FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Ateneo MVT & WVT: Happy and Heartstrong, One Big Fight! (Thread IV)

elhyelhy PAPATAYIN KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!! PExer
The future looks bright for both teams.

The Ateneo WVT being the defending champions are expected to get even more stronger come Season 77.

The Ateneo MVT with Marck Espejo - although they failed to bag this year's crown - can still be title contenders in Season 77.

Comments

• ILovePandayILovePanday Member ✭✭✭
    Heart Strong.....hopefully coach tai will be back soon to train the new eagles..
  • JunreyCioJunreyCio Thee Wrecker PExer
    New thread, new era for the Champion Team!!

ADMU%20vs%20DLSU-36.jpg

Di pa nasagot ang tanong na 'to. Bakit tinakpan ang logo ng Fudgee Bar?
  • ILovePandayILovePanday Member ✭✭✭
    @JunreyCio sponsor pa ba sila? parang hindi binanggit ni aly.. or fudgee bar ba rebisco din?
  • JunreyCioJunreyCio Thee Wrecker PExer
    @JunreyCio sponsor pa ba sila? parang hindi binanggit ni aly.. or fudgee bar ba rebisco din?

Rebisco ang Fudgee Bar. Isa sa pinasalamatan ni Aly ang Rebisco, sponsor parin ata nila.
  • alindahawalindahaw Cafe..Waiting..Love ✭✭✭✭
    Ang ganda ng article about Coach Tai nabasa ko sa Getblued fb. March 3 pa pala dapat siya umuwi (request ng kanyang National Team) kaso na derailed dahil nanalo ang ALE sa bulldogs. And yesterday nasa Thailand na dapat sya dahil me reunion ang kanilang school. Hanep :)
  • shinshinshinshin Do Not Resuscitate PExer
    1471977_769726449707554_441590668_n_zps4e47aded.jpg

ctto
  • Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member ✭✭✭✭
    alindahaw wrote: »
    Ang ganda ng article about Coach Tai nabasa ko sa Getblued fb. March 3 pa pala dapat siya umuwi (request ng kanyang National Team) kaso na derailed dahil nanalo ang ALE sa bulldogs. And yesterday nasa Thailand na dapat sya dahil me reunion ang kanilang school. Hanep :)
    Wow! He went against the request of the Thai national team?! Talk about commitment to his Lady Eagles. :handsdown:

Seriously, Ateneo should give coach Tai a multi-year contract.
  • elhyelhy PAPATAYIN KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!! PExer
    ayokong pangunahan ang Ateneo management but with Coach Tai's dedication, he deserves a salary that's higher than what he's receiving as Thai Juniors National Coach.

I'm not saying that's necessary, but I think that's small compared to what he's actually worth.
  • zugunruhezugunruhe Member PExer
    Alam namin na kaya namin malampasan ang do-or-die matches dahil sa training pala ni coach namamatay na kami.

Natatawa ako dito, hahaha. Ang witty ni Alyssa.

Pero alam ko na pamatay talaga trainings nila... twice a day pa lol
  • zugunruhezugunruhe Member PExer
    Coach Tai has a large salary, hahaha. Alam ko tinatapatan nila salary niya sa Thailand according to an article a while back.

Kahit hindi nanalo Fab 5, thankful pa din ako sa kanila, dahil sa narating nila nagkaroon ng funding from sponsors and alumni :)
  • zzanezzane Member PExer
    Hakot award goes to AlyDen :love:
  • letran_jletran_j Member ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable transformation of Kiwi's over-all skills this year! :) She owned the middle position this series :bop:

Ami > Mika (Finals)
    Ateneo’s finals stint is coach’s point of no return

ateneo-defeats-lasalle-finals-game4-volleyball-40-1024x682.jpg

Winning a championship in team sport is no accident — it is the result of strategy, hardwork, skills development, and a superior collective psyche that results in superior teamwork. The first factor — strategy — comes from coaching.

The Ateneo Lady Eagles women’s volleyball team won its first-ever University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) under the watch of rookie head coach, Anusorn Bundit, who is also the concurrent head coach of the under-16 women’s volleyball team of Thailand.

Of course, overcoming a thrice-to-beat disadvantage and winning all five do-or-die games is no accident, but it could be said that Ateneo’s appointment of the Thai coach, who is popular for his mantra “HeartStrong” and his trademark sideline dance, may have come accidentally.

Initially hired as consultant, he was named head coach with his contract covering only five months.

In fact, he had booked a flight to his homeland Bangkok last March 3 upon the insistence of the national team there. However, his players in Loyola did not allow that — they defeated the twice-to-beat National University on March 1.

In addition, he was supposed to be in Bangkok on the very day his Lady Eagles clinched their first UAAP championship: it was the 25th anniversary reunion of his high school batch.

But the Lady Eagles seem to want to derail his commitments in Thailand.

‘He wants to go home’

“Uwing-uwi na sya (he wants go home),” said Tony Boy Liao, the Lady Eagles team manager. “He has his schedule in Thailand fixed, but the girls, they just love to play, and they really love the man. They want him to stay for two more weeks.”

“And they compensated for his extended stay here by winning the championship,” he continued.

As for Bundit, he considers his coaching stint in Manila his most memorable.

“I’m happy, to see the crowd [of] 20,000, it’s happy here,” he said in a hoarse voice, declining to explicate his feelings as he was pointing to his strained throat.

According to Liao, the maximum crowd for a volleyball game in Bangkok is 10,000. “And that’s for the World Volleyball Grand Prix. Here, the crowd for a collegiate game is 20,000. It’s his first time to coach under such a big crowd.”

Liao also continued that he invited Bundit on a “consultancy basis,” as the Thai coach was supposed to be with the team for one-to-two months.

“Magaling sya sa mga bata (he is good in coaching younger players),” said Liao. “That’s his assignment in Thailand, coaching grassroots players. Our team is rebuilding, the veteran core from last year was gone and three rookies are included in our new core. So we want to develop them for us to be competitive this season as our target is to enter the Final Four.”

“But what he taught to the girls is something different. It’s a mix of fundamentals and motivation. So there, I offered him the head coaching job and a five-month contract that exceeded five months. In fact, he’ll be flying tomorrow (March 16),” explained Liao.

For the Lady Eagles, playing under Bundit is something life changing.

‘Magaan ang dating’

“Mas magaan ang dating. (The feeling is lighter),” said season best libero Denden Lazaro. “Yes, my body may have suffered a beating this season, but he makes the negative positive. The repetitive routines, the long hours in training, it all paid off even if we find it boring and time-consuming.

Then he taught us meditation. It unloaded the pressure of practice and competition and it made us happy despite the hardship. So even if we lost a lot of time in practice, winning the championship is the happiest moment in my life.”

“Minsan naiinis na kami sa kanya (sometimes we’re getting annoyed by him),” said Valdez in a previous interview, referring to Bundit’s “national team-style” of practice. “We’re student-athletes, not national team members. But the thing is, he has this aura of mystery and we keep on questioning why is he making us do the same things over and over and when we execute it in the game, our questions are answered. We became better players, and not only that, better persons.”

For rookie spiker Michelle Morente, playing under Bundit made her feel special.

“He makes everything positive that even if he criticizes me, it does not make me down,” she said in a previous interview. “His teachings are very effective and when he makes me realize my weaknesses, he’ll show his appreciation when I correct my mistakes. He wants me to play my best even if the opponent is stronger than me.”

And it all worked for her. Morente became the top scorer in Game One of the Finals, when Ateneo walloped La Salle in sets two to four after giving up the first set. In the finals, she emerged as the third leading scorer of the champion squad.

“Mich is the most special player in the team,” said Valdez. “She’s the earliest in practice and she would often practice in gym alone. Coach Tai personally gives her pointers and she’s the most eager in learning from him.”

And Bundit’s coaching philosophy was reflected in the Lady Eagles, as they won seven straight games when he returned from a short stint in Thailand–from Ateneo’s second-round win versus Adamson to their Game One win versus La Salle.

During those games, the Lady Eagles would just heartily share a laugh with him during 30-second timeouts. They were also seen to be meditating in three-minute timeouts between sets. This kind of demeanor made them mentally prepared for the games as the Lady Eagles seemed to be enjoying every moment of the competition, win or lose.

It is uncertain though if the Philippine volleyball world will see Bundit coach the Lady Eagles again. But one thing is for sure, he has stamped an indelible imprint in Philippine volleyball.

“Yes, one day, [the] Philippines will be great in volleyball,” Bundit, again pointing to his throat, said when asked if the Philippines will be a volleyball power in Southeast Asia.

“But I have to go home now,” he ended as he gave this writer a warm embrace.

On his way to the dugout, he carried his huge backpack which he always brings to the press room. Certainly, it contains a bag full of stories on his way to Bangkok.

ateneo-defeats-lasalle-finals-game4-volleyball-68-1024x682.jpg
    Bi08bLUCMAADjd-.jpg
    letran_j wrote: »
    Unbelievable transformation of Kiwi's over-all skills this year! :) She owned the middle position this series :bop:

Ami > Mika (Finals)

True! She's underrated, imo :)
    JunreyCio wrote: »
    Rebisco ang Fudgee Bar. Isa sa pinasalamatan ni Aly ang Rebisco, sponsor parin ata nila.
    Rebisco nalang yata ang sponsor nila.

Kasi kung sponsor pa rin nila ang Fudgee Bar, eh di sana pinasalamatan din ni Alyssa at hindi sana tinakpan yung logo sa tarpaulin nila. Medyo weird lang kasi nasa uniform pa rin nila yung logo ng Fudgee Bar. :shrug:
    Aside from the championship, what were some of your favourite moments from this season? :)
  • reshiramreshiram Baliw Pero Meron. ✭✭✭
    Sarap sa feeling makalaro ilan sa AMVT! hahaha. :) Fan na nila ako. lol. Bitter pa rin ako dahil wala pa akong pic with Jia. Buti pa roommates ko. huhu. :(
  • barronlouisebarronlouise Member PExer
    New Thread for the Defending Champions(it's so good to hear after being a lady eagles fan since season 72)

The ladies are not anymore bridesmaid, but now they are the bride.

So much for the happy ending of the de la salle lady spikers, sweeping the elimination, having the advantage of thrice of beat, and having beaten the lady eagles twice in the elimination, It's a bile that is hard to swallow.

It's three for Coach Ramil De Jesus(First Round,Second Round and Game Two)
    And also
    It's three for Tai(Games One,three and four)

But coach tai wins the series so it's 1-0!!

maka 3-peat lang tayo(until baldo's last playing year which is season 78, unless she do a gumabao,if you know what i mean)

Eto starting six ko next season shete tagal na hintayan nanaman to!!

Open: Valdez, De Jesus, Gequillana
    Middle: Gopico/Derder
    Utility: Morente
    Setter: Lavitoria/Morado
    Libero: Lazaro/G.Tan

Sana talaga mag stay si Amy na maging Middle, grabe after all this years ang magpapatahimik sa middle ng la salle ay na sa bangko lang pala!!

Grabe vast improvement ika nga, si Amy talaga ang X Factor in this championship title, she deserved to be the Finals MVP

and as for coach tai, sana kahit 5years lang! At kung umalis sya kunin nila *** national coach ng Japan hahaha!!!

Well ito muna ang haba na nito lol
  • immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn Volleyball Vanguard
    letran_j wrote: »

Ami > Mika (Finals)

jusko so true !! nagulat talaga ako kay teh kiwi !! :wow::handsdown:
This discussion has been closed.