Home PEx Sports NBA

Opinion: Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard could be the explosive tandem for the Lakers

calvinzerocalvinzero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Kobe era is now on the horizon.. They need a player that will regain its franchise dominance during 70's and 80's..

On top of my mind, Kawhi Leonard and Kevin Durant are a good choice.. Kawhi reminds me of Robert Horry but he is an athletic type of player.. While Durant reminds me of Wilt Chamberlain.. If you are talking about domination, Durant and Wilt will fit on that type of distinction..

Those two could be more explosive than Kobe and Shaq duo..

For those who did not know, by 2017 (post-Kobe era) Durant is a free agent and the Lakers are the top suitors-according to the rumors..

If KD wants championship, he should wear purple and gold jersey like Kareem and Wilt done..

Comments

• TLGTLG PExer
    They play the same position and kobe will not share the ball with neither of them .
  • TLG wrote: »
    They play the same position and kobe will not share the ball with neither of them .

i think this is post-Kobe era...

"If KD wants championship, he should wear purple and gold jersey like Kareem and Wilt done.."
    If KD wants a championship, why he needs to join the Lakers? while the Thunder can always build a stronger support cast for him and Russ... or he can join the Spurs where Leonard is already there and with a battle tested Spurs' bench.
  • talunan08talunan08 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Fan of Durant but I stopped taking this seriously when KD was compared to Wilt's dominance.

Should have checked who the poster was.
  • ValorianValorian PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pop said Sugar K is the future of the Spurs, or to that effect..and KD sa Lakers? katol pa!

balikan mo na lang ako sa 2017 :)
  • 2016 magiging free agent si KD not 2017.

:dj:
  • Lebron and KD sa 2016! Parang Pres/VP tandem lang ah. :glee:
  • white rabbitwhite rabbit PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Durant reminds me of Wilt Chamberlain
    :rotflmao:

2znsmck.jpg
  • calvinzerocalvinzero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    OA naman.. That is my personal stand.. KD deserved a shot to the title but not on OKC..

And please fire Scott Brooks.. Maybe he is much worst than Mike D'Antoni..

Ayokong dumating sa point na gumawa pa ako ng thread about Brooks..
  • HenryjKAPAMILYAHenryjKAPAMILYA Volleyball Vanguard
    calvinzero wrote: »
    Kobe era is now on the horizon.. They need a player that will regain its franchise dominance during 70's and 80's..

On top of my mind, Kawhi Leonard and Kevin Durant are a good choice.. Kawhi reminds me of Robert Horry but he is an athletic type of player.. While Durant reminds me of Wilt Chamberlain.. If you are talking about domination, Durant and Wilt will fit on that type of distinction..

Those two could be more explosive than Kobe and Shaq duo..

For those who did not know, by 2017 (post-Kobe era) Durant is a free agent and the Lakers are the top suitors-according to the rumors..

If KD wants championship, he should wear purple and gold jersey like Kareem and Wilt done..

First of all, NO!
    Second of all, KD would look a lot more pathetic than Bronbron when he decided to be an *** when he transferred to Miami and a world more foolish for doing the same thing but to a practically impertinent team of the league. Seriously?
    And third of all, he is in a way better team than where Bronbron was before he did the transfer so there's no reason to panic.

As to the people saying all KD needs is a stronger support cast, you are missing the point. If y'all are really watching OKC games, you know he doesn't need a strong support because he doesn't use one at all if you know what I mean. What KD and Westbrook for that matter need to learn is that while talent catapults you to the playoffs, teamwork wins you the GOLD and they should play in and for a TEAM, not for individual greatness! You win the Championship, greatness will eventually follow!
    why wait for durant and kawhi in 2017 when you can have lebron, melo and kevin love in 2015. and KD will join them in 2016.
  • calvinzerocalvinzero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Lebron will return to Cleveland- that is a best scenario after Miami stint..

If KD has a ballhog teammate PG like Westbrook, he will not get a championship..

I am just comparing the situation of Wilt and Kareem..

Kareem was traded- (Correct me if I'm wrong) and Wilt was signed as free agent during those times..
    why wait for durant and kawhi in 2017 when you can have lebron, melo and kevin love in 2015. and KD will join them in 2016.

Irrational, improbable, wild, random and bizarre hopes for the team that is LA Lakers for a novel-thick list of reasons...
    Let's keep the hopes and thoughts somewhere around the mother earth!
    what's with the violent reaction? everybody knows it's next to impossible. :lol:
    what's with the violent reaction?
    hahahah", (not really violent) :lol:

just let me have my way by taking it on anyone who comes across my way. Just having a horrible day!

• ahahahahaha!!!

LOL.. laker fan ako pero seriously imposibleng mangyare to... kawhi will stay on spurs, sya magpapatuloy ng legacy ng big 3.. and KD? maybe 5% chance..
    hahahah", (not really violent) :lol:

just let me have my way by taking it on anyone who comes across my way. Just having a horrible day!

:lol: *peace*
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You know what's ridiculous? Making a flippin thread with a Laker related opinion when you can post in the friggin Lakers thread. Stop making threads everytime you want to make a point.

PS: Lebron coming back to that train wreck Cavs team isnt smart. He will stay with Pat Riley.
  • go to the lakers to team up with kobe? lol, nobody wants to play with that guy. not at this point when the dude is still selfish enough to relinquish his top dog status.

why leave your team and take your talent somewhere else to win championship *ehem lol* when you are one of the best players in the world? you should be able to attract quality/good players to help you.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^

Slight jab at Bron eh? :lol:

Have to disagree, being one of the best players in the L doesnt exactly mean you should be able to attract talent. Especially when you play for a small market team like OKC and you have incapable management like Cleveland or Minny. Look at where all the other big name stars like CP3, Melo, Harden and Dwight up lately: LA, New York, Houston. Kevin Love might end up either in Boston or LA. Those are all big market cities.
  • dfgvandfgvan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    don't think this will happen...

kawhi will stay with the spurs... anthony davis will go to either the lakers, knicks or spurs...
    kd will stay with okc... he'll never leave, they will better their team around him and wb...