the race. Im a chinese and its offensive for me to be called int$ik. Its politically incorrect kinda like calling the indians bombay.

Pero kung pagkamalan akong filipino eh im ok with it. I dont find it offensive. Ano nakakahiya sa pagiging pinoy? Im proud to be a chinese n im also proud that i was born here in the philippines. Kanya kanyang race meron namang maipagmamalaki.

di ko altnik ito.

Most Filipino-Chinese here don't have any issues when they're called Filipinos abroad. Actually most introduce themselves as Filipinos at the outset. Hindi naman kasi talaga ikinakahiya ng mga Filipino-Chinese ang pagiging Filipino. To some extent it stems from gratefulness to their adoptive country na rin. The Philippines certainly has given them a better life than China.

Which really makes me wonder why some Filipinos get more offended when they're called Filipinos abroad.

then what do Filipinos prefer to be called when travelling aboad, PNOy?

koreksyon ..... i beg to differ.

i know some dark skinned SOBs, ***** and half-half with Filipino/Spanish surnames who shout out loud they are Chinese here in the Philippines. while other tsinoys will judge others by saying, "... hindi naman siyang mukhang Chinese." but that person is more Chinese than them.

for the good part, some prefer to be called tsinoys in the Philippines. but again, it is another way of saying they are Chinese ..... Chinese Filipinos.
  • I know its offensive hence the word isnt even allowed in pex lol!

And what dashing said is true. A lot of us, chinese are grateful to be be born here. Im ok with being called tsino or tsinoy or being mistaken as a filipino. Yung abroad thing well im not familiar with what fil are mistaken for.

And regarding half half fil who claims they r chinese but u know they arent, well honestly i feel uneasy. This is just me, i dont know how the other chinese ppl feel about it. But like in biz meeting or a new friend would sometimes introduce themselves to me as half chinese or 1/4 or his/ her granny or grandpa is half chinese lol or his mother's brother's wife etc lol i know its just to imply that hey! I'm one of ur ppl! But a lot them are pure fil. Why are they not proud of being one? Kami kahit na chinese o naghihirap eh proud pa rin kaming chinese! Mas may respeto pa ko sa fil na proud silang pinoy sila kesa nagpapanggap.

Yung mga chinese naman na racist eh im sure all races have a bunch of their ppl who are racist too. Iba iba naman ang ugali ng tao. Plus its hard to know alin ba talaga ang chinese kasi koreans, jap eh same ang skin color n eyes. I dont even look chinese n ppl mistake me for a tisay na pinay. Im cool with it, i just tell them im chinese. :)
  • It might have been very offensive before when there was racial prejudice against the Chinese in the Philippines circa 1950's to the 70's to some extent. The word "******" was only offensive because to be called Chinese back then had an offensive connotation. This was during the time of mass immigration from China when most of the Chinese received little formal education.

Things have vastly changed in the past 50 years. I do think the word has lost most of its offensive connotation in recent times, given the economic success of the Chinese in the Philippines. As the Chinese relentlessly continued to accumulate more and more power and wealthy, old-world criticisms have started to lose ground. In fact more than 75% of those in the Forbes Top 10 are Filipino-Chinese, something that was probably unbelievable in the 50's or the 60's.
    The sad truth. They had nothing back then, now most big businesses in the Philippines are owned by Chinese.
    What happened to the Filipinos? Still struggling!!! What a shame.