Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Abenson Trinoma Customer Complaint

We bought an Electrolux ETB2100PE at Avant trinoma Abenson branch,
last Thursday June 19, 2014. Though they don't have the unit available
in their stock but they do have units stock in their warehouse at pasig.
So we didn't have the opportunity to check the unit and through good
faith and assurance from the salesman of abenson that a brand new unit
will be delivered on Saturday June 21, 2014 afternoon. They delivered
the unit to our home, we checked the unit for scratches and unusual
things that can be seen visually since we were advised not to turn the
ref. on only after 8hrs, we thought that all is ok, so we signed the
received copy and let the delivery guys on their way. But unfortunately
after they had left my wife was cleaning the inner walls of the fridge
behind vegetable crisper bin, she felt a big unusual bump on it, she
called me to inspect the problem. Using a flashlight, I saw what is like
something hot melted the plastic wall behind the vegetable bin then it
hardened leaving an inflated impression and small lumps and bumps. I
immediately called the abenson hotline to inform about the problem. They
said that Sorry we cant address the problem at the moment due to the
cut-off time (5p.m.) and will gona fix it tomorrow and the unit will
replaced on Monday June 23, 2014. Well this is a problem because in good
faith we were expecting a brand new no hassle refrigerator delivered
because the unit wasn't available to be inspected before delivery, well
according to our laws that the seller must ensure that the product has
no hidden defect or damage.Because of this I'm not happy about this
unfortunate experiences and I'm not looking forward to buy there again
in the near future.

photo.php?fbid=335573713260197&set=a.335573933260175.1073741825.100004227123603&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=335573713260197&set=a.335573933260175.1073741825.100004227123603&type=1&theater

Comments

• hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Whats the problem
    As long as their going to take care of it
    Just wait and see
    Next time go sm depot
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sus me, di ka makahintay ng isa pang araw? sinabi na ngang sa lunes aasikasuhin eh... hindi naman life/death matter ang sitwasyon.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it's actually best to go to western marketing's warehouse.

nasa may delmonte ave... very near fisher mall.

yun lang nga, for bigger items, sana may trak ka. lol.
  • Yun naman pala eh. papalitan naman bukas. magantay ka.
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pang fb status lang itech. :glee:
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mag luto ka na diyan sayang lang mnga nasa reff lutoin na:lol:
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Magwala ka TS pag sa Monday ay walang nangyari sa issue mo. First time buyer ka ba?
    Double post
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    beckslaz wrote: »

it looks like a manufacturing defect. malas mo lang at may warp yung unit na nakuha mo.

hindi kasalanan ng Western yan or sa pag transport ng goods. kaya tigilan mo yang "damaged goods" mo.
    Anyare na kaya sa issue ni TS sa complaint niya...
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ palagay ko solb na kasi tumahimik na... ganyan naman karamihan sa mga bungangera eh-- dakdak muna bago mag-isip.
  • Abenson really has terrible customer service. Bought a defective appliance at Abenson but was never assisted properly. No replacement, nothing. Once naibigay mo na pera mo, lumalabas na tunay na kulay ng mga yan. Wala nang pakialam sa customer. Bad omen sa business. Kakarmahin din yang Abenson na yan. Soon it will close down due to flooding customer complaints and bad service.
  • No replacement, nothing.

One thing I've learnt about buying appliances is that we should not expect it to be working flawlessly the first time. Expect to call customer service to have the item replaced. I've bought an appliance a couple of years ago and it took 3 replacements before I got a good unit. Last year, I bought another appliance and it took 2 replacements before I got a good unit. Just recently I bought an item and I returned it because I saw rust.

It's really a good idea to test the appliance yourself and be attentive to any damages, malfunctions, and weird sounds.

For handling uncooperative or really retarded customer service personnel that can't make decisions, it's best to talk to their supervisor. If the supervisor is just as retarded, talk to their manager. That usually solves everything. If that doesn't resolve anything, it's time that you tell them to talk to your lawyer. Usually, they'll be in a panic mode and like magic, everyone seems to be cooperative and you'll have your item delivered, problem free.

Anyway, they are merely dealers and they will simply return the item to the manufacturer or distributor. I don't think they handle quality checking as the item is delivered to them still sealed in a carton. It's the sole responsibility of the manufacturer to quality check their items before packaging.

I think what these idiots are doing is to deliver the defective units first which has been previously returned, have it refurbished and repackaged and hope that no customer complains.

I've experienced this thrice already and I don't think I'm just lucky. :glee:

Basterds.

The best customer service I've experienced is SM Appliance. Always at your service, YES. :glee:
  • Bumili kami nga aircon 2 days ago. Ayaw ikabit gusto nla palagay ng pinto un sala nmin kc hanggang 15sq.m lng daw coverage ng 1.5 hp. At bago nila ikabit klangan daw aprubahan muna ng surveyor nla. Ganito na ba talaga ang patakaran ng abenson? So kung lahat magccomply sa rekotitos nila wala na pla makikinabang ng warranty. Laki tuloy ng gagastusin namin sa pagpapakarpintero.  :s
  • mcgirl04mcgirl04 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Bumili kami nga aircon 2 days ago. Ayaw ikabit gusto nla palagay ng pinto un sala nmin kc hanggang 15sq.m lng daw coverage ng 1.5 hp. At bago nila ikabit klangan daw aprubahan muna ng surveyor nla. Ganito na ba talaga ang patakaran ng abenson? So kung lahat magccomply sa rekotitos nila wala na pla makikinabang ng warranty. Laki tuloy ng gagastusin namin sa pagpapakarpintero.  :s
    Did you try looking somewhere else? Maybe other stores don’t have the same policy.
  • art727art727 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kapag bibili ng kahit na anong appliances o kahit anupa? una ninyong titignan kung kakasya ba sa inyong paglalagyan? Papasok ba sa pintuan kapag idiniliber? yung taas? at luwang?,may gasgas ba? !".Kuhanan ng pityur ang mga nirereklamong sira na nanduon pa ang nag-deliver.Mas magaling ay huwag tanggapin ang kanilang dinala at isoli agad-agad.
  • Nietono_no_ShanaNietono_no_Shana PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @grace_wright

Is the A/C unit an inverter type? If yes then this is due to the reason that if the room is bigger than the A/C capacity, it will negate the benefits of having an inverter type A/C. And they will usually void the motor warranty.