Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

ESCO Pilipinas [M]

edited July 2019 in The Working Filipino
Anyone knows about this company? I need help..TIA.:bashful:

Comments

• The CEO Mr. Yew treats his employees like second class citizens and is in violation of Dept.. of labor laws and ethics, he's physically and verbally abusive towards his employees, and will have you "who graduated with a Bachelor's Degree to throw garbages in the office, where's the dignity in that??

Open of these days, his company will face a Class Action Lawsuit., mark my word.

I know this because I happen to worked there.
  • Physically abusive talaga? Delikado yan ah.
  • I know someone who got an offer from this company. Ang sabi sa kanya, sa Singapore ang training for 1 month. Ang binigay lang ng company are plane ticket and payment for the travel tax sa airport. Irereimburse pa ang magiging expenses niya pagdating dun. Do you think worth it ang offer? Thanks.
  • I applied here as a Junior Programmer and It seems like this company at the current time with their management, values experience more than the qualification of passing their exam and interview, even if you get a perfect score for their exam and even if your way of speaking in english is way more fluent than the ones who's interviewing you, they will waste your time and effort in coming here,

*Fresh Graduates may apply, but they won't accept them in the end, they will just use them as Reference as Always**
    **The Management have already sold their conscience to the devil, please don't send an invitation to fresh graduates when you VALUE experience***
  • r3c_214r3c_214 PEx Rookie ⭐
    up for this, i want to know more from this company
  • omneeckaomneecka PEx Rookie ⭐
    is this the one with office in Singapore? nearest MRT station is Changi Expo and with office in a not-so-office environment? into merchandising of hospital equipments? if yes, i used to worked in this company in SG. if the owner is still the same, local and old male Singaporean, and if this is the one run by his family, consider having not only thrice but 10x of even thinking of applying in this company. verbally and physically abusive is the old man owner while his wife does not care at all, as well as his children. verbally abusive because he likes to play around with his staffs and physical because he pinched me many times in my arms and also if u did something wrong, he will hit u in ur hands using a ruler (haha! for this as this reminds me of my elementary days). employees are also required to memorize the company's whereabouts because there's daily recitation conducted by the owner and u will be punished for incorrect answer.

kawawa mga Indonesians in this company. medyo okay pa treatment sa pinoys with my above experience. the only advantage of this company on my side is that majority of their employees are pinoys. all heads in this company are locals.

if you are considering this company as your stepping stone in landing a job in SG, u might consider this but triple check the contract as the owner of this company is very wise.

by the way, i used to work in this company in SG WITHOUT A PASS.

landing in this thread, i was amazed that they expanded here in PH.

hay life..
  • i was part of this company for a VERY SHORT time. politika dito. pag ayaw ka ng mga matatagal dito. tanggal ka, madami na nagreklamo sa DOLE dito.
  • Magnum_PI wrote: »
    The CEO Mr. Yew treats his employees like second class citizens and is in violation of Dept.. of labor laws and ethics, he's physically and verbally abusive towards his employees, and will have you "who graduated with a Bachelor's Degree to throw garbages in the office, where's the dignity in that??

Open of these days, his company will face a Class Action Lawsuit., mark my word.

I know this because I happen to worked there.

Hello. I am currently working for this company and I have read this thread before I accepted the offer.
    During my first week, make that first day, I did throw the trash, sweep the floors, etc.
    To be honest, I am an engineer in the Philippines but I don't find this condescending.
    In fact, I understand that this is just a test of my character.
    The company is willing to spend a lot of money to send Filipinos abroad for training and meetings
    and I think it is just fitting that they know that we can be trusted. This is a global company so you can
    be sent anywhere, if needed. Ika nga, how can you trust someone with the big stuff if you can't trust them
    with the small ones? I hope others consider working for this company just like I did after reading this thread. :)
  • Many of my Filipino colleagues here are working for more than 5 years and happy. Being scolded is more of an expression of instruction. It is like being in the house of Pinoy Big Brother. If you will not be able to do your task and make some mistakes, you'll be scolded in public television. At least, you are one of the housemates, which means you have been well selected among the many candidates. You might feel that you are like a kid when being scolded but that's the fun thing, you'll feel like you have a teacher/father who will just correct you because he wants the best for you. Scolding is merely an expression for Mr. Lim as he would immediately smile, laugh or tell some jokes. (Karenyong Brutal as they call it.) He would even buy food for everyone or give you medicines if you are sick. After working, he would give time to know all his employees on a personal level. I think you should take the job if they offer it to you. Just know that you'll be working with a foreigner with a different culture and working attitude than yours, so it is your responsibility to adjust. They are picky with employees so be proud that you've got a job offer.
    :)
  • omneecka wrote: »
    is this the one with office in Singapore? nearest MRT station is Changi Expo and with office in a not-so-office environment? into merchandising of hospital equipments? if yes, i used to worked in this company in SG. if the owner is still the same, local and old male Singaporean, and if this is the one run by his family, consider having not only thrice but 10x of even thinking of applying in this company. verbally and physically abusive is the old man owner while his wife does not care at all, as well as his children. verbally abusive because he likes to play around with his staffs and physical because he pinched me many times in my arms and also if u did something wrong, he will hit u in ur hands using a ruler (haha! for this as this reminds me of my elementary days). employees are also required to memorize the company's whereabouts because there's daily recitation conducted by the owner and u will be punished for incorrect answer.

kawawa mga Indonesians in this company. medyo okay pa treatment sa pinoys with my above experience. the only advantage of this company on my side is that majority of their employees are pinoys. all heads in this company are locals.

if you are considering this company as your stepping stone in landing a job in SG, u might consider this but triple check the contract as the owner of this company is very wise.

hay life..

*hey there! Seems like you have so much grunt in your heart that u composed such a long misleading reply. First of all if you're really intelligent why did you agree to work without a Pass? Maybe you were only sent to Singapore for training thats why there was no work pass applied for u. Second, if the boss is playful with his staff why did u accuse him of being verbally abusive doesnt really make sense!
    Third, if the wife and the children doesnt care at all do you think their company would have succeeded? The COO which is the wife travels almost everyday via ferry for 2 hrs. just to make sure that everything is running smoothly in the factory which is located overseas, if that isnt caring i dont know what is?! Theyre already on their 39th yr of operating for your info and has offices worldwide now and only the 4 of them owns the company.
    4th - I have been in this company for almost 3 yrs and never did i see the owner gather all of his employees to just ask for the companys whereabouts? and just out of curiosity what exactly do u mean by whereabouts? The company is a fixed property and is not a person who can just travel anytime. Why would the ceo ask for its whereabouts 😂
    Indonesians kawawa? How can that be? That office is one of the main headquarters, if the locals are not being treated well then definitely they will unite and then they will all leave the company which again for your info isnt happening.
    All heads in the company are local?? The head of our accounting dept is a filipina and shes been working here for almost 10yrs.
    If this company is really bad then how come most of its employees have been here for more than 30yrs,20yrs.10yrs??
    For the other person in this thread that was complaining about having to throw the trash, well are you too high and almighty that you took it personally? All of us here are degree holders and some even have Phd but we're still here and we didnt consider it a bad thing. Like what my colleague said it was just a test of character and yours obviously isnt the right one for this extraordinary company.

To all of you looking for a job even those who are fresh graduates, if you know you are extraordinary and you have something to contribute to our company pls join us. Theres a lot of opportunity for you to grow here. Dont be discouraged by the people in this thread who didnt last in this great company just because their egos are bigger than their heads or just because 😂 We have fresh graduates who after being trained here in singapore were sent to the US and UK after they have proven themselves. Shouldnt really be that hard if you really have what it takes 😊

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions. Freedom of speech ika nga 😂 But you must think first on how your words will affect the fate of the others. Didnt it ever occur to you that youre no longer working for this company because you didnt have what it takes? ✌🏻

For those of you who wants to join us you can visit our website and apply online 😊
  • I applied here as a Junior Programmer and It seems like this company at the current time with their management, values experience more than the qualification of passing their exam and interview, even if you get a perfect score for their exam and even if your way of speaking in english is way more fluent than the ones who's interviewing you, they will waste your time and effort in coming here,

*Fresh Graduates may apply, but they won't accept them in the end, they will just use them as Reference as Always**
    **The Management have already sold their conscience to the devil, please don't send an invitation to fresh graduates when you VALUE experience***

I beg to disagree since I am fresh graduate and I was hired and am currently working with the company. Based on my experience so far, I believe this company is an excellent training ground for a person, especially for a fresh graduate, to build his/her character as he/she faces the "real world." You will be able to experience and learn many new things from this company every single day; you just have to be open for growth and learning.

For fresh graduates, please don't hesitate to apply if you truly VALUE experience!
  • ting28 wrote: »
    i was part of this company for a VERY SHORT time. politika dito. pag ayaw ka ng mga matatagal dito. tanggal ka, madami na nagreklamo sa DOLE dito.

Recently, I joined Esco and I am currently on training. I have known the owner for 3 years and he is such a brilliant man. I don't seem to get the idea of you talking about "Politics" inside the office because we all work independently. If you work on your way up then practically you will roll the credits so you don't have to be intimidated by those people ahead of you. Com'on! they are not your employers so don't give a single damn instead work on your own. You could have given yourself enough time to ponder and grow because as you've mentioned you worked for a short period of time. Give the "benefit of the doubt".
  • I know someone who got an offer from this company. Ang sabi sa kanya, sa Singapore ang training for 1 month. Ang binigay lang ng company are plane ticket and payment for the travel tax sa airport. Irereimburse pa ang magiging expenses niya pagdating dun. Do you think worth it ang offer? Thanks.

:):)

As a fresh graduate I am proud to say that I am privileged to work here in ESCO. Esco provides opportunities that no other company could offer. Example of this is being sent to Singapore for training. This is one of the offers that no other company could give to fresh graduates like me. Being able to meet the owner and be trained by him is a wonderful experience that you will remember forever. He is a very wonderful man and he cares for his employees. You cannot find a boss who's very generous like him. He's one of a kind and I am happy working in esco!
  • Hey! FYI a good employee requires good attitudes and behavior. You can't be a good leader/person without those things. Yeah, let's consider that your smart in answering those questions in an exam and have a fluent accent, but it doesn't mean that you're good enough in the company. Have good attitudes must also be considered. I am a fresh graduate, and I think there's nothing wrong with that when they use me as their reference.
  • "I applied here as a Junior Programmer and It seems like this company at the current time with their management, values experience more than the qualification of passing their exam and interview, even if you get a perfect score for their exam and even if your way of speaking in english is way more fluent than the ones who's interviewing you, they will waste your time and effort in coming here,

**The Management have already sold their conscience to the devil, please don't send an invitation to fresh graduates when you VALUE experience***"

I would like to oppose this review stating that Esco, the company I am working at the present time, don't accept fresh graduates because I myself, is a living proof. They give very big opportunity to fresh grads whereas I am even amazed at the very first time that I am given tasks I never knew I'd be handling and I'd be able to handle. Opportunities that will really make you step out of your comfort zone and in exchange is a very vast, extraordinary experience in this industry, a typical fresh graduate that I believe could rarely find. I couldn't even believe how can the company owner trust our(fresh graduates) capabilities to do what he asks us to do knowing that we just came out of our shell, who know nothing but mostly classroom-imparted knowledge. Taking the risk to entrust you with great responsibilities, where he can even think that what if you screw up? Indeed, he really give good number of chances for you to improve and grow as an essential part of this company, giving a win-win scenario, you helping the company grow, which can be simultaneous with your growth as an individual.
  • I have been with Esco for almost 4 years now. I can say that if you have the right attitude, determination and commitment, you will definitely benefit from the company. I have learned a lot not only technically, but also several things about life. The owner is a real genius and always gives us advice not only about work but about family, life, love, as well.
  • icedkoffy wrote: »
    I beg to disagree since I am fresh graduate and I was hired and am currently working with the company. Based on my experience so far, I believe this company is an excellent training ground for a person, especially for a fresh graduate, to build his/her character as he/she faces the "real world." You will be able to experience and learn many new things from this company every single day; you just have to be open for growth and learning.

For fresh graduates, please don't hesitate to apply if you truly VALUE experience!

I would like to oppose this review stating that Esco, the company I am working at the present time, don't accept fresh graduates because I myself, is a living proof. They give very big opportunity to fresh grads whereas I am even amazed at the very first time that I am given tasks I never knew I'd be handling and I'd be able to handle. Opportunities that will really make you step out of your comfort zone and in exchange is a very vast, extraordinary experience in this industry, a typical fresh graduate that I believe could rarely find. I couldn't even believe how can the company owner trust our(fresh graduates) capabilities to do what he asks us to do knowing that we just came out of our shell, who know nothing but mostly classroom-imparted knowledge. Taking the risk to entrust you with great responsibilities, where he can even think that what if you screw up? Indeed, he really give good number of chances for you to improve and grow as an essential part of this company, giving a win-win scenario, you helping the company grow, which can be simultaneous with your growth as an individual.
  • icedkoffy wrote: »

Well that's good for you if you are accepted, but then again, I applied here in this company, perfected their exam and the interview was just a casual one, they are even asking me how to fix their current problem with the mobile application that they are developing, but in the END , I received a text message from them stating that the SUPERVISOR requires someone with at least 2 years of Experience,, even though what I'm applying for is only for a Junior Programmer Position and I even asked if it is okay for them if I don't have any working Experience over the phone , so they invited me for the Exam and Interview and after that, all my effort is wasted after receiving that Text Message

*Take Note, I still have the Text Message stating that they Require 2 Years of Experience for the Junior Programmer Position, Do you want me to post it?, though I won't gain anything from this nonsense*

This have happened to me last year , again , just like what I have said from my first statement *at the current time* .. oh God , how come such fools had been hired when their Reading Comprehension sucks .
  • omneeckaomneecka PEx Rookie ⭐
    ShYen wrote: »
    *hey there! Seems like you have so much grunt in your heart that u composed such a long misleading reply. First of all if you're really intelligent why did you agree to work without a Pass? Maybe you were only sent to Singapore for training thats why there was no work pass applied for u. Second, if the boss is playful with his staff why did u accuse him of being verbally abusive doesnt really make sense!
    Third, if the wife and the children doesnt care at all do you think their company would have succeeded? The COO which is the wife travels almost everyday via ferry for 2 hrs. just to make sure that everything is running smoothly in the factory which is located overseas, if that isnt caring i dont know what is?! Theyre already on their 39th yr of operating for your info and has offices worldwide now and only the 4 of them owns the company.
    4th - I have been in this company for almost 3 yrs and never did i see the owner gather all of his employees to just ask for the companys whereabouts? and just out of curiosity what exactly do u mean by whereabouts? The company is a fixed property and is not a person who can just travel anytime. Why would the ceo ask for its whereabouts 😂
    Indonesians kawawa? How can that be? That office is one of the main headquarters, if the locals are not being treated well then definitely they will unite and then they will all leave the company which again for your info isnt happening.
    All heads in the company are local?? The head of our accounting dept is a filipina and shes been working here for almost 10yrs.
    If this company is really bad then how come most of its employees have been here for more than 30yrs,20yrs.10yrs??
    For the other person in this thread that was complaining about having to throw the trash, well are you too high and almighty that you took it personally? All of us here are degree holders and some even have Phd but we're still here and we didnt consider it a bad thing. Like what my colleague said it was just a test of character and yours obviously isnt the right one for this extraordinary company.

To all of you looking for a job even those who are fresh graduates, if you know you are extraordinary and you have something to contribute to our company pls join us. Theres a lot of opportunity for you to grow here. Dont be discouraged by the people in this thread who didnt last in this great company just because their egos are bigger than their heads or just because 😂 We have fresh graduates who after being trained here in singapore were sent to the US and UK after they have proven themselves. Shouldnt really be that hard if you really have what it takes 😊

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions. Freedom of speech ika nga 😂 But you must think first on how your words will affect the fate of the others. Didnt it ever occur to you that youre no longer working for this company because you didnt have what it takes? ✌🏻

For those of you who wants to join us you can visit our website and apply online 😊

hi kuya or ate,

first of all, that's my exeperience. second, i just shared it. third, i was not sent in SG, i applied and got hired in ESCO while i was already in SG. no regrets leaving this company coz i got to work in an international oil company after my not so fortunate fate with ESCO. that time i need to accept esco's offer coz i already gave up my work and i was back in tourist visa but i didn't expect that the management will prolong my pass application. yeah, i remember, the accounting head is a filipina, we call her "ms. ang" and not sure if she's still the accounting head there.

it's really an extraordinary experience working in esco. imagine, u will see some kamasutra books in your manager's/owner's table while at work. haha!

peace kuya/ate. again, i am just sharing my experience there.

😊😊
  • omneecka wrote: »

hay life..

I think it's really a matter of how you take these "challenges" that your boss intentionally put you through. He's always testing you, so you can improve and be stronger when facing challenges the world may put you through. So yeah, it’s more of a character development. Actually, there are people who are much worse out there and are definitely uncompassionate. I for one, have experienced working for him but am very thankful that I did because after this I learned a lot of things from him and he has helped me correct my mistakes. These “hits” are actually what helps you remember what you did wrong and must not do again. He’s actually very considerate and kind if you decide to stay and get to know him. And you can’t actually blame him that he is very strict because he is a boss trying to run a continuously growing international company.

For you he may be verbally or physically "abusive" which is actually too strong a word but believe it or not it’s his own version of disciplinarian actions that can actually help you in the future. If you do try to ask past employees about him, they are actually thankful that they went through those because it made them tougher and fearless. It feels like if you can survive this boss the next challenges will definitely be a piece of cake to you.

The knowing the company whereabouts and the like are actually a must in every company, but he has his way of testing whether you’re progressing in learning more about the company. He may have a different way of doing it but yeah, same objective.

The Indonesians are actually treated well too, just like the pinoys. We all get along well and if given the chance we go out and eat together like how normal co-workers do.