PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

The Meaning of Life

What is the meaning of life? -- enligthen me please...

Comments

• bagyoboybagyoboy Just do it! PExer
    Very broad. Different people would give you different answers depending on their worldview:

1. Atheism: As there is no intelligent being who planned it all, life only has what meaning we humans choose to give it. Some would give it no meaning.

2. Hinduism, Buddhism, New Age Thinking: Meaning in life comes through realising who we are in our oneness with the divine spirit. There are no criteria for judging true from false religious experience. "I believe" tends to become "I feel".

3. Postmodernism: There is a strong emphasis on individualism. In the American court case Planned Parenthood v. Casey, in justifying the abortion license, the court declared that it is up to each individual to determine "the concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life."

4. Christianity: God has created humans "in his own likeness" with self-consciousness, freedom to make choices, moral accountability, intelligence, and spiritual qualities that enable us to relate personally to him. His desire is that we should enter into the loving relationships that already exist within the persons of the divine Trinity, and enjoy fellowship with him, both in this life and through eternity. We have messed things up by our waywardness, but he has acted in Jesus Christ to restore that fellowship.
  • WhirrledWhirrled Guess Who's Back? PExer
    There's an existing thread on this topic already: Does Life really have meaning?

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file