Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Learn what my story is then please suggest what can I do with 1 Million pesos

Hi Guys,
I'm Krish just 20. I won't go straight to the point yet cause I want to share my story.
We were once one of the biggest sports gear manufacturer in the Philippines before it all said good bye to us. If you are familiar with the our brand MANLY. We were next to LP and we had PBA players wearing our products before my dad let go of the company because of some family issues.
So what we did was built our own brand in Procare which started in 2006, we were able to compete in the market and to the point that Manly was going down cause my dad was the brain of it.. So we became a supplier of SM, Air21, Bench, and No Fear. Believe it or not Procare started going down after we got affected by Ondoy. We started borrowing money to try and survive it in 2013 my dad Decided to sell the company to offset our 16 Million debt..
2013 was a tough time.. we were left with nothing.. LITERALLY.

There a lot to tell in this story but I leave it this way.


This year one of our clients who once owed us that we filed a case on decided to pay 1 million and call it quits..


My Question is what do I do with 1M? What do I suggest my dad to with this money.. I'm an entrepreneur on my own, I did network marketing, I have a Production and mobile bar. But all is not doing well except for my Production. And I'm currently employed in a Call center and a provider too but my dad is asking a suggestion.

We are kinda torn between buying an SUV franchise and a Taxi unit.
Or Franchising a Generic Pharmacy.

Any suggestion that we can do?
«1

Comments

  • betterthanbeforebetterthanbefore PEx Rookie ⭐
    Try Commercial or Apartment Business...
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kr1sh13 wrote: »
    We are kinda torn between buying an SUV franchise and a Taxi unit.
    Or Franchising a Generic Pharmacy.
    My opinion only.

    Vehicles are fast depreciating assets, especially those used for commercial transpo. Laspag na laspag na yan in 5 years. And then there's the franchising fee. LTO/Insurance costs, regular preventive maintenance costs. Mahirap pa kung walang-awa yung driver sa sasakyan, hinaharabas kahit lubak.

    Generic Pharmacy.... well, by the name itself, "Generic", meaning cheap, mura. I'm not sure how much profit you will get from selling cheap generic medicines....

    My opinion only..... instead of running my own business, i would probably invest the money on "someone else's" business. Most especially businesses run by successful companies with high potential for growth.

    The Philippines is currently on a roll in terms of financial growth. With 1 million pesos, i will probably buy a handful of growth stocks. For example, i purchased Jollibee stock just a few years back at around P85 per share. Jollibee is now P180 per share!

    I purchased Megaworld stock at 60 centavos per share back during the credit crisis in 2008. Megaworld is now P4.81 per share! That's almost 700% profit. Compare that to my savings deposit that is earning 3% per annum ?!

    My opinion only.
  • sa bonds mo na lang ilagay, 6% normally guaranteed pa, above inflation so ok pa. ano yung production business mo? bakit di na lang yun palaguin niyo since kumikita and at least alam mo patakbuhin.
  • betterthanbeforebetterthanbefore PEx Rookie ⭐
    Agapito wrote: »
    My opinion only.

    Vehicles are fast depreciating assets, especially those used for commercial transpo. Laspag na laspag na yan in 5 years. And then there's the franchising fee. LTO/Insurance costs, regular preventive maintenance costs. Mahirap pa kung walang-awa yung driver sa sasakyan, hinaharabas kahit lubak.

    Generic Pharmacy.... well, by the name itself, "Generic", meaning cheap, mura. I'm not sure how much profit you will get from selling cheap generic medicines....

    My opinion only..... instead of running my own business, i would probably invest the money on "someone else's" business. Most especially businesses run by successful companies with high potential for growth.

    The Philippines is currently on a roll in terms of financial growth. With 1 million pesos, i will probably buy a handful of growth stocks. For example, i purchased Jollibee stock just a few years back at around P85 per share. Jollibee is now P180 per share!

    I purchased Megaworld stock at 60 centavos per share back during the credit crisis in 2008. Megaworld is now P4.81 per share! That's almost 700% profit. Compare that to my savings deposit that is earning 3% per annum ?!

    My opinion only.

    Stock market is good for capital gains...
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can also get dividends from the stock market.
  • peternato10peternato10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Avoid Stock Market if you don't have enough knowledge of, you will definitely lose money! Don't listen to Stock brokers who keeps on promoting stock market as an option to having a business, they want more people to get interested in stocks to increase the value of their stocks.

    Only invest in stocks if you know what you are getting into
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Avoid Stock Market if you don't have enough knowledge of, you will definitely lose money!
    You don't even need to be a college graduate to understand the stock market. The concepts are very easy to figure out.

    You don't need stock brokers to learn about the stock market. There are plenty of information available for free on the internet. You can learn on your own.


    Only invest in stocks if you know what you are getting into
    Only go into business, if you know what business you are getting into.

    Only get into marriage, if you know how to manage a family.

    Only drive a car, if you know how to drive a car.

    Avoid having sex, if you don't have enough knowledge of birth control. You will definitely make a girl pregnant.

    Ano pa bang magandang examples dyan. :D
  • peternato10peternato10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^ TS ingat ka taong eto, ganyan na ganyan ang mga tono ng mga manloloko..
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nakakaawa mga nabibiktima ng dugo-dugo gang dito sa Pilipinas. Nagkaka-phobia na. :D
  • betterthanbeforebetterthanbefore PEx Rookie ⭐
    that's the point...if you don't know anything from the stock market yun dapat ang unang step mo is to know how these things works...knowledge is also an investment so take your time to know these things...
  • syddsydd PExer
    It seems that ur dad is an experienced entrepreneur involving sportswear.. Why stop doing what he know... If u can find what went wrong from the lost business... Start again with the same thing... U said he was the brain of the previous one... He already has connections and network involving sportswears... Perhaps u can start over again and create a new name... Why change the nature of business?
  • syddsydd PExer
    You may need to start in a smaller scale...
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    that's the point...if you don't know anything from the stock market yun dapat ang unang step mo is to know how these things works...knowledge is also an investment so take your time to know these things...
    Yes.

    I just don't know why people give advice for you to "study first" before you enter something. That is supposed to be understood already.

    Why would anyone enter into something, without understanding it first ?!?!
  • iceejay22iceejay22 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Agapito wrote: »
    Yes.

    I just don't know why people give advice for you to "study first" before you enter something. That is supposed to be understood already.

    Why would anyone enter into something, without understanding it first ?!?!

    It was just a reminder lang naman from him. Madami kasing iba na pumapasok sa isang sitwasyon ng dala lang ng sulsol ng ibang tao or dahil pabigla bigla lang. Hindi pa din kasi ganon ka common ang common sense minsan sa iba kaya mas mabuting i-remind :)
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    In fact, i am amused that many Filipinos avoid the stock market like the plague for fear of losing money. Yet these same people are more willing to join pyramid scams, and other multi-level marketing rakets.

    Just the other day, someone tried to sales talk me into buying this so-called All-Natural Multivitamin capsules that supposedly cures cancer, headache, arthritis, bronchitis, dermatitis, hepatitis, UTI, cataract..... all you need is take one capsule a day.... and don't forget to recruit other members to ensure downline commissions.... this is the nth time i've encountered this. I've never heard anyone giving warnings about it.
  • Agapito wrote: »
    In fact, i am amused that many Filipinos avoid the stock market like the plague for fear of losing money. Yet these same people are more willing to join pyramid scams, and other multi-level marketing rakets.

    Just the other day, someone tried to sales talk me into buying this so-called All-Natural Multivitamin capsules that supposedly cures cancer, headache, arthritis, bronchitis, dermatitis, hepatitis, UTI, cataract..... all you need is take one capsule a day.... and don't forget to recruit other members to ensure downline commissions.... this is the nth time i've encountered this. I've never heard anyone giving warnings about it.

    yup! typical pinoy ayaw maginvest sa stocks/MF kasi ang tagal pang longterm, pero pag pinangakuan ng mga pyramid scam or mlm ng 50% kita in 2 months game agad. typical pinoy walang patience kapag kita ang pinaguusapan gusto agad agad hahays
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yup! typical pinoy ayaw maginvest sa stocks/MF kasi ang tagal pang longterm, pero pag pinangakuan ng mga pyramid scam or mlm ng 50% kita in 2 months game agad. typical pinoy walang patience kapag kita ang pinaguusapan gusto agad agad hahays
    Napansin ko lang, karamihan sa mga Pinoy na may phobia sa stocks, yung mga nalugi dahil tumataya lang parang casino or lotto. Kalimitan tanong, "anong stock maganda bilhin??"... "Ano, benta ko na ba?".... "sabi nung nabasa ko sa internet tataas daw itong stock na ito, pero bumaba naman. Ipit tuloy ang pera ko!".......

    Kalimitan ng mga ilag sa stocks, naglalaro lang ng numbers game. Tumataya lang sa mga stock symbols parang sa perya. Pag nasunog ang pera, sasabihin niloko sila. :D

    Kung hindi ka marunong mag-aral bago pumasok sa isang bagay, mabuti pa ilagay mo na lang ang pera mo sa Time Deposit sa Banco De Oro para wala ka nang problema. :D
  • Agapito wrote: »
    You don't even need to be a college graduate to understand the stock market. The concepts are very easy to figure out.

    You don't need stock brokers to learn about the stock market. There are plenty of information available for free on the internet. You can learn on your own.




    Only go into business, if you know what business you are getting into.

    Only get into marriage, if you know how to manage a family.

    Only drive a car, if you know how to drive a car.

    Avoid having sex, if you don't have enough knowledge of birth control. You will definitely make a girl pregnant.

    Ano pa bang magandang examples dyan. :D

    Dude, I'am into stocks for more than 1 year. Your statement (in bold) is somewhat misleading. I know this because I have been trying to learn everything and come to understand that there is more to stock's than buying and selling shares.

    But I do agree with you that stocks, armed with enough knowledge, capital and due diligence will enable the investor to gain financial freedom. Be warned, lot of work and time is necessary for you the obtain the three traits I mentioned above. How can I say it?
  • AgapitoAgapito PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Fatski wrote: »
    Dude, I'am into stocks for more than 1 year. Your statement (in bold) is somewhat misleading. I know this because I have been trying to learn everything and come to understand that there is more to stock's than buying and selling shares.
    Ok sorry. That's a fair assessment. Different people may have different degrees of grasp on the stock market.

    But on the average, the required complexities in understanding stock investing will be less, if you have a long-term horizon trusting your money on solid companies with growth stories.

    I've been in the stock market for 20 years already, and i've met people who only have this basic Forrest Gump knowledge on stocks. You know the story, they bought a fruit company stock called Apple, and they became gazillionaires a few years later without even understanding what the stock market is?? It can happen to you as a long-term investor with little knowledge on how the stock market works.

    But if you want to earn that same money in stocks in just say 2 weeks, then i agree with you that you need some serious battle planning and knowledge to pull it off.

    Fatski wrote: »
    But I do agree with you that stocks, armed with enough knowledge, capital and due diligence will enable the investor to gain financial freedom. Be warned, lot of work and time is necessary for you the obtain the three traits I mentioned above. How can I say it?
    That's true.

    You know why many people here think that stock market investing is a scam ??? Because these are the types of people who depend on tips and spoon-feeding advices to survive in stocks. If you are into gambling, you can go that route.

    But if you are a serious investor, the amount of knowledge you need to study stocks, is the same as if you want to put up your own business and want to succeed. The only difference is, when you put your money in stocks, you are trying to share the success of an already established corporation as a part-owner, without you running the day-to-day operations. You just relax and do the other things in your life.

    If your water-refill station or restaurant business is not doing well and about to collapse, it would be very painful to you to dispose and close it down. Unlike if you are a shareholder in stocks, you just sell the shares then transfer your capital to some other company again.
  • peternato10peternato10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Agapito wrote: »
    But if you are a serious investor, the amount of knowledge you need to study stocks, is the same as if you want to put up your own business and want to succeed. The only difference is, when you put your money in stocks, you are trying to share the success of an already established corporation as a part-owner, without you running the day-to-day operations. You just relax and do the other things in your life.

    If your water-refill station or restaurant business is not doing well and about to collapse, it would be very painful to you to dispose and close it down. Unlike if you are a shareholder in stocks, you just sell the shares then transfer your capital to some other company again.

    That is what I've said:
    Avoid Stock Market if you don't have enough knowledge of, you will definitely lose money! Don't listen to Stock brokers who keeps on promoting stock market as an option to having a business, they want more people to get interested in stocks to increase the value of their stocks.

    Only invest in stocks if you know what you are getting into

    and you said

    "You don't even need to be a college graduate to understand the stock market. The concepts are very easy to figure out.

    You don't need stock brokers to learn about the stock market. There are plenty of information available for free on the internet. You can learn on your own. "

    anu ba talaga koya? :glee:
Sign In or Register to comment.