Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Female Celebrities

BEA ALONZO vs. ANGEL LOCSIN movie queen, rivalries, best actresses

bea alonzo was proclaimed MOVIE QUEEN recently by abs cbn.. but bea cannot be alone. she needs a rival to continue her rule.. and angel locsin suited best as her rival...

they were launched to stardom in 2004..

bea in now that i have you and angel in sigaw

just like any other stars and movie queens , they had loveteam..

bea is to johnlloyd cruz vs. angel to richard guttierez...

from teenstar sa mga pakilig, pa cute, pa loveteam

to matured, adult and serious role.. they are in..

and silang dalawa lang pwedeng i compared sa mga movie queens.....

from gloria romero and nida blanca

to susan roces and amalia fuentez

to nora aunor and vilma santos

to sharon cuneta and maricel soriano..

they are todays best actressses ..

Comments

• in terms of longevity, masasabi mo silang dalawa ang nagpapaligsahan...

in terms of quality movies silang 2 pa rin..

everybody called them the finest actress of these generation...

and now pareho silang nominated as best actress sa stars award na gaganapin bukas..
    sa iisang pelikula.. FSAAW.
  • Angel Locsin vs Bea Alonzo for 2014 PMPC Best Actress plum

bea-alonzo-angel-locsin-best-actress.jpg

Angel Locsin and Bea Alonzo are battling it out once again for PMPC's acting nod this year. Both kapamilya actresses are nominated for Best Actress for their performance in Star Cinema blockbuster movie Four Sisters And A Wedding which also stars Shaina Magdayao and Toni Gonzaga.

Watch their heated confrontation from the movie. Who deserves better?
    Both actresses were also nominated for last year in the same category. Locsin for her performance as Grace in One More Try and Alonzo as Sari in The Mistress. The former was declared the winner.

Other actresses nominated are Vilma Santos (Ekstra) and Nora Aunor (Ange Kwento Ni Mabuti), KC Concepcion (Boy Golden), Rustica Carpio (Ano ang Kulay ng mga Nakalimutang Pangarap?), and Lorna Tolentino (Burgos).

Read related story: 30th PMPC Star Awards for Movies list of nominees announced
  • Congratulations Angel and Bea on your Best Actress Nominations, well deserve. Sana manalo kayong pareho *okay*
  • rainbowcolorsrainbowcolors PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pinaka love ko si Angel Locsin.
    But Im also a fan of Sarah and Bea :)
    For Gel to be compared with Bea, for me it is an honor. Both Bea and Angel are indeed brilliant actresses. One of my wishes, is mgsama sila as hosts sa isang project :)

Hope this thread wont be an awayan thread, a venue for flame baiters. lets have them deleted from this forum.
  • marygugumarygugu Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    viper01 wrote: »
    Congratulations Angel and Bea on your Best Actress Nominations, well deserve. Sana manalo kayong pareho *okay*

congrats bea and angel sa nomination.:)

kailan ba gaganapin? :love::love:
  • Walang warlahan at bawal ang nega, they are both great actress and beautiful inside out
  • So far for now mas marami na ang acting award ni Angel compare to Bea, but in time Bea will have her moment, congrats both
  • this thread was created not for bashing..

but for fans matured enough to understand...

i've been a fan since the time of susan and amalia. nora vilma at sharon maricel..

a movie queen cannot stand alone. she needs a rival for longevity..

a rival even in high or lowest time...

movie queens are iconic role and they became legend in the industry.. and i believe bea and angel are going there..
  • loida_veranoloida_verano Australian Open 2020 Participant 🎾
    both great actresses. walang tulak kabigin. kahit nanalo si KC as Best Actress kagabi, congrats pa rin kina Bea and Angel.
  • BEA ALONZO PROFILE
    march 25, 2008

Bea Alonzo is one of the most admired young actresses in the Philippines.
    In early 2003, she caused quite a stir among critics and teleserye buffs alike, receiving critical acclaim for her performance as awkward nerdy girl turned feisty law student Katrina Argos in ABS-CBN’s Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay. Her convincing portrayal of a 21-year old in spite of being only 15 at the time and her strong chemistry with on-screen partner, John Lloyd Cruz brought kilig surges to every household in the Philippines and abroad.

The overwhelming response of the “accidental teleserye couple” was unexpected. The two are now known as one of the country’s premiere loveteams, not only known for their sizzling chemistry but for their powerful acting prowess.

The media quickly took notice of her sheer talent. The Philippine Star’s columnist Ricky Lo was once quoted, “she acts with the intensity of a veteran even if she’s actually a relative greenhorn.” In Star Studio magazine’s October 2003 issue, Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay co-director Don Cuaresma exclaimed that Bea has “the masa appeal of Sharon Cuneta, the intensity of Maricel Soriano, and the acting range of Lorna Tolentino

People don’t really know what it is. Where she gets the spirit or the motivation for the gripping performances. Maybe it’s her obvious passion for acting, whatever it is she plays the role with such complexity, precision and depth. With her emotions mirroring in her eyes.

]After Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay, she remains to be popular among teleserye fans in the Philippines and abroad with her follow-up dramas: It Might Be You and Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin. She is currently filming her fourth drama with John Lloyd Cruz,

Since her movie launch, My First Romance in 2002, Bea has top-billed five more films and has constantly earned movie critics’ approvals:

“Once again, Bea Alonzo fills the screen with the stellar presence of a movie queen, a winsome, breezy demeanor, infectious verve – and the ability th charm her way into the viewer’s hearts.” — Rito P. Asilo’s Close to You review, Philippine Daily Inquirer 2/18/2006

“The film’s biggest asset is really Bea Alonzo. The camera just loves her and, properly nurtured, we have no doubt she’d be an even bigger star in the near future.” — Mario Bautista’s Dreamboy review, Malaya 2005
    She continues to prove her versatility with different projects: making movies, dramas, TV guestings, hosdorsements.
  • Angel Locsin

Breakthrough and GMA Network (2004-2007)

In August 2004, Locsin starred in the fantasy-themed TV series Mulawin, alongside Richard Gutierrez, wherein she portrayed, "Alwina", one of the two main protagonists.[1] The show was a huge success and received high ratings until its finale on March 2005.[1][4]
    Following the success of Mulawin, Locsin was cast in the title role as Darna in the 2005 fantasy-themed TV series of the same name. The show was also highly regarded by the public, gaining immensely high ratings and surpassing the records set by her previous TV show. Darna's pilot week average is 50.08% and its highest rating was 52.1% while the lowest was 33.3%.
    Locsin starred in another fantasy-themed TV series, Majika, together with Dennis Trillo, which was aired from March to September 2006. She played the role of Sabina, a seemingly ordinary girl who lived in the world of mortals but is unknowingly the one destined to become the most powerful female magician. Afterwards, she was cast in Asian Treasures, opposite Robin Padilla. It was the first Philippine TV series that was shot in multiple countries such as Mongolia, Thailand and China. The show was aired from January to June 2007. Both shows were also well received.[1]

ABS-CBN (2007-present)

Locsin at the Manila International Airport in 2007.
    In August 2007, Locsin signed a two-year exclusive contract with ABS-CBN.[5] Her first acting appearance with the network was via Maalaala Mo Kaya in the episode "Pilat". Her performance gained her the Star Award for TV for Best Single Performance by an Actress. By January 2008, she launched her first drama series with the network entitled Lobo, together with Piolo Pascual in the lead role. She earned an International Emmy Award for Best Performance by an Actress nomination for her performance in the series.
    In 2009, Locsin starred in the top-rated TV series, Only You, a Philippine remake of the Korean drama of the same title aired by SBS Korea in 2005. She starred alongside Sam Milby and Diether Ocampo. The show was directed by Rory Quintos.
    Later in 2010, she starred in the TV series Imortal, the sequel to her earlier work, Lobo, together with John Lloyd Cruz. It was directed by Chito Ro?o.

Films

Locsin's first film appearance was in 2000 via Ping Lacson Supercop, wherein she played the role of a young Robina Gokongwei. She later on made a cameo appearance in Mano Po 2 in 2003 and starred in the teen-oriented movie Kuya in 2004 as well as in the comedy film Singles. Also, she starred in the drama film Mano Po III: My Love and in the horror film Sigaw which were both entries to the 2004 Metro Manila Film Festival.
    In 2005, Locsin with Richard Gutierrez starred in the romantic film Let the Love Begin, released under GMA Films. She and Gutierrez also reprised their roles as Alwina and Aguiluz in the movie adaptation of the TV series Mulawin, which was an entry to the 2005 Metro Manila Film Festival.
    Early in 2006, Locsin starred in the romantic movie I Will Always Love You. She also starred in the horror film TxT and in the romantic drama-comedy film Mano Po 5. The latter was an entry to the 2006 Metro Manila Film Festival.
    Locsin reunited with Gutierrez in the romantic drama film The Promise in 2007 where their roles were considered more mature than the previous films they both starred in. She had also produced her own film entitled Angels, which was shown in theaters on April 2007.
    In 2009, she starred in the movie Love Me Again together with Piolo Pascual in the lead titles and made a cameo in the romantic comedy film, My Amnesia Girl in 2010.

Locsin gained critical acclaim in her 2011 drama film with Aga Muhlach, In the Name of Love. Her performance garnered her several accolades including the Star Award for Movies for Movie Actress of the Year, the Gawad PASADO Award for Pinakapasadong Aktres, and a nomination for best actress at the FAMAS Awards.
    She reunited with John Lloyd Cruz in the romantic comedy film Unofficially Yours in 2012 and then starred, together with Dingdong Dantes and Angelica Panganiban in the drama film One More Try, Star Cinema's entry to the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival. Locsin's performance in the latter was highly praised by film critics and media personalities and earned her the Star Award for Movies for Movie Actress of the Year for the second year in a row, the FAMAS Award for Best Actress and the Film Academy of the Philippines Award for Best Actress.
  • kailangan patas..walang lamangan..kung may dagdag info.paki lagay...

thank you...
  • the making of a movie queen....

stars come and go, but movie queens stayed longer than any other stars..

they became icons and pillars of the industry, and eventually legend..

movie queens started as a youngstars o teenage stars...

tinitilian, hinahangaan at nagkakaroon ng maraming fans...

pinipilahan ang mga movies at binibili ang lahat nga bagay na related sa kanila..

mayroon silang loveteam na naging katulong nila para umangat ang kareer...

at sa lahat ng artista ngayon na nasa 20's tanging si bea at angel ang qualified..

as a teenage stars doing pa cute, pa kilig, pa romcom at pa loveteam na movie

na naging boxoffice hits. only the 2 qualified..
  • cielo_ba wrote: »
    the making of a movie queen....

stars come and go, but movie queens stayed longer than any other stars..

they became icons and pillars of the industry, and eventually legend..

movie queens started as a youngstars o teenage stars...

tinitilian, hinahangaan at nagkakaroon ng maraming fans...

pinipilahan ang mga movies at binibili ang lahat nga bagay na related sa kanila..

mayroon silang loveteam na naging katulong nila para umangat ang kareer...

at sa lahat ng artista ngayon na nasa 20's tanging si bea at angel ang qualified..

as a teenage stars doing pa cute, pa kilig, pa romcom at pa loveteam na movie

na naging boxoffice hits. only the 2 qualified..

after the era of being a teenage star.

comes a movie more matured than the previous one..

and in this era only bea and angel was able to do so...

they graduated from rom com, pa cute to more matured movies..

and they succeded..

movies that are critically and well made.. acting wise..

10 o 20 years from now.. one more chance... the mistress, and i love you so from bea alonzo..

in the name of love, one more try.. for angel locsin

are classics. ...

• Sam Milby talks about leading ladies Angel Locsin and Bea Alonzo

7/12/2009 1:04 AM
    by: ABS-CBN Corporate Communications
    Push This
    Sinabi ni Sam Milby na exact opposite ang kanyang dalawang leading ladies na sina Angel Locsin at Bea Alonzo. Aniya, one of the boys si Angel samantalang mahinhin naman si Bea. Katambal ni Sam si Angel sa top-rating na teleseryeng Only You habang leading lady naman niya si Bea sa upcoming movie na And I Love You So.

Si Bea ang unang nakatrabho ni Sam sa pelikulang Close to You at sa dating teleserye na Maging Sino Ka Man habang ang pinakaunang crush ni Sam sa showbiz during Pinoy Big Brother days pa lang niya ay si Angel na nasa kabilang istasyon pa.

“Si Angel, hindi siya girly-girly at all. Talagang parang tinitingnan ko siya as one of the guys,” simula ni Sam. “She is sporty, fun and outgoing.” On the other hand, si Bea naman daw ay mas pino kung kumilos at very feminine.

Pagdating naman sa pagkatao, saludo rin si Sam sa dalawa dahil parehong maganda ang kalooban. Nakikita raw niya kung bakit marami ang nababaitan at nagmamahal kay Angel habang si Bea naman ay mabait at responsableng tao sa kanyang pamilya.

“She is such a loving person. She is very generous,” paglalarawan ni Sam kay Angel. “Lahat ng tao sa set pinapansin niya. Minsan, you don’t make pansin sa ibang tao, pero siya sa lahat ng tao. She’s so mabait. I think that’s one reason na tumagal siya sa showbiz. It’s because of her personality. The way she treats other people, ‘yung ibang artista hindi namamansin, ‘di ba? How generous she is, how humble she is kahit gaano kasikat ‘yung level niya. She’s so humble even sa mga fans din.
    “Bea naman is really a hard worker. I find her such an amazing actress,” paglalarawan ni Sam sa former I Love Betty La Fea star. “I’m just amazed with her talent in acting. She’s a very caring person also, especially with her family. Kahit bata pa rin siya (Bea is 21), she’s able to take control of everything. She’s able to support her family. She’s very mature.”

Very safe naman ang sagot ni Sam nang tanungin kung sino sa dalawa ang mas gusto niya. Aniya pareho niyang type ang dalawa. Gusto niya ng babaeng pino kung kumilos gaya ni Bea subalit masaya rin ang magkaroon ng kasamang babae na sporty type gaya ni Angel. “Bilang lalaki, I think the guys want a girl you can [relate to]. I’m a sporty naman myself and I like a girl who can relate to my sports,” ani Sam.
  • Video%2B48%2BBlog-First%2BHeader3.jpg

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

RICHARD GUTIERREZ AND ANGEL LOCSIN: LOVE TEAM OF THE 2000s # 2

Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin+photo-sf.jpg

Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin first appeared together as fraternal twins Charlie and Enzo, in GMA 7 teen-oriented show, Click. Richard was then paired with Chynna Ortaleza, his first onscreen partner and Angel, with Brian Revilla and Railey Valeroso. The two were finally paired in 2004 when GMA 7 cast them in a TV series, Mulawin, as lovers Aguiluz and Alwina. The response was overwhelming and made it number one. A movie version came out a year later. After doing Sigaw, a horror-thriller, they were cast in 2005 in Let the Love Begin, their first Valentine movie, a tradition they did in 2006, I Will Always Love You and 2007, The Promise. Though the last movie they did was well received by fans, their love team suddenly ended when Angel decided to leave GMA 7 and signed a contract with rival station, ABS-CBN 2.

Mr+%26+Ms+Magazine-+2007-+Richard+Gutierrez+%26+Angel+Locsin-+article-sf.jpg

Mr. & Ms. Magazine/ March 2007
    ---to read, click image to enlarge---
    Mano+Po+2-2003-+Susan+Roces-+Christoher+de+Leon-sf.jpg
    "Mano Po 2: My Home" (2003)-Stars Susan Roces, Christopher de Leon, Lorna Tolentino, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Kris Aquino, Judy Ann Santos, Carmina Villaroel, Jay Manalo, Cogie Domingo, Richard Gutierez, Zoren Legaspi, Alessandra de Rossi, Karylle, Chynna Ortaleza, Angel Locsin/ Directed by Erik Matti

Sigaw-+2004-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-+Back-sf.jpg
    "Sigaw" (2004)- Stars Richard Gutierrez, Angel Locsin, Jomari Yllana, James Blanco, Iza Calzado, Ronnie Lazaro, Ella Guevarra/Directed by Yam Laranas
    Mulawin-2005-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-sf.jpg

Mulawin-2005-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-+Back-sf.jpg
    "Mulawin: The Movie" (2005)- Stars Richard Gutierrez, Angel Locsin, Dingdong Dantes, Dennis Trillio, Iza Calzado, Karylle, Bianca King, Michael de Mesa, Valerie Concepcion, Sunshine Dizon, Carmina Villaroel, Eddie Gutierrez, Zoren Legaspi, Amy Austria/ Directed by Dominic Zapata
    Let+the+Love+Begin-+2005-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-+Front-sf.jpg
    Let+the+Love+Begin-+2005-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-+Back2-sf.jpg

"Let the Love Begin (2005)- Stars Richard Gutierrez, Angel Locsin, Mark Herras, Jennylyn Mercado, Gloria Romero, Paolo Contis, Bearwin Meily, Tuesday Vargas, Polo Ravales, Tonton Gutierrez, Nanette Inventor/ Directed by Mac Alejandre
    Mano+Po+5-+2006-+Richard+Gutierrez-+Angel+Locsin-sf.jpg
    "Mano Po 5: Gua Ai Di (I Love You)" (2006)- Stars Richard Gutierrez, Angel Locsin, Lorna Tolentino, Gina Alajar, Tirso Cruz III, Boots Anson-Roa, Christian Bautista/ Directed by Joel Lamangan
    I+Will+Always+Love+You-2006-+Richard+Gutierrez-Angel+Locsin-+Front-sf.jpg
    [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nxUb2kYKSvI/TM4k3V9fY8I/AAAAAAAAX_g/6KYrN-g2mWU/s400/I+Will+Always+Love+You-2006-+Richard+Gutierrez-Angel+Locsin-back-sf.jpg[/IMG "I Will Always Love You" (2006)- Stars Richard Gutierrez, Angel Locsin, Amy Austria, Jean Garcia, Lloyd Samartino, Suzette Ranillo, Miriam Pantig, Ehra Madrigal, Karen de los Reyes, Bearwin Meily, Tuesday Vargas, James Blanco, Bianca King/ Directed by Mac Alejandre[/img]Mr+%26+Ms+Magazine-+2007-+Richard+Gutierrez+%26+Angel+Locsin1-sf.jpg
    "The Promise" (2007)- Stars Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin/ Directed by Michael Tuviera
  • Video%2B48%2BBlog-First%2BHeader3.jpg

Monday, November 15, 2010

JOHN LLOYD CRUZ AND BEA ALONZO: LOVE TEAM OF THE 2000s # 3

John%2BLloyd%2BCruz-%2BBea%2BAlonzo%2Bphoto-sf.jpg
    In 2002, John Lloyd Cruz starred in the primetime TV drama series Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay with Lorna Tolentino leading the cast. It was in this series that he was teamed up with budding young actress Bea Alonzo. At that time, Bea was only a newbie in the industry, having just started her career in K2BU. When the two appeared together, they clicked instantly. The following year, the two starred in their own TV series, It Might Be You. Their love team was launched on the big screen in 2003 via the Two Hearts episode of My First Romance. It was followed with another movie Now That I Have You in 2004. By then, it was proven that the John Lloyd-Bea love team was the one to watch. In 2005, they did another TV soap, Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin co-starring with Claudine Barretto and Diether Ocampo.

The year 2006 would seem like the year that changed Bea and John Lloyd. That year, they starred in their third movie, Close to You, alongside Sam Milby, their fourth, All About You and a top-rating TV series Maging Sino Ka Man, where the viewers were introduced to the famous love story of Eli and Jackie. When the series ended, their fans didn’t have to wait long as their fifth movie was released in 2007 entitled One More Chance. In 2008, they appeared in the Filipino remake of the telenovela I Love Betty La Fea. The two were reunited on screen in 2010, after three years, in a blockbuster hit, Miss You like Crazy.
    (Source article: S Magazine/ February 2010)
    My%2BFirst%2BRomance-%2B2003-%2BMagazine-sf.jpg
    My%2BFirst%2BRomance-%2B2003-%2BMagazine2-sf.jpg
    ]
    My+First+Romance-2003-+John+Lloyd+Cruz-+Bea+ALonzo2-sf.jpg
    "My First Romance" (2003)- Two Episodes: "One Love"- Stars John Prats and Heart Evangelista/ Directed by John Lazatin "Two Hearts"- Stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo/ Directed by Don Cuaresma
    Now+ThatI+have+You-+2004-+John+Lloyd+Cruz-Bea+Alonzo1-sf.jpg
    "Now That I Have You" (2004)- Stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alnzo/ Diorected by Laurenti Dyogi
    Close+To+You-+2006-+John+Lloyd+Cruz-Bea+Alonzo-sf.jpg
    "Close To You" (2006)- Stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo/ Introducing Sam Milby/ withMelanie Marquez, Buboy Garovillo, Techie Agbayani & Nova Villa/ Directed by Cathy Garcia- Molina
    All%2BAbout%2BLove-%2B2006-%2BJohn%2BLloyd%2BCruz-Bea%2BAlonzo-sf.jpg
    "All About Love (2006)- Stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo, Anne Curtiz and Luis Manzano; Angelica Paganiban and Jason Abalos/ Directed by Jerry Lopez Sineneng, Don Cuaresma and Joyce Jimenez
    One%2BMore%2BChance-%2B2008-%2BJohn%2BLloyd%2BCruz-%2BBea%2BAlanzo-sf.jpg
    "One More Chance" (2007)- Stars John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo, Derek Ramsay, Maja Salvador, Dimples Romana, Nikki Gil, Janus del Prado, James Blanco, Ahron Vilena/ Directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina
    Miss%2BYou%2BLike%2BCrazy-%2BFeb%2B2010-%2BJohn%2BLloyd-%2BBea%2BAlonzo-%2BArticle1-sf.jpg
    ---click images to enlarge---
    Star Studio Magazine/ February 2010
    -Miss+You+Like+Crazy-+2010-+John+Lloyd+Cruz-Bea+Alonzo-sf.jpg
    Miss+You+Like+Crazy-+2010-+John+Lloyd+Cruz-Bea+Alonzo-sf.jpg
    "Miss You Like Crazy" (2010)- Stars John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo, Maricar Reyes, Jun Urbano, Ryan Eigenmann, Malou de Guzman, Ina Feleo, Ketchup Eusebio, Dianne Medina & Bembol Roco/ Directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina
  • hinanap talaga para mapost...