Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Has Malaysian Flight 370 changed your view of flying?

nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
With the news coverage, still the unsolved mystery of the flight, and the reminder, that such things like this happen,

has this changed your traveling behavior, or did it affect you at all, with the way you look at flying?

Comments

• nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi mcgirl, thanks for your insight, appreciate it.

I believe many of us feel the same way, that life goes on. We just cant stop living our lives because of these incidents, they're bound to happen anyway. Like me, this incident would not stop me from going home and having a vacation in Pinas around May next year.

Pero, some things lang that comes to mind, like did it make you think of availing an insurance, or your loved ones, when they travel; or did it make you think of visiting nearby places instead using ground transport, than flying lalo na if its just for leisure, or nearer destinations with only 2 hour flight than a 10hr+ flight,

stuff like that.
  • no. not even a bit. life must go on.
    i have taken malaysia airlines so many times
    and honestly i can say that they really have good pilots.
    sa kanila ko madalas ma experience ang perfect landing.
    kahit luma majority ng mga planes nila, magagaling mga piloto nila.
    ito based on my experiences.
  • My parents have 2 million coverage of life insurance each, me and my siblings have 500k worth each. The premium we pay each year is worth the peace of mind knowing that whatever happens to us, our savings and business won't be compromised by medical/burial expense.

Regarding flying behavior, No. Thousands of planes take-off and land each day without any incident. One of the safest way to travel is thru commercial planes. Malas lang talaga nung mga nasasaktohan ng accident sa plane, if it's your time as they say.
  • I won't be flying Malaysian Airlines or visiting Malaysia anytime soon. This crisis has highlighted how incompetent the authorities are.

~The_truther
    As for me, I've always disliked flying, its not really one of my favorite things to do in life, Im not afraid of dying, but crashing while in a plane is one of those scenes I dread and hate thinking about.

However its something I have to live with, having chosen to work and have a new life abroad, so flying for me, inevitable, otherwise I wont see my family who all live back in the Philippines.

Does this news about Malaysian air affect me in some way, yes.

not bragging, but I could have flown more often, if not for this concern. So I only fly once a year, though I admit I can do it like 2-3x.

Another way it affects me, is when I fly, I make sure, I visit 2-3 cities at a time para masulit. I arrive in one city and leave in another.

And with this missing flight, Im thinking to cont with my current practice in traveling.
  • nikkilove wrote: »
    but I could have flied more often

You must mean FLOWN....

~The_truther
    fine! :hiya:

thanks for the grammar lesson daddy JT.
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Odds of being in a plane crash 1 in 11 million.

planecrasha.jpg

Odds of you dying in a vehicular incident is even way way greater.
  • I only fly when necessary. Business trips. For leisure, i prefer land transportation. Road trips, anyone?
  • We could die anytime anyway, even when just sleeping, eating, sitting, standing, on a bike, on a car, on a boat, on a plane, or while even pexing.

so why worry? Life is short for us to focus on death.

We can't make our lives longer, but we can pray for a peaceful death.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - ghandi
  • not really, isolated case yun eh.
  • If my time were up, then dying is okay. But I don't want my loved ones to be f*cked up just as Malaysia Airlines has been f*cking up the relatives of the passengers of the missing plane.

~The_truther
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    not really... you have to fly especially for business. LoLoL.

saka hindi naman hinigpitan ang security sa airports afaik.

so its all good mah babeh.
  • List of airlines from the Philippines which have been banned by European Union:
    1. AEROEQUIPEMENT
    2. AVIATION
    3. AIR ASIA PHILIPPINES
    4. AIR JUAN AVIATION
    5. AIR PHILIPPINES CORPORATION
    6. ASIA AIRCRAFT OVERSEAS PHILIPPINES INC.
    7. ASIAN AEROSPACE CORPORATION
    8. ASTRO AIR INTERNATIONAL
    9. AYALA AVIATION CORP.
    10. CANADIAN HELICOPTERS PHILIPPINES INC.
    11. CEBU PACIFIC AIR
    12. CM AERO SERVICES
    13. CYCLONE AIRWAYS
    14. FAR EAST AVIATION SERVICES
    15. INAEC AVIATION CORP.
    16. INTERISLAND AIRLINES
    17. ISLAND AVIATION
    18. ISLAND TRANSVOYAGER
    19. LION AIR
    20. MACRO ASIA AIR TAXI SERVICES
    21. MAGNUM AIR
    22. MISIBIS AVIATION & DEVELOPMENT CORP
    23. NORTHSKY AIR INC.
    24. OMNI AVIATION CORP.
    25. ROYAL AIR CHARTER SERVICES INC.
    26. ROYAL STAR AVIATION
    27. SOUTH EAST ASIAN AIRLINES
    28. SOUTH EAST ASIAN AIRLINES (SEAIR) INTERNATIONAL
    29. SOUTHERN AIR FLIGHT SERVICES
    30. SUBIC SEAPLANE, INC.
    31. WCC AVIATION COMPANY
    32. ZEST AIRWAYS INCORPORATED

Complete list HERE.

Caveat emptor.

~The_truther
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've flied.. joke :D , flown 10 times since that vanishing plane news. So no, di nagbago view ko. Aisle seat kasi lagi ako... joke ulit :lol:
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    No. I believe if it's your time to go then it will happen regardless if it's a plane crash or in other ways.

One tip that I've heard before and rings true now is that if the entire family is going on a vacation, make sure to book flights into 2 groups. This is so that if accidents like a plane crash happens, your family won't get wiped out in one fell swoop.
  • MabuheyMabuhey PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Una una Lang iyan.. Kung mamamatay ka na , mamamatay na talaga .. Meron nga gusto na mamamatay , kaya yun nag suicide na .. Yung iba nga mamamatay pa lang .. :D
  • in a way yes, but it will not stop me from flying, andami pang nasa bucket list ko no! :lol:

but it made me rethink about buying an insurance whenever i fly. yes, i have life insurance but travel insurance might be worth it.
  • daddyjihadidaddyjihadi PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nalala ako mayroon kaming speaker sa college nuon. Cancer patient siya at CEO siguro mid=late nineties ito. I think he died shortly after this.

Hindi ito exact, pero ito yung nalala ko kasi talagang powerful yung sinabi niya. "Good question, do I have any regrets? Well as you can see I may not have very much time so in that sense I regret that I may not see more of the world, I may not make love to my wife, I may not enjoy foods I haven't tasted. I may not hear rock concerts, crying of my future grandchildren. But I'm very selfish if I said I regret anything at all for the things I DID do rather than the things I only dream about and haven't done. For things I haven't done, that's no loss to me because I've not put any time on them. You can't regret something you haven't done anything for. For the things I did do though, man I put all the hours, all the days, all the years. Those times I owed to myself. And I loved every single one of them moments. Because I dared to go out when no one was, because I bet on things no one believed in, I did things out of passion. I did many things that should've killed me and enjoyed my life to the fullest? Why, it would be very unfair for me to say that I who enjoy my life till my last breath, lived opulent from millions I made, from people I've met, experiences I've felt. It would be unfair for me to say I regret life when I enjoyed it. The ones who should I feel sorry for are those who hid and played it safe, because they can't say the same I can today, that I'm leaving this world a very happy man."

Ito summary ng prinsipiyo ko sa buhay. Pwede kang maging safe, kung hindi mag-fly. Kung magtago ka sa ilalim ng bato para hindi ka mapatay ng tao. Pero ang mga taong 100% safe ay 100% unhappy. Kahit naman magtago ka ilalim ng lupa pwede ka pa ding mamatay ng atake sa puso. At ang sabi ng iba dito, milyo milyong flights sa isang taon, ilang beses ma MH370? 270 ata nasa plane na iyon, ilang milyon milyon ang taong lumilipad araw araw wala namang nangyari?

Yan ang magyayari kung puro iniisip mo sa buhay ay yung masama kaysa sa maganda. Isa lang buhay natin, pwedeng mo gastusin oras mo maging 'safe' o i-take mo risk na sumaya ka sa buhay. Magtravel etc. ganyan. Mas gugustuhin ko pag iyon na talaga ang hahatnan ng tadhana, na maikling buhay na masaya, kaysa naman mahabang buhay na maraming regrets. *okay*