Home PEx Sports NBA

Wilt Chamberlain dead!

JDSJDS PExer
Just wanted to let u guys know, i think it was from a heartattack.

Comments

• batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I too was shocked to hear the news. They're not sure why he died but you are right - they speculate it was from a heart attack.
  • Naw.... is it true? i can;t beleive it... oh well... guess it was definitely his time. My salute goes out to one of the greatest basketball players.
  • its a real bad news. :(

i really hope we could go for a viewing on thursday. i sure am gonna bring ma' camera and watch out for players pay their last respect to mr. chamberlain. :)

does this mean the l.a. lakers would be champ this year?
  • news say that Chamberlain, 63, died because of heart attack. talk about sad news... :(

anyway, the Lakers' game against the Wizards today was postponed not because of Chamberlain's death but due to the fact that the crew found some cracks in the second level in the newly opened dome in Arkansas.
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    May his soul RIP.
  • Trivia:

- Did u know that the goal tending rule was initiated to stop Mr. Wilt Chamberlain from smacking the ball off the ring. :)

- Did you know that the free throw line had a shorter distance, but when Mr. Chamberlain was playing, they had to add some lenght because it was a breeze for him. :)

--->; Talk about impact on the basketball world, huh? :)

• The Rock says that it's really sad that a guy as imposing and intimidating as Wilt the Stilt passed away at the age of 63. Friends and former teammates said that Wilt could have played competitive basketball into his 50s if he wanted to. He was that good and that physically fit for his whole life. And no, he wasn't gonna just stand on the sideline and scream at referees unlike some notable b-ball players-turned politicans in the Philippines.

ESPN.com reports that he had a history of a heart condition but it was still a shock to see him go. There's a poll on that same website that asks what was Wilt's greatest achievement. 41% said that his 100 point game against New York was number 1. Personally, The Rock thinks its either his 55 rebounds in one game against the Celtics or his insurmountable numbers in rebounding. Hell, Rodman doesn't even come close. Rest In Peace Big Fella.
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I agree with the Rock that Wilt's 55 rebounds was his most impressive accomplishment and likely one that won't ever be broken. There are some who have come reasonably close to 100 points but none close to 50 Heck, if you reach 30 in a game, that will likely be the season high!

His career total in rebounds will also likely never be broken (around 23,000 with Bill Russell the only other to exceed 20,000.). Kareem played for 20 years and he's only at about 17,000. Rodman at this point is over 10,000 behind Wilt!

Oh, and there's his 50ppg for a whole year!
  • ...and guys don't forget his other all time record...20,000 women he claimed he had sex with. try to top that dude!!!
  • another thing, he averages 48.5 minutes for a game played for only 48 minutes. top that! :)
  • shox920shox920 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    goodbye wilt.........
  • wow. Almost 4 years difference from posts ah

10-14-1999

and

9-24-2003
  • The world has lost another legend.

RIP Wilt!
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Saang bundok ba kayo nanggaling? :glee:

FYI, patay na rin si Lapu-lapu.
  • Old school thread uli!!!