Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

CBS' "Stalker"

Stalker-1-779x400.jpg

Plot:
STALKER stars Maggie Q and Golden Globe Award winner Dylan McDermott in a psychological thriller about detectives who investigate stalking incidents – including voyeurism, cyber harassment and romantic fixation – for the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. Det. Jack Larsen (McDermott) is a recent transfer to the Unit from New York City’s homicide division, whose confidence, strong personality and questionable behavior has landed him in trouble before – but whose past behavior may also prove valuable in his new job. His boss, Lt. Beth Davis (Maggie Q), is strong, focused and an expert in the field, driven by her traumatic personal experience as a victim. With the rest of their team, young but eager Det. Ben Caldwell (Victor Rasuk) and deceptively smart Det. Janice Lawrence (Mariana Klaveno), Larsen and Davis assess the threat level of cases and respond before the stalking and intimidation spirals out of control, all while trying to keep their personal obsessions at bay. Kevin Williamson (“Scream”) is the executive producer for Warner Bros. Television.

Trailer:

Comments

• randy ortonrandy orton PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Walang buzz sa PEx ang show! :lol:

Anyway, may nakanood na ba ng trailer featuring the song "Somebody Save Me"? Di ko mahanap ang title sa internet. Katunog kasi ng "Save Me" ng Smallville, medyo slow version lang.

Pag naabutan ko kasi sa TV ang trailer, laging late ako mag-open ng Shazam kaya di ko malaman kung ano ba talaga yung kanta.
  • nataliaesperonnataliaesperon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ baka kasi di pa showing kaya walang buzz
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    ETC will start airing this show on Oct. 2 3PM (via satellite) and 8PM (primetime)
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Strange that ETC would acquire something that's more of an odd-fit for their usually lighter-young female fare. Normally, ang nakukuhang shows ng ETC mula sa CBS ay mga sitcoms lang and one Joan of Arcadia.
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    j5bata wrote: »
    Strange that ETC would acquire something that's more of an odd-fit for their usually lighter-young female fare. Normally, ang nakukuhang shows ng ETC mula sa CBS ay mga sitcoms lang and one Joan of Arcadia.

It stars Maggie Q from Nikita
    QT II wrote: »
    It stars Maggie Q from Nikita

I know. But Stalker seems to be an odd fit in their programming. It may be relatively female-driven but ETC's not known for procedural dramas.
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yeah weird for ETC nga pero I think maca-carry over ang Nikita fans kasi. malaki-laking fandom din yon Haha

Sana mag-hit ito!!
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
  • Watched the pilot and thought it was okay. Didn't think it was as bad as most critics' reviews make it out to be. The stalking victims in the pilot were barely fleshed out though, despite being the targets/objects of the crimes. But perhaps it's a conscious/deliberate choice of the show to give most of the focus on the stalkers, of whom the show's named after anyway. Kinda invalidates or belittles the existence and significance of the victims though.

Anyway, critics say the show's too unnecessarily creepy, violent, and exploitative (especially of women), but isn't that basically what real-life stalking (or any other crime for that matter) is all about? Also, I personally think it was tamer pa nga than some other crime shows eh. And sabi nung iba, this show might give ideas to potential or actual stalkers. Yes, that's true but that goes for all the other crime shows din naman. Tsaka a stalker's gonna stalk whether we give them ideas or not naman eh haha.

At the very least, I think I might be tuning in to this show for Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott. :lol:
    I like the Pilot. Akala ko naman yung villain with the hoodie and mask would be for the whole season. One episode lang pala sya.

Sana humaba pa ang story nung college roomies. It was nice to see Daren Kagasoff again. Sana sya na maging next big thing from The Secret Life, after Shailene Woodley.
  • nataliaesperonnataliaesperon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    gusto ko din sana magtagal nakakafrustrate kasi minsan hahaaa
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nice yung pilot episode
    Hot ni Maggie!
    I like the Pilot. Akala ko naman yung villain with the hoodie and mask would be for the whole season. One episode lang pala sya.

Sana humaba pa ang story nung college roomies. It was nice to see Daren Kagasoff again. Sana sya na maging next big thing from The Secret Life, after Shailene Woodley.

Sayang nga. His pilot was deemed promising yet whatever network who ordered it didn't picked it up to series. I saw a trailer of it at mukhang maganda, pangCW ang quality, sci-fi with a pinch of high-school drama.
  • Nice to see Maggie Q again in a tv series. This show looks promising.
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just saw the pilot. Maggie Q's always a plus. I don't know about Dylan tho, never liked his acting. Anywhere. haha

--
    Plus, Erick Stocklin on a stalker role na naman. Why is it that may mga actors na itsurang creepy killer rapist talaga hahahaha
  • honey4evrhoney4evr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i liked the pilot and will definitely tune in to this. love maggie Q. as always. :love:
  • Promising show naman pero sana madagdagan yung thrill and scary factor (wag lang basta gulat), tulad ng sa MISERY, Sleeping with the Enemy
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Liked the pilot, looking forward to more episodes. :)
    Best cold opens on TV right now!

Ganda din ng mga cover songs at the end of each episode.
  • I liked episode 2 more than the pilot. Mas rich yung writing IMO, especially in terms of handling the victims. But perhaps it's because isang case lang ang focus nung episode.

And ang ganda nga nung mga songs that were featured.