[PEx Club] PEx Outreach Club CHAT THREAD

CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
Minutes of Meeting

Date: November 29, 2001 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30PM
Venue: Seattle's Best, Greenbelt

Attendance:

huggies, simmie, Fairy nd Meadow, rains_delight, Caramba, Leigh, tina11, gwaps, kesibi, subtle, Hulk, solace, StUriel, Mokkori, cho chang, Yobaks, Ada, archangel, orcom_dude, travic mc gee, Revenant, leelayce, MO, Ira, Meiji (habol)

I. Name of Club

We asked for suggestions from everyone. We came up with a list of 10 names. Before the meeting ended, we asked everyone to choose the three best names. The three best names will be posted here on the board.

Pexers for Others
Pex Volunteer Corps
HOPE - Heart of PinoyExchange

To those who were not able to attend the meeting, please choose one from these three, then PM me your vote.

Other names we came up with: Concerned Pexers of the Philippines (CPP), Caring Pexers of the Philippines (CPP), Pex Outreach Club, Nurturing Pexers Association (NPA), Katulong ng Bayan ang mga Pexers (KBP), The PEx Angels, Pex Goodness Club, Helping Hand. Syempre yung iba dyan joke. :p

II. Criteria for Membership

I suggested that a Pexer will be considered a certified member after attending 2 activities (includring preparation and evaluation). Ada suggested that the 2 activities should be within a 6-month period.

However, we will still tap the community during activities. Other Pexers are welcome to join even if they're not 'certified members' yet.

For Pexers who are abroad, for now they can join us by sending money and/or materials. They can also help look for sponsors for our activities (since they have the moohlah). For the Pexers who are abroad (esp. Trig and wends), you have other ideas as to how you can help us out? Please let us know. rains_delight suggested that we open a bank account in a big bank that has branches in other countries.

III. Core Group, Responsibilities

We need 7 people in the core group for 5 committees. The committees are as follows:

Membership, Training and Development
-recruitment
-keeping and updating list of members (will figure out who should be a certified member, or which member to kick out if ever)
-prepares for the training of the members
-facilitates training of the members (training means having a seminar, a talk, that will prepare the members for a certain activity)
-facilitates the evaluation/monitoring of a program/activity

*We need two heads for this committee.

Secretariat
-minutes of all meetings
-organize meetings (venue, time, date, etc)
-contacts the members for meetings
-keeps all documents (list of members, evaluation papers, etc)

*We need one head for this committee.

Finance
-important committee because this club needs money
-he/she will be accountable for the money of the club
-will prepare reports for the PEx, Inc. company

Promotions and Marketing
-contact institutions, organizations and companies
-take care of tie-ups
-promote the club to other pexers and outside organizations
-oversee website development, promo materials such as flyers, etc

*We need either one/two heads for this committee.

Logistics
-will take care of logistical needs of the activities such as food, tables and chairs, transpo, sounds, etc.

The core group will be the most active members of the club, since they will be involved (one way or another) in all programs and activities. This doesn't mean they have to attend all the activities, but for sure they will be involved in the preparation. Here's our core group so far.

Leigh - Membership, Training and Development
tina11 - Secretariat
rains_delight - Finance
gwaps - Logistics (I think huggies is willing to be your assistant head.)

We still have an openings for Membership, Training and Development and Promotions and Marketing. I think orcom_dude will be the other head of Membership, but I have to confirm with him. Do you guys mind if I'll be the head of the club for now?

Hoy Ada dapat part ka ng core group!

Teka, MO, did you want to be part of the core group?

IV. Plans for the Year - Specific programs and activities

Purpose and Objective - We want to help out other people, especially those who are in need. But at the same time, we also want to help out fellow PExers. Through this club they can improve on their social development and on their awareness of the problems of others. Blah blah. :p

Some of the stuff that have been brought up: Manila Zoo activity, story telling activity, activites tied-up with the clubs (that's 6!), cancer warriors, tutorials, Valentine's Party.

I guess the core group can meet and really draw up the specific plans.

V. Program Heads, Membership

Guys please correct me if I'm wrong.

Promotions and Marketing Committee Members
travis mcgee
Meiji
kesibi
Mokkori

Membership, Training and Development
Fairy nd Meadow
cho chang
solace
Revenant
Hulk
leelayce

Logistics
subtle
Yobaks
archangel
StUriel

Finance
simmie

We will start everything with a Teambuilding Activity for all the members. There we can get to know each other more, and be more comfortable with each other. (Oist wag kayo green!)

I will post the next steps in a while.

Comments

• CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    *"When" is the deadline.

Who: Caramba
    What: Will turn over the list of members to tina11. All future members should send their contact details to tina11 (including pex nickname, real name, email address, celphone number).
    When: Dec.3 (mon)

Who: tina11
    What: Coordinate with Membership Committee Head (Leigh) for the list of members. They need the list also.

Who: tina11
    What: Will copy the minutes and include it in her file. Yipee! Our first official minutes!
    When: Asap.

Who: Those who didn't attend the meeting.
    What: Choose a club name from the ff - Pexers for Others, Pex Volunteer Corps, HOPE or Heart of PinoyExchange. Please do not post your votes in this thread. Just PM them to me.
    When: By Dec. 5 (wed), 5PM.

Who: Those who didn't attend the meeting.
    What: Volunteer to be a committee head, or join a committee. Please contact tina11 for this.
    When: Dec.6 (thurs) because we hope to submit the proposal by Dec.7.

Who: Core Group
    What: Meeting to finalize the plans. Talk about the specifics of the programs and activities, esp for the next 6 months. Decide on criteria for membership.
    When: Can we meet on Dec.5 (wed)? 6PM, PEx Office. Is this okay with you? If not, please suggest. tina11, hope you can fix this. :)

Who: Core Group, tina11
    What: Finalize proposal, submit to PEx, Inc. to make the club official.
    When: Dec.7 (fri) if we get to meet on Dec.5.

Who: Membership Heads, Committee
    What: Plan and set date for Teambuilding Activity
    When: Hopefully we can have the activity within December?
  • BostsipBostsip Mark 11:24 PExer
    hi..
    you know my vote already (for the name)
    and i am willing to help in the Membership Committee

:D
    orcom_dude is Leigh's co-head for the Membership Committee. :)

Our core group is made up of:
    Membership - Leigh, orcom_dude
    Secretariat - tina11
    Finance - rains_delight
    Logistics - gwaps and huggies

We still need heads for Promotions and Marketing.

Are you all available on the 5th? I know that orcom_dude's not available, but if everyone else is, we'll push through with the meeting.

For the club name, so far, we have 4 votes for "HOPE".

Trex, juls, name, got your PM's. Please also PM me the comittee that you want to join, and any activity that you want to suggest. Thanks!
  • namename .oOoOo. PExer
    CaRaMBa, I've PMed tina11 for my committee preference. Medyo mahaba eh. Heheheh ..

Pati rin ba sayo PM ko rin? :)
  • cHiCkcHiCk cErtiFieD gOddEss PExer
    hi Caramba..i sent you a PM na already, and very much willing to join the core group, if it's okei. Okei lang sa Dec. 5!
    CHARO:

so i guess member na ako ng Membership Com.

:D

Basta when i comes to training about anything eduaction/activities for kids...i'm here :teehee:
  • MOMO skimming thru PExer
    that leaves...
    no room for me (promo ang marketing na lang natira eh)
    wanted to be part of the membership, training and development.
    but i think orcom_dude is a better choice :D

floating na lang ulit ako as usual :teehee:
    I need help...

suggestions needed:

PEx Arts and Lit Night
  • RevenanTRevenanT almost sane PExer
    5th? hmm... that's a wednesday right? i have classes until 6 during wednesdays. but i guess i can still catch up. i'll be surely late though.

hello supreme commander Bostsip. :teehee:
    Revenant: Sige, try to drop by. If not, okay lang, basta the core group members are there.

:)
  • BeGuiLingBeGuiLing Member PExer
    Hi Is the club still open for membership? I really want to join and help out. I've had experience in organizing different outreach activities while I was a student. I have been very busy with work lately and I feel I have not done much for others.
  • tina11tina11 Member PExer
    Originally posted by BeGuiLing
    Hi Is the club still open for membership? I really want to join and help out. I've had experience in organizing different outreach activities while I was a student. I have been very busy with work lately and I feel I have not done much for others.

hello! pls. send me a PM with your real name, cellphone number, and email address, and f you have suggestions for outreach activities that we can do, pls. include them as well. :)

charo, have you emailed me a copy the members' list already? i didn't get them through my yahoo email - [email protected].
    tina11, I'll be able to send it to you tomorrow pa, the file is in the office eh. :)
  • tina11tina11 Member PExer
    ok, nag-worry lang ako coz my inbox is full na pala (i haven't checked it the last couple of days) baka di nakapasok email mo. :)
  • RevenanTRevenanT almost sane PExer
    ah, pang core group lang pala yung meeting sa 5th. i thought it was another major meeting. :|
  • archangelarchangel anti-social PExer
    Hi PEx Volunteers!

Just wanna update you on what I'm doing to help our club:

I was able to contact my friend ( he's a med. rep. from Unilab) and he said he can give us some excess medicines. I told him we might need vitamins and antibioitics for our outreach programs ( in an orphanage or home for the aged perhaps). "HOPE" this contribution would be a great help to our group.

In the Service of the Poor!
    Originally posted by archangel
    Hi PEx Volunteers!

Just wanna update you on what I'm doing to help our club:

I was able to contact my friend ( he's a med. rep. from Unilab) and he said he can give us some excess medicines. I told him we might need vitamins and antibioitics for our outreach programs ( in an orphanage or home for the aged perhaps). "HOPE" this contribution would be a great help to our group.

In the Service of the Poor!

I can help out with Unilab too.. I can also ask my sister for help (she's a doctor). Their sorority helped us out when we had medical and dental outreach activities :)
    Hi Tina11 ive sent you a PM na... :)
    Wow, thanks guys!

After seeing this, "In the service of the poor!" from archangel... I think we should start thinking of our tag line. :) I was thinking of something that's related to "Speak your mind!" But something that uses "heart". Ewan. Basta, isip na kayo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file