Home PEx Sports NBA

any true green celtic fans out there?

JPBJPB PExer
i honestly believe that in 3 years time, my celtics will win a championship (ha! yeah right). ok, i'll be realistic... they will be in the playoffs. since lenny bias died, the celtic jinx has been born. first, reggie lewis had a heart attack, then larry bird retired... and bad luck in the coming drafts. at least now antoine walker is showing some signs of being a franchise player. and paul pierce is back next year after an excellent rookie season. i dunno what the hell happened to ron mercer (i didn't see him in the latest lineup so he must've been signed to another team...). this year we still do not have a legit go-to center, and we have dana barros and kenny anderson (at least half of who they were), plus this new guy from washington (calbert cheaney). although that cheaney guy never was good. pang ncaa lang siya.

so im calling to all the celtic faithful out there. show some spirit and pray for our beloved team. :)

Comments

• Celtics is a cool team you know. I believe in them too but not as much as the Heat.

My pryers go out to you man. Paul Pierce..da best. By the way... Ron Mercer is now in Denver
  • thanks mash! well, the heat can still win this year. and i pity ron mercer for going to a poor excuse of a team. he shoulda stuck it out in boston, although i think paul pierce ate up much of his playing time. come to think of it, last season i only saw 1 celtic game. darn those ppl. from ESPN! hopefully this year there will be more.

• AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    I was surprised when I recently saw the Boston Celtics play. The trademark black shoes that the players wore for the longest time have been replaced by white shoes. It's kind of weird seeing the Boston Celtics in white shoes!
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Originally posted by JPB
    i honestly believe that in 3 years time, my celtics will win a championship (ha! yeah right). ok, i'll be realistic... they will be in the playoffs. since lenny bias died, the celtic jinx has been born. first, reggie lewis had a heart attack, then larry bird retired... and bad luck in the coming drafts. at least now antoine walker is showing some signs of being a franchise player. and paul pierce is back next year after an excellent rookie season. i dunno what the hell happened to ron mercer (i didn't see him in the latest lineup so he must've been signed to another team...). this year we still do not have a legit go-to center, and we have dana barros and kenny anderson (at least half of who they were), plus this new guy from washington (calbert cheaney). although that cheaney guy never was good. pang ncaa lang siya.

so im calling to all the celtic faithful out there. show some spirit and pray for our beloved team. :)
    After three years, the 17th World Championship banner remains elusive. Paul Pierce is the only player in your enumeration that's still in a Boston Celtic uniform with the rest going to other teams.
  • siguro mga 2008.. saka lang makukuha ng Celtics ang 17th World Championship... yung mga nakukuha nilang magagaling sa draft.. pinapakawalan rin nila or ginagamit sa trade. kung nasa celtics pa sila mercer, joe johnson, kredric brown , eric williams and even rick fox ska sila rodney rogers, battie.....one of Eastern conference's elite na ang celtics.
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Not really a Celtic fan, but still, Celts over the Lakers.

Besides, me and my brother are Lasallians, and we all know what color is associated with De La Salle, right?

Oh yeah, that same brother of mine is a true-green Celtic fan. Bird over Johnson.

As for the current Celtics, just make sure the management make good deals. Disposing Antoine Walker is one big step.
  • I'm a celtic fan pero sa tingin ko malayo pa sila sa pagiging nba powerhouse. Although gumaganda na ang laro nila baker & co. Kulang pa din ng support si the truth.
  • oi punta kayo sa www.celtin-nation.com ... hehehe
  • mali po yung spelling nyo, www.celtic-nation.com
  • celtic fan ako nung bird era, kasi bird can really carry a team, not unlike pierce, but i still believe p-squared can still hit his prime, his still young, and given the talent, let's just wait and see!!
  • ahh oo nga 'no mali
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    me! me! me! pero simula nung nawala yung fantastic 4 (ainge-mchale-bird-parish) ng celtics nde ko na sila na subaybayan
  • dapat si Bird nalang yung GM eh.. di na si Ainge
  • Unfortunately, Paul "Thanks Dad" Gaston pushed the Basketball Jesus out of Beantown during his last years.

Give Ainge some slack, he knows what he's doing. (Though I'm still not sure of his brain-typing guru).

Welsch, Mihm, Ricky Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Marcus Banks, Raef and the Truth are nice pieces to build around. Not to mention 2 1st rounders next year (plus 2 2nd rounders), two trade exceptions and several expiring contracts.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    another celtic fan here. I do hpoe they can rebuild and win a title again. That would be the first in the fleet center.
  • Not a Celtic fan here. Bakit true green? Associated ang true sa blue. Why not genuine green? At least rhyme din. Yon lang! :)