2013 Bar Exam- School Percentage

Guys please post the passing percentage of schools on the recent bar examinations.

I find it odd that the supreme court does not publish the school passing percentage. They say they might be accused of being biased to certain law schools, but I don't see the logic. Passing percentages are facts and everyone has the right to know.

Please post if you know. TIA

Comments

• russianpeasantrussianpeasant Member PExer
    So far mababa daw lahat eh :(
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    we need an lsat's kind of exams in pinas.

its great injustice to let students who from the start do not show aptitude for this course, study for 5 years, spend hundreds of thousands of pesos in tuition,

only to be told later on, they're not fit to be lawyers, come the bar exams.

the Supreme Court should be ashamed by allowing/condoning such a scam.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 The sea! The sea! PExer
    Four years of law course work isn't "nothing" you know. A lot of these "torning-not-yet" get good jobs.
  • ronelioronelio Member
    usually the school performances are released in the day of oathtaking. i usually go to ateneo de davao law lobby. naka post doon. ewan lang this year if mag release ang office of the bar confidant. higher ata ang UP Law (around 78% overall) sa ADMU Law (around 76%) sa 2013 Bar.
  • ronelioronelio Member
    april 28 ang oathtaking.
  • neinsagerneinsager Member ✭✭✭
    nikkilove wrote: »
    we need an lsat's kind of exams in pinas.

its great injustice to let students who from the start do not show aptitude for this course, study for 5 years, spend hundreds of thousands of pesos in tuition,

only to be told later on, they're not fit to be lawyers, come the bar exams.

the Supreme Court should be ashamed by allowing/condoning such a scam.

i agree, except for the part about the supreme court. wala na kasi yan sa jurisdiction nila yan. under the constitution, ang kanila lang eh promulgation ng rules concerning admission to the practice of law (i.e. they decide who are qualified to be lawyers). other than that, walang power ang judicial department na i-monitor ang quality ng legal education. function na ng executive department yun.

sa RA 7662, ang may jurisdiction over law schools ay ang legal education board. ang problema, inabot ng dekada bago na-implement ang batas na yan. kelan lang nagkaron ng legal education board. so they have their work cut out for them. for a long time, CHED ang (informally) nagmo-monitor sa law schools.

under RA 7662, LEB has the power to prescribe minimum standards for admission to law schools. they can, theoretically, come up with a standardized exam for all law school applicants. parang NMAT ba.

i think they should exercise that power. when the results of the bar exams were released earlier the month, the supreme court remarked that one of the reasons for the low passing percentage was bad grammar. ni hindi lack of mastery of the law but something as basic as grammar na dapat eh high school pa lang, na-master na. papano nga naman magiging lawyer ang mga yan kung hindi sila makapag-english nang maayos? nakakahiya sa korte, at lalong lalo na sa kliyente (my god!), pag hindi maintindihan ang pleading or opinion mo, dahil mali ang grammar.

kung nag-prescribe ang LEB ng standardized exam, which would measure english language proficiency, among others, baka hindi naging ganun kababa ang passing percentage. i'm not sure why the LEB hasn't done that. pero i'm guessing, and this is just a guess, that it will be met with strong opposition from law school deans. such measure will significantly reduce the number of law students that they can admit. for law schools whose income streams are tuition-driven, that is a death sentence.

ngayon, strict ang LEB sa monitoring ng school statistics. may friend ako na ang laki ng pasasalamat sa kanya ng school nya kasi pumasa sya ng bar (sya lang sa buong law school nya ang pumasa). kung hindi raw kasi sya pumasa, ipapasara na sila ng LEB.

that is admirable. pero remedial na lang yun eh. kumbaga, kahit ipasara mo yung school, the damage has been done. pano na lang yung mga estudyanteng nakapagtapos na doon na, in all likelihood, hindi naman papasa sa bar? kung sa simula pa lang, hindi na sila pinayagan mag-law, eh di sana hindi na sila nagaksaya ng pera at oras.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file