Home PEx International Entertainment Movie Promos and Activities

The Official 2014 PEx Movie Challenge - Guidelines and Reviews Thread

Comments

• Hiroshi08Hiroshi08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    So invalid na yung Divergent review ko?

Deym, stoopid me hehehe

Anywho, can i repost it??
    carlhiro wrote: »
    Yes, so you need to indicate if it's 1/50 or 1/100. Saka pala 1 movie a day lang pwede ireview. Sayang yung ibang reviews, di makacount if posted on the same day.
    Title: Divergent
    Year: 2014
    Genre: Science Fiction, Action
    Director: Neil Burger
    Rating: 7.58/10
    220px-Divergent_film_poster.png

I actually love the book and was quite excited to watch the film adaptation only to be disappointed halfway through. Honestly, I didn't mind the fast pacing but to leave out some key elements from the book is just unforgivable. One thing, which I think is crucial, is Edward's existence and Uriah. That incident when Peter poked his eye out clearly is the manifestation of how evil and twisted he is. I mean, how would they show Tris' deep distrust on Peter in the upcoming films in the series (Insurgent and Allegiant)?
    Anywho, I still enjoyed the movie. Casting was great as well, I just think Shailene's a bit puffy :glee: . Looking forward to the second one.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]2014 PEx Movie Challenge

Non-English Movies:
    1. Solo
    [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • paddylastpaddylast PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Day 03 - Your favorite action/adventure movie
    Movie Title: Life Of Pi
    Year: 2012
    Genre: Adventure
    Rating: 9 out of 10
    life_of_pi_ver2.jpg

With the imagery captured by the genius Ang Lee in Life Of Pi, it will forever be remembered as one of the best films of this era. Life Of Pi takes us to the adventure of Pissing / Pi as he trudges the waters with zoo animals in a lifeboat and then was left behind with a Bengal tiger he named Richard Parker - both trying to survive the ordeal after their small ship sunk on their way to Canada with his family. Now this may sound to you a simple story but the symbolism it connotes are just mind-boggling and rather too crude if we're to discuss this. At the end of the film, you'd ask what really transpired during his journey to the sea with Richard Parker. What was that change in Pi that clearly affected his soul? The film's haunting ending never ceases to give me the goosies that it's almost a constant discussion whenever films of such genre were discussed.
  • Hiroshi08 wrote: »
    Question :wave:

do we have to declare if we're doing the 50 or 100 movies challenge???

Definitely. Thank you for re-posting your review. Muntik na siya maging invalid!
  • Hi Challengers! Links to reviews after this post SHOULD BE POSTED in the Leaderboard thread, just provide a link so that I can verify and it'll be easier for us to monitor your reviews.

And please do follow the official format when you're posting your review. Thank you guys!
  • You guys can now check your standings here: The Official 2014 PEx Movie Challenge - Leaderboard Thread!

Top 3 right now is:
    • carlhiro
    • strandedstranger
    • and a 4-way tie at 3rd place
  • kimcruzkimcruz PEx Rookie ⭐
    Movie Title: Colombiana
    Year: 2011
    Genre: Action
    Rating: 10 out of 10

Colombiana.jpg

Review:

Colombiana is a 2011 French-American action film co-written and produced by Luc Besson and directed by Olivier Megaton.
    A story of a young woman who became an assassin after seeing her parents being killed in front of her by a bunch of thugs sent by a local drug lord. Before her parents died, her father gave her a chip, and instructions how to survive. I find this very brutal for a kid.

Though we don't see her grow up, the movie was able to show us that she tried going to school, where there are teachers that can teach her the things her Uncle can't. Her name Cataleya is a type of an Orchid, this becomes her signature, inked onto the bodies of her victims. This is also a love story but filmmakers did a great job in focusing to their main genre which is action.
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Day 7/100 Animated Film 2

Movie Title: Frozen
    Year: 2013
    Genre: Animated Feature

Frozen-movie-poster.jpg

Review: This movie is one for the books and one of the most groundbreaking Disney film in its filmography.Not only does it involved two Disney princess who doesn't need assistance of a prince or a male lead but this is the first time where true love's kiss doesn't necessarily refer to romantic love. The effects are certainly candies to the eyes. The story is appealing to both kids and adults because it can be layered in different levels. The allure of each character never cease to appeal the audience.

The movie explored the complexities of a young matriarch's life and how she's supposed to rule a kingdom that has been threatened by trade partners and power hungry male characters.
  • hydrangeahydrangea Administrator PEx Moderator
    Movie: Gravity
    Genre: Suspense, Drama
    Rating: 10/10

gravity_ver3_xlg.jpg

Undoubtedly, Alfonso Cuaron is a master storyteller. He, who directed undoubtedly the best installment of the Harry Potter film franchise.

In Gravity, he takes the shipwreck scenario to outer space with this thriller starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. The story is simple and stripped of side stories, and other embellishments. The premise is presented straight to the point as the film opens with the characters already in outer space, and in the first 5 minutes, the buildup already occurs. The pacing is just right that you do not notice that two hours have already passed by in this gripping tale.

Bullock is in her best element in this movie as an astronaut who gets entangles in an endangered mission. She exhibits the hopelessness and determination of her character with every roadblock she encounters and tries to overcome on her journey home.

No doubt, Alfonso Cuaron is a worthy awardee of the Academy Award for Best Director. He is able to weave this simple tale into a beautiful and heartstopping masterpiece. If this is not topnotch directing, I do not know what is.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Movie Nominated by the Academy:
    [6/100]: Gravity

Movie That is a Guilty Pleasure:
    [1/100]: Temptation Island

Non-English/Non-Tagalog Movie:
    [2/100]: Love of Siam

Movie Released Before 2000:
    [3/100]: 54

A-Z Movies:
    [4/100]: Dekada '70 (D)

Tagalog Movie:
    [5/100]: Biktima
  • kimcruzkimcruz PEx Rookie ⭐
    Title: The Conjuring
    Genre: Horror
    Rating: 8 out of 10

CONJURING_ONESHEET_MAIN_FINAL_INTL.jpg

I am not a fan of horror movies. I rarely watch them. But the last horror movie that I watched on the big screen was "The Conjuring". I was forced by my friends to watch this, I am literally weak when it comes in watching Horror Movies. This was a huge hit in the US so I gave it a try. The movie was good enough to scare us. At first, I was expecting Annabelle (The Doll), is the one who will do the killing and all. The main characters, Ed and Lorraine Warren, were real life paranormal investigators.

Over all, this is a good horror movie for me as I extremely scared while watching this. I can't even sleep alone in my room. :)
    Movie Title: Hotel Transylvania
    Genre: Animated Feature
    Rating: 7 out of 10

HOTEL_TRANSYLVANIA_2012_EXTRAS_US-WW-artwork.jpg

Review: Hotel Transylvania features a flurry of horror characters headed by the ever-charismatic count Dracula. The movie mixes hilariously the unique popular culture story of each character to weave a coming-of-age story of Dracula's daughter as she meets the boy who zinged. Hotel Transylvania is certainly enjoyable and fun to watch. It has a very light vibe mixing story traditions and modern cultural designations in a dressed-up chaos.

The characters are adorable. Each has been humanized to be relevant and magical to regular viewers. It follows the protective father in Dracula and how he tried to protect his daughter from the monstrous human world. This is because of an unforgettable past which was shown to the viewers and the human stranger with whom Dracula manages to shed his hard side from.

PEx Level-Up Movie Challenge:

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    1. movie nominated in the Academy 1 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69698788&viewfull=1#post69698788]Gravity 2013[/url | March 25, 2014
    2. movie nominated in the Academy 2 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69700492&viewfull=1#post69700492]Captain Phillips 2013[/url | March 26, 2014
    3. movie nominated in the Academy 3 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69705354&viewfull=1#post69705354]American Hustle 2013[/url | March 27, 2014
    4. movie nominated in the Academy 4 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69715514&viewfull=1#post69715514]Brokeback Mountain 2005[/url | March 28, 2014
    5. animated film 1 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69719940&viewfull=1#post69719940]Planes 2013[/url | March 29, 2014
    6. animated film 2 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69745325&viewfull=1#post69745325]Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2013[/url | April 3, 2014
    7. animated film 3 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69764872&viewfull=1#post69764872]Frozen 2013[/url | April 7, 2013
    8. animated film 4 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69766299&viewfull=1#post69766299]Hotel Transylvania 2012[/url | April 8, 2013
    9. non-English movie 1
    10. non-English movie 2
    11. non-English movie 3
    12. non-English movie 4
    13. 2014 movie 1
    14. 2014 movie 2
    15. 2014 movie 3
    16. 2014 movie 4
    17. movie released before 2000 1
    18. movie released before 2000 2
    19. movie released before 2000 3
    20. movie released before 2000 4
    21. A – movie
    22. B – movie
    23. C – movie
    24. D – movie
    25. E – movie
    26. F – movie
    27. G – movie
    28. H – movie
    29. I – movie
    30. J – movie
    31. K – movie
    32. L – movie
    33. M – movie
    34. N – movie
    35. O – movie
    36. P – movie
    37. Q – movie
    38. R – movie
    39. S – movie
    40. T – movie
    41. U – movie
    42. V – movie
    43. W – movie
    44. X – movie
    45. Y – movie
    46. Z – movie
    47. # – movie
    48. March: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    49. April: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    50. May: X-Men: Days of Future Past
    51. June: Edge of Tomorrow / How to Tame your Dragon 2
    52. July: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    53. August: Guardians of the Galaxy
    54. September: The Maze Runner
    55. October: Paranormal Activity 5
    56. November: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
    57. December: The Hobbit: There and Back Again
    58. Day 01 - The best movie you saw during the last year
    59. Day 02 - The last movie you watched
    60. Day 03 - Your favorite action/adventure movie
    61. Day 04 - Your favorite horror movie
    62. Day 05 - Your favorite drama movie
    63. Day 06 - Your favorite comedy movie
    64. Day 07 - Your favorite animated movie
    65. Day 08 - A movie of your favorite actor
    66. Day 09 - A movie of your favorite actress
    67. Day 10 - A movie of your favorite director
    68. Day 11 - Your favorite classic movie
    69. Day 12 - Your favorite documentary
    70. Day 13 - Your favorite movie from your childhood
    71. Day 14 - Your favorite quote from any movie
    72. Day 15 - Your favorite character from any movie
    73. Day 16 - Your favorite movie based on a book/comic
    74. Day 17 - The most overrated movie
    75. Day 18 - The most underrated movie
    76. Day 19 - A movie you wish more people would see
    77. Day 20 - A movie that you relate to most
    78. Day 21 - A movie you hate
    79. Day 22 - A movie with the best soundtrack
    80. Day 23 - A movie that disappointed you the most
    81. Day 24 - A movie that you used to love but now hate
    82. Day 25 - A movie that no one would expect you to love
    83. Day 26 - A movie that is a guilty pleasure
    84. Day 27 - A movie that changed your opinion about something
    85. Day 28 - A movie you wished you’d seen in theaters
    86. Day 29 - A movie you've seen countless times
    87. Day 30 - Your favorite movie of all time
    88. Any movie
    89. Any movie
    90. Any movie
    91. Any movie
    92. Any movie
    93. Any movie
    94. Any movie
    95. Any movie
    96. Any movie
    97. Any movie
    98. Any movie
    99. Any movie
    100. Any movie
    [/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    Title: Parade
    Year: 2010
    Genre: Mystery / Drama
    Director: Isao Yukisada
    Rating: 8.43/10
    parade_poster.jpg

Plot (from Asian Wiki)
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]"Parade" is the story of a strange living situation in a 2LDK apartment (having two bedrooms, a living-dining room, and a kitchen) in suburban Tokyo. There are five residents ranging in age from eighteen to twenty-eight: a male student with no evidence of any drive; Kotomi (Shihori Kanjiya), an out-of-work aspiring actress who longs for a celebrity boyfriend; Miki (Karina), a heavy-drinking female illustrator; Satoru (Kento Hayashi), a male prostitute with a spectator like attitude toward life; and Naoki (Tatsuya Fujiwara), a salaryman who works for a film distribution company and says strange things in his sleep. The roommates are not in any way romantically involved with one another, but one can see subtle hints of affection and friendship among them. In the end, however, none of them really know each other.

Asian feature films are a fancy to watch because of their odd premises and concepts. Parade is one of those movies where in you get to wonder what's really happening and then when you get to realize and understood the perspective it will abruptly come to an end; leaving you at awe and still wondering.
    One thing I love about this movie is the constant mystery within the plot. Another thing is the controversy that surrounds the characters especially Naoki. This was dubbed as one of the highly-controversial drama film of Japan in 2010 and I would recommend that you see it for yourself. I had to watch it twice to fully understand the predicament of each residents. :hiya:

Non-English Movies:
    1. 1/100 Solo

2014 movies:
    1. 2/100 Divergent
  • paddylastpaddylast PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Day 04 - Your favorite horror movie
    Movie Title: Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
    Year: 1994
    Genre: Horror
    Rating: 9.5 out of 10
    interview_with_the_vampire.jpg

Okay, so here we've got Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in the film adaptation of Anne Rice' Interview with the Vampire. Now, this is a film that would creep you out so bad that you'd find yourself too tense to even turn your lights off after watching it. I first watched this during my elementary years in the 90's and it totally scare me for like a while until I finally realized that Vampires ain't real.lol and from then on, it became a staple every Halloween in our household's movie marathon. That goes to say how intense this film was, Tom Cruise delivered a very effective Lestat de Lioncourt interpretation while Brad Pit countered a rather passive Louis de Pointe du Lac performance. I've read the book and it's even more scary and rather intense but I love that I could easily picture them in the characters of Cruise, Pitt and Dunst et al. Interview with the Vampire (the book) is indeed a classic and so as its movie counterpart.
  • Strider07Strider07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [center-hidden]1/50 Animated Film #1
    frozen-2013-poster04.jpg
    Frozen

Fantasy, Animation, Comedy, Family
    7.5 out of 10[/center-hidden]

This movie has been making quite a lot of hype so I decided this one to be the first movie I'll make a review for this challenge. To be direct to the point, I wasn't really touched by this movie as much as I thought it would. The Rise of the Guardians will still be my favorite animated film.

I don't know who the main protagonist really is. If both Elsa and Anna were the main characters, well, Elsa did not get enough screen time for me and her character is more interesting than Anna, for me, because she has a magical power. Sure enough, though, that I was also fooled by Hans. I was not expecting the plot twist because he can also be the definition of a Disney prince, but it was really stupid of Anna to have trusted him on the first day they've met or marry him, even. Kristoff and Sven... I don't have anything to say to be honest. :hiya: And of-course, Olaf, my favorite character in this movie. It will surely be a lot boring if not because of this heat-loving-snowman, hahaha. He's very quirky and funny. "Some people are worth melting for. Just maybe not right this second" :lol:
  • hydrangeahydrangea Administrator PEx Moderator
    Title: Rio 2
    Year: 2014
    Genre: Animation
    Rating: 8/10

movieimage.jpg

Blu, Jewel and their kids take their adventure goes from the city to the jungle in this follow up to the 2011 animated blockbuster.

Taking off from the previous movie, Blu, Jewel and their kids Carla, Bia and Tiago, along with friends Pedro, Nico and Rafael, travel from cosmopolitan Rio de Janeiro to the heart of the Amazon to look for their masters Laura and Tulio, and to help them discover a tribe of Blu Macaws. This tribe, it turns out is headed by Eduardo, Jewel’s father is the leader of the tribe and she instantly reconnects with family- her aunt Mimi and her friend Roberto. While Jewel and the children are ecstatic, Blu has a hard time fitting in, being city bred all his life. At first he is shunned by Eduardo and the other members of the tribe, but a looming danger gives him the opportunity to prove his worth and show them his strengths.

Additionally, Nigel with the help of a motley crew composed of a poisonous frog and an ant eater tries to exact his revenge on Blu.

Right off the bat, the title of this movie should have been Manaus or Amazon. Hardly anything in the movie takes place in Rio de Janeiro, except perhaps the first 5-10 minutes. The rest of the movie is spent by the characters in the Amazon Rainforest, with an additional 5-10 minutes in the city of Manaus.

Nonetheless, the film manages to deliver its message, mainly one must learn to adapt to change and not to take everything at first value, as shown by how Blu managed to save the lair of the tribe against their enemy despite being a major screw up at first.

The story is not entirely fresh, admittedly, countless of animated films have delivered the same message. Such films include Aladdin and Lilo and Stitch. How many times have we heard or seen people (or dogs and birds, for that matter) being told to look inside them and to look at others again in order to defeat the villain. Yes, that also happens here.

What keeps the audience glued, however, is the comic scenarios and dialogues that leave the viewer in stitches, notable of which is the audition scene in the jungle where Pedro, Nico, Rafael and Carla try to find the next Carnival act.

Similar to its predecessor, the film also does its best to present adult issues in a kid-friendly way. If Rio made kids more aware about animal trafficking, Rio 2 presents them illegal logging with kid’s gloves. It tries to raise awareness about the issue in a way that kids would understand, song and dance numbers included.

The film’s soundtrack and production numbers are something to watch out for, particularly “Batucada Familia,” complete with a synchronized-swimming like routine done by the Blue Macaws. The film also exhibits some of Anne Hathaway’s vocal prowess which she made famous in “Les Miserables.” The sounds of the film definitely capture the Brazilian vibe, what with Sergio Mendes as one of the film’s Music Producer. I am surprised though that there is no song by Bebel Gilberto, even if she lent her voice as Eva, Rafael’s wife.

There are certain subplots that are extremely unnecessary, most notably the return of Nigel and his motley crew. The story is progressing fine even without them, that at times, the viewer forgets that they are part of the film and that they still have some business in there. Though he does deliver a mean interpretation of the Gloria Gaynor hit “I Will Survive.”

Admittedly, Gabi, Nigel’s poisonous frog assistant who has a crush on him manages to steal the spotlight, what with Kristin Chenowith doing voice duties for the pink amphibian. It is a pity that they came off as expendables in this movie. Perhaps, it would have been better had they presented Nigel’s antics in a spin-off movie instead rather than force them here.

Another, perhaps disturbing scenario is the amount of devouring involved in the movie. While it is indeed presented in a comical way, seeing a black panther eat a cute warthog singing “Memory” from Cats or a group of animals being devoured by a piranha can leave a child traumatized and is not exactly what you want to see in an animated film targeting young ones.

The star power of Jesse Eisenberg (as Blu) and Anne Hathaway (as Jewel) is enough to carry the film but the addition of Andy Garcia (as Eduardo) and Bruno Mars (as Roberto) give the film more stellar weight.

Rio 2 admittedly offers nothing new, yet its comedic punch added with a kid-friendly message still makes it a worthwhile film to view for the entire family, devouring snakes and panthers, and all.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Movie Nominated by the Academy:
    [6/100]: Gravity

Animated Movie:
    [7/100]: Rio 2

Movie That is a Guilty Pleasure:
    [1/100]: Temptation Island

Non-English/Non-Tagalog Movie:
    [2/100]: Love of Siam

Movie Released Before 2000:
    [3/100]: 54

A-Z Movies:
    [4/100]: Dekada '70 (D)

Tagalog Movie:
    [5/100]: Biktima[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Title: Back To The Future
    Release Date: July 3, 1985
    Genre: Science Fiction/ Comedy
    Director: Robert Zemeckis
    Rating: 8.76/10

back_to_the_future_part_ii_ver2.jpg

Review:

Plot (from WIKIPEDIA)

The movie was released even before I was conceived so the first time I've seen this was way back in the 90's when Beta MAX is still in it's glorious days here in the Philippines. I think a lot of "Batang 90's" will agree if I'd say that this movie is a phenomenon because it is! DeLorean DMC-12, Marty McFly's self lacing shoes, the red "Class-5 down vest and of course time travel; aren't these cool enough? :glee:
    The film is actually light and breezy, the idea of time travel was never taken so seriously like any other sci-fi movies that have the same concept. It's just an eccentric scientist who tinkered on a used car and boom, it can take you to a different period of time.
    I like the part where Marty almost jeopardizes his parents' relationship and how he was able to help his father against the school's bully. Michael J. Fox is also memorable as Marty because if not I don't think this movie will be included in this list.
    Back To The Future is truly remarkable and is one of those movies from the 80's that you can't not missed out.

Non-English Movies:
    1. 1/100 Solo
    2. 3/100 Parade

2014 movies:
    1. 2/100 Divergent[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just saw this today. I think this is going to be fun. Hope it's not too late to join .
  • Strider07Strider07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [center-hidden]2/50 Movie Released in 2014 #1
    divergent-poster-full.jpg
    Divergent

Dystopia, Science Fiction, Young-Adult Fiction
    6 out of 10

Previous Movie Reviews
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Animated Film (1/4)
    1. Frozen[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][/center-hidden]

I've just read Divergent last month and I liked the book but I kind of dislike the movie adaptation. I got disappointed because there were some plots in the book that weren't included in the film. I didn't like how Al became just a really minor character and how his relationship with Tris (though there weren't actually any, but I wanted him to have established closeness with her just like in the book) therefore his death didn't have any impact at all, even a little. I also would have wanted to see Tris's rematch against Molly where she beat her good but unfortunately, it was not included. The film also lacks romance between Tris and Four, for me. It could have been a lot more interesting if the movie focused on their romance more. In the scene where Tris asked to see Four's tattoo, i was waiting for him to say "Are you asking me to undress, Tris" but no, it wasn't there as well. It really lacks the Tris-Four landian for me :rotfl:

There were some scenes that I liked though, more than the book such as the death of Tris's. Her death in the movie was a lot better because it was a lot more dramatic as it was more visual. Also I like how the film involved Jeanine in stopping the simulation. It was more interesting than what happened in the book, really.
    Movie Title: La Vie en Rose
    Year: 2007
    Genre: Drama

la-vie-en-rose.jpg

Review: La Vie En Rose is a story about French star Edith Piaf: her troubled life and how she made it from small stage to big stage. Marion Cotillard's Oscar-winning performance is truly deserving with her very realistic and enigmatic translation of an Edith Piaf to the big screen. She really took the movie to her shoulders and the acting it deserves. You'll sympathize with her even if just because of the Cotillard's awe-inspiring performance.

The movie is a compelling take on the life of the French singer. Viewers are treated to an ear-appealing music and performance by the different characters.

Aside from being biographical, the film is a period movie so set and costume design are crucial to the success of the movie. La Vie En Rose succeeds in making impressive set designs that fully-complemented the costumes of each character, Edith Piaf most especially. Props to the director for the wonderful cinematography.

PEx Level-Up Movie Challenge:

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    1. movie nominated in the Academy 1 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69698788&viewfull=1#post69698788]Gravity 2013[/url | March 25, 2014
    2. movie nominated in the Academy 2 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69700492&viewfull=1#post69700492]Captain Phillips 2013[/url | March 26, 2014
    3. movie nominated in the Academy 3 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69705354&viewfull=1#post69705354]American Hustle 2013[/url | March 27, 2014
    4. movie nominated in the Academy 4 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69715514&viewfull=1#post69715514]Brokeback Mountain 2005[/url | March 28, 2014
    5. animated film 1 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69719940&viewfull=1#post69719940]Planes 2013[/url | March 29, 2014
    6. animated film 2 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69745325&viewfull=1#post69745325]Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2013[/url | April 3, 2014
    7. animated film 3 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69764872&viewfull=1#post69764872]Frozen 2013[/url | April 7, 2014
    8. animated film 4 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69766299&viewfull=1#post69766299]Hotel Transylvania 2012[/url | April 8, 2014
    9. non-English movie 1 url=http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706775&p=69772596&viewfull=1#post69772596]La Vie En Rose 2007[/url | April 9, 2014
    10. non-English movie 2
    11. non-English movie 3
    12. non-English movie 4
    13. 2014 movie 1
    14. 2014 movie 2
    15. 2014 movie 3
    16. 2014 movie 4
    17. movie released before 2000 1
    18. movie released before 2000 2
    19. movie released before 2000 3
    20. movie released before 2000 4
    21. A – movie
    22. B – movie
    23. C – movie
    24. D – movie
    25. E – movie
    26. F – movie
    27. G – movie
    28. H – movie
    29. I – movie
    30. J – movie
    31. K – movie
    32. L – movie
    33. M – movie
    34. N – movie
    35. O – movie
    36. P – movie
    37. Q – movie
    38. R – movie
    39. S – movie
    40. T – movie
    41. U – movie
    42. V – movie
    43. W – movie
    44. X – movie
    45. Y – movie
    46. Z – movie
    47. # – movie
    48. March: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    49. April: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    50. May: X-Men: Days of Future Past
    51. June: Edge of Tomorrow / How to Tame your Dragon 2
    52. July: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    53. August: Guardians of the Galaxy
    54. September: The Maze Runner
    55. October: Paranormal Activity 5
    56. November: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
    57. December: The Hobbit: There and Back Again
    58. Day 01 - The best movie you saw during the last year
    59. Day 02 - The last movie you watched
    60. Day 03 - Your favorite action/adventure movie
    61. Day 04 - Your favorite horror movie
    62. Day 05 - Your favorite drama movie
    63. Day 06 - Your favorite comedy movie
    64. Day 07 - Your favorite animated movie
    65. Day 08 - A movie of your favorite actor
    66. Day 09 - A movie of your favorite actress
    67. Day 10 - A movie of your favorite director
    68. Day 11 - Your favorite classic movie
    69. Day 12 - Your favorite documentary
    70. Day 13 - Your favorite movie from your childhood
    71. Day 14 - Your favorite quote from any movie
    72. Day 15 - Your favorite character from any movie
    73. Day 16 - Your favorite movie based on a book/comic
    74. Day 17 - The most overrated movie
    75. Day 18 - The most underrated movie
    76. Day 19 - A movie you wish more people would see
    77. Day 20 - A movie that you relate to most
    78. Day 21 - A movie you hate
    79. Day 22 - A movie with the best soundtrack
    80. Day 23 - A movie that disappointed you the most
    81. Day 24 - A movie that you used to love but now hate
    82. Day 25 - A movie that no one would expect you to love
    83. Day 26 - A movie that is a guilty pleasure
    84. Day 27 - A movie that changed your opinion about something
    85. Day 28 - A movie you wished you’d seen in theaters
    86. Day 29 - A movie you've seen countless times
    87. Day 30 - Your favorite movie of all time
    88. Any movie
    89. Any movie
    90. Any movie
    91. Any movie
    92. Any movie
    93. Any movie
    94. Any movie
    95. Any movie
    96. Any movie
    97. Any movie
    98. Any movie
    99. Any movie
    100. Any movie
    [/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
  • Day 6[non-English movie 2]
    Movie Title: War Witch
    Genre: Drama
    Ratkng: 9.5/10

war+witch.jpg

A 12-year old girl is abducted from her African village by rebels and forced to become a child soldier; when her military commanders decide she has magical powers, she is declared the army's "war witch".

Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film, "War Witch" steps into the world of the Democratic Republic of Congo where the young Komona, played by Rachel Mwanza, and her love interest Magician, played by
    Serge Kanyida.

Disheartening reminder of the painful reality of Africa's children soldiers, It is hard not to get a bit depressed watching this movie. But the performances from Komona and Magician was realistic enough to bring this movie on it's movie.

War Witch a Canadian Film and Nominated for Best Foreign Language Film directed by Kim Nguyen, the film is deserving to bring home the award but the competition is too tough, but then War Witch is the perfect depiction of hardship and violence in the far Africa.

Here's the Trailer:
This discussion has been closed.