FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo_zps13fec01e.png

Let's talk about Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Daredevil, Punisher and Ghost Rider rights are reverted to Marvel...

Do we have to include Fox's X-Men & Fantastic Four and Sony's Spider-man???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Rick_diasRick_dias Red Comet
    Marvel confirms Netflix series will be set in cinematic universe

daredevillukecageironfistjessicajones1-970x0_zps1a9f6292.jpg

While there’s a lot of excitement surrounding the four upcoming, original series Marvel Entertainment is partnering with Netflix to produce, the project has also raised some questions about the shows’ place in the greater Marvel cinematic universe. According to Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, fans have nothing to worry about, as the four series — and the tie-in series that brings them all together — will all exist within the same universe as The Avengers movie-verse and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television series.

“There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” explained Quesada on Kevin Smith’s “Fat Man on Batman” podcast. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again.”

The Netflix deal, which was announced back in November 2013, will include at least four, 13-episode series based on Marvel’s “street-level” superheroes Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. The four series will then lead into The Defenders miniseries that will bring all of the heroes together.

With the Daredevil series expected to premiere in 2015 under producer and showrunner Drew Goddard (The Cabin in the Woods), things are moving right along for the project, with casting announcements expected soon. All four of the solo series and the tie-in miniseries will be filmed in New York City — specifically, the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood, where most of the characters are based in Marvel’s comic-book universe — and the project is expected to cost an impressive $200 million.

“The scripts are coming in,” said Quesada of the current status of the project. “They are pretty fantastic. They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I’m very, very excited about it.”

Quesada also offered some explanation of how the Netflix series will differ from the Marvel movies and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. program.

“Although these are superhero stories, this is different now,” he said. “This is the street level…this is the street-level, noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies. And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street-level superheroes.”
  • Kobe_LaiKobe_Lai Back from the start
    ang galing ng Disney/Marvel Studios diyan sa Cinematic Universe na nacome up nila. nayanig tuloy yung ibang studios na gumawa ng sarili nilang shared universe sa mga franchise na hawak nila.

it would be good sana kung mababawi nila ang X-Men at Spiderman pero malabo eh. pero okay na rin yun. at least mabibigyan nila ng chance na mabigyan ng moment yung mga less popular Marvel titles :D
    if ever na makuha nila ulit and X-Men, Spider-man at Fantastic Four sana i-introduce nila sa movie as "Secret Wars"(Beyonder)....

So far... ang confirmed palang sa Phase 3 ay:

Ant-man
    Captain America 3
    Strong contender din ang Doctor Strange na maging part ng Phase 3.

That will be interesting
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi Carpe Diem ✭✭✭
    Rick_dias wrote: »
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii294/complicated_simplemind/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo_zps13fec01e.png

Let's talk about Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Daredevil, Punisher and Ghost Rider rights are reverted to Marvel...

Do we have to include Fox's X-Men & Fantastic Four and Sony's Spider-man???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes,I hope so. Longshot yes, but sana mangyari.

We need DD and Punsiher movies. I actually enjoyed the first Ghost Rider film, but there should be a reboot, one that's integrated into the MCU and doesn't have Nicolas Cage.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    I wonder kung magiging successful din ang Guardians of the Galaxy, hindi kasi familiar sa general public yung characters
    forg wrote: »
    I wonder kung magiging successful din ang Guardians of the Galaxy, hindi kasi familiar sa general public yung characters

yup... yan din ang nasa isip ko nung gawan nila yan nang film... kung papatok to sa mga tao lalo na sa mga pinoy...
  • MasterVaderMasterVader 신진해 ✭✭✭
    DnXShSd.png
    Any idea how long the contracts are for the Marvel characters for Fox and Sony? And if they expire, can Marvel just take those characters and bring them to the MCU fold? Puede ba yon?
  • MasterVaderMasterVader 신진해 ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, the rights will continue to extend as long as Sony and Fox keeps making movies from the characters they owned before they expire. And that's why we got a ton of X-Men and Spiderman movies now. And yep they can definitely bring those characters into the MCU once they owned it again, like what happened recently with Daredevil's rights, it has reverted back to the Marvel so now he has a confirmed television series that will take place in the MCU.
    So that’s why Sony is so insistent on expanding the Spidey universe. As long as the movies make enough money to justify another one, then there’s little hope for Spidey to be in the MCU. For that to happen, the rest of the Spidey movies and spinoffs have to flop. Or Sony and Marvel can come to an agreement.

I hope Marvel gets the rights to the X Men. I’ve never been a fan of the X Men films (esp the Last Stand).
    And Sony also makes money from ASM video games, toys and other merchandise, so malabong pakawalan talaga yan.
  • jamesfjamesf Member PExer
    wow! nice to know may ganito ng thread dito.
    hi guys! :wave:
    Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    So that’s why Sony is so insistent on expanding the Spidey universe. As long as the movies make enough money to justify another one, then there’s little hope for Spidey to be in the MCU. For that to happen, the rest of the Spidey movies and spinoffs have to flop. Or Sony and Marvel can come to an agreement.

I hope Marvel gets the rights to the X Men. I’ve never been a fan of the X Men films (esp the Last Stand).

sa palagay ko malapit ng ma-umay ang mga tao sa Spider-man... naka 5 movies na siya... tapos kina Spidey, MJ, Gwen lang umiikot ang story...
    Rick_dias wrote: »
    sa palagay ko malapit ng ma-umay ang mga tao sa Spider-man... naka 5 movies na siya... tapos kina Spidey, MJ, Gwen lang umiikot ang story...

There simply aren’t enough characters to go around sa Spider Man universe. While I liked ASM2, it was unnecessary. Actually yung reboot nga hindi kailangan. I think Sony did that just to keep their hold on the Spider Man franchise. Sayang kung nasa MCU si Spidey mas magiging malawak yung storyline.
    Zep_Tepi wrote: »
    There simply aren’t enough characters to go around sa Spider Man universe. While I liked ASM2, it was unnecessary. Actually yung reboot nga hindi kailangan. I think Sony did that just to keep their hold on the Spider Man franchise. Sayang kung nasa MCU si Spidey mas magiging malawak yung storyline.
    Kawawa naman si Spidey :lol:
    DnXShSd.png

at talagang nakahiwalay pa si Wolverine :rolleyes:

what? is he that special para hindi mapasama as "one of the X-Men" :bop:

pero cinematic universe speaking, pilit na pilit nga yang sa Spiderman. bukod pa sa Sinister Six eh gagawan pa ng movie si Venom. ano yun? ibibuild up ang character nila only to be defeated by Spiderman, in the end? :eek:

sa X-Men, pwedeng pwede pa mapalawig. ang daming pwedeng gamitin. too bad, they are too fixated sa character ni Wolverine :bop: at kay Mystique porke si Jennifer Lawrence ang gumaganap (i don't hate Jennifer, though)

---

on-topic: as a stand-alone, medyo tagilid ang Guardians of the Galaxy. pero since part siya ng MCU, mukhang papatok naman. that racoon guy is interesting. and the villainess (Nebula), as well. at syempre, curious kung paano ipapakita si Thanos dito na siyang makakalaban din ng Avengers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file