PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

The Truth

WhirrledWhirrled Guess Who's Back? PExer
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view
~Obi-Wan Kenobi

:)

Comments

• kurnelkurnel Out Cold PExer
    Originally posted by Whirrled
    Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view
    ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Amen to that :) . Truth is relative. Fact isn't
  • rampagerampage reinventing eve PExer
    TRUTHS ARE FACTS, BUT NOT ALL FACTS ARE TRUE...DI BA?OH NALILITO NA BA KO..KASI NAMAN FEELING PHILOSOPHER EK-EK.:lol:

OHMIGOD, FEELING KO PANGGULO KO SA REALM OF THOUGHT.
  • WhirrledWhirrled Guess Who's Back? PExer
    Originally posted by kurnel

Amen to that :) . Truth is relative. Fact isn't

care to give examples?

Thanks

Archeology is the study of fact not truth.
    If you want the truth there's a Philosophy class right down the hall

~ Indiana Jones

care to give examples?

Thanks

Archeology is the study of fact not truth.
    If you want the truth there's a Philosophy class right down the hall

~ Indiana Jones

The Taliban are fighting a battle that they believe to be in defense of Islam. Other Muslims don't agree with them. What is the truth? It depends on which side your on

Sorry if that's a little shallow :D

The Taliban are fighting a battle that they believe to be in defense of Islam. Other Muslims don't agree with them. What is the truth? It depends on which side your on

Sorry if that's a little shallow :D

Thanks!

There's another thread about the Truth and their god . . . well, I guess this just goes to show that god is indeed relative (if not non-existent).

Thanks!

There's another thread about the Truth and their god . . . well, I guess this just goes to show that god is indeed relative (if not non-existent).

God cannot be relative, otherwise, He wouldn't be God. How YOU perceive is.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you may conceive
    him to be

Desiderata

God cannot be relative, otherwise, He wouldn't be God. How YOU perceive is.

could you please expound on this?

thanks

• NoesisNoesis D' magical dragon =) PExer
    I don't know, but it seems...

"the Truth is, there is no Truth."

could you please expound on this?

thanks

A god comprehended is not God
    ~Rene Descartes

The very idea of god is relative as you can see. However, what makes god, God? He is beyond the reach or man's comprehension. He is absolute, and His "absoluteness" goes way beyond the idea of "absoluteness" that man can grasp. Given man's individual attempts, different definitions will come up, but none of them will encompass the meaning of what God really is in totality, because if they do, that "object" which is understood is not God. How you perceive God may not be wrong (for all you know, that's the closest definition that man has gotten), but it can never encompass the whole meaning of the idea of God . Therefore, how you perceive God is relative, but He is not.

Hope that helped :D
  • crusadercrusader Does it matter!? PExer
    truth is what you believe in, and the fact is what actually is.
  • libertyliberty Queen of the Bums PExer
    the truth exists in the Forms (Plato)
  • DeltaMikeDeltaMike newbie PExer
    Hi,

I have been reading Pex for a year and this is my first post.
    I have no intention of stirring tempers or moods here and I just wanted to share something we need to think about and enlighten ourselves for us to make a difference starting within ourselves and make this world a better place. Let us spread the word to the world that we will change lives for righteousness for the benefit of mankind.

I call this "The Universal Truth"

Words To Live By - from the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ
    • "AS IT IS WRITTEN, THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE"
    • "FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, THE FATHER."
    • "WHEREFORE, AS BY ONE MAN'S SIN ENTERED THE WORLD, AND DEATH BY SIN; AND SO DEATH PASSED UPON ALL MEN, FOR THAT ALL HAVE SINNED."
    • "FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; BUT THE GIFT OF GOD THE FATHER IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD."
    • "FOR GOD THE FATHER SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."
    • "... FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."

MESSAGE TO ALL MANKIND

"FOLLOW THESE RULES, LIVE IN YOUR HEART THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, THRU THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD THE FATHER, AND WORLD WILL NOT BE PUNISHED AND BE SAVED."

Let us make a difference within ourselves, spread and live the word and let us save the world.
  • DeltaMikeDeltaMike newbie PExer
    Hi,

Correction: one statement is missing:

• "THAT IF YOU CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH THE LORD JESUS, AND SHALL BELIEVE IN THINE HEART THAT GOD THE FATHER HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, THOU SHALT BE SAVED. FOR WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS AND WITH THE MOUTH CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION."
    • "... FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."
  • angdaanangdaan Zion's Daughter PExer
    This is the truth
    As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. John 8:40

The TRUTH is JESUS CHRIST IS A MAN TELLING THE TRUTH he heard from the Lord God.
    After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. - John 17:1,3

The TRUTH will bring ETERNAL LIFE. How? by knowing or believing that the FATHER is the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ is sent by God.
  • SacrosanctSacrosanct Kegare Sawari PExer
    Originally posted by Noesis
    I don't know, but it seems...

"the Truth is, there is no Truth."

right! :D
  • Hot PantsHot Pants The Dagger PExer
    what each of us perceive as a fact is the truth.... but the truth is that the standard and absolute basis on where each of us perceive our truth is fact itself. geez! i hope that made sense! :D

:goon:
  • jmartyrjmartyr Juan 15:13 PExer
    :shrug: "...walang totoo"

:vale: "...merong tunay na totoo"

eh di isa lang ang nagsasabi sa kanila ng totoo. merong palang katotohanan, sa makatuwid! *okay*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file