Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Singapore Trip

will be going to singapore next month. any tips? what to do? where to go? where to eat?

and most important of all: ano ang iapapsalubong ko sa mga pamangkin ko? :)

thanks.

Comments

• hi sweet_7326 ! i recommend that you visit sentosa island.. but go there not by the service bus kasi may oras ang pagdaan nun, sayang ang oras if you'll wait for hours. try the cable cars (from world trade center) instead. marami kang mabibili sa singapore.. not really sure sa mga bata ... one week lang kasi ako dun and i only bought souvenir items and silver accessories. mura lang. i think maraming Pexers na nasa singapore, .. try buzzing them.. madami sila sa topic na Filipinos Everywhere... they can help you better!

:flwrface:
  • >Sentosa Island<
    Agree ako with indig0 .. okay dun. The best way to get there is via cable car so you can enjoy the view. Get the cable car from World Trade Center. It gives you the view of the island tas when you get down from the cable station in Sentosa, there's this dragon fountain that's cool for pictures. Sentosa Island itself, dami mo na mapupuntahan dun. I don't know if they still have Asian Village. May Philippines dun and you'll see a jeepney. Tas recently lang yung parang water theme park (but the que .. oh my god ...)

Haw Par Villa
    This is a theme park. Located, if I remember right, on the east side of the island or sa may papuntang Jurong na. Ride the dragon boat .. super nice. Then may shows sila dun that requires audience participation. Sobrang funny when they asked my Dad to join! May costume pa sha and major hilarious!! :glee:

Jurong Bird/Crocodile Park
    The bird park is super okay. Great picture spots and ang daming kinds of birds na kita dun. The aviary's are really cool. If you get tired of walking around, there's a tram na umiikot sa whole park.
    The crocodile park is opposite the bird park. Kaaliw din ito but I didnt really enjoy this place kasi I've already visited the Crocodile farm in Bangkok so not much to expect.

Orchard Road
    This is tourist spot itself .. isang street na puro shops. But ingat ka, it's very pricey here! But if you have the moolah, why not diba?? :D

The Merlion
    This is a statue of a half man and half fish (ata). This is the symbol of Singapore. My friends told me the story of this kaso .. limot ko na hehehe ...

Raffles Hotel
    This is an old hotel .. parang Manila Hotel natin. It has its own history and there's a mall din sa area na yun.

Night Safari
    Try this. It's sobrang cool. Pagkakamali kong natulog lang ako at hindi sumama sa pamilya ko.

Singapore shopping? Hmm .. mejo pricey kasi dun. I mean kung shopping habol mo, sa HK or Bangkok ka na lang. Singapore for me would mean tours. Pero pag pasalubong .. oo, souvenir items na lang. Tipung mga brooch na merlion, key chains, caps, shirts.
    Alrighty.. ingat! Have super fun!! :

*paw*
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Stay at any hotel located at the center of (not just on) Orchard Road. You won't really find it difficult to go shopping for gifts there since there are so many things to buy. If you're adventurous when it comes to food, try eating at Newton Circus. It's pretty popular with tourists, and the food there is varied and inexpensive. The atmosphere is very casual and you can stay here all night and not even use up Sing$100 even if you tried to.
  • don't ever miss out sentosa & night safari.. :)..they are great!!
  • Try to visit the Singapore National Orchid Garden (located within the Singapore Botanical Gardens).

Also, try the buffet at the Marriot Hotel: S$55 if I remember right, 5 or 6 times a day (breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea, high tea, dinner), but there's always a line. Well worth it, IMhO.
  • wow! madami pa palang magagandang mapupuntahan sa singapore aside from sentosa?! too bad everytime i go there it's for work, work and work! i've been to orchard though pero i didn't have much time to shop kasi madalas 3 days lang ako dun and busy with meetings. and yes, medyo pricey doon. singapore is not really a great place to shop, better to go to HK or bangkok - if u really wanna shop. most of the stuff i see sa stores in singapore are mostly same lang as dito sa pinas and the prices are pretty much the same too. but i know na they always go on sale especially mga signature stuff. yung mga electronic stuff alam ko slightly cheaper doon.

its a good place to go sight-seeing, kasi its very clean, organized, para syang america in asia kasi fast-paced din ang lifestyle doon. kung mahilig kang gumimik, there a nice club there called ZOUK. saka my boss brought me to this place beside a lake (?!) sorry i am not sure kasi hehehehe basta its a strip with lots of bars and restaurants with outdoor tables.

enjoy in singapore! :)
  • I'd be going to Singapore next year.

I'd like to know which hotel is the most reasonable, in terms of location and price?

Pls. give me suggestions.
  • I was gonna say Newton Circus for the hawkers centre, but I just remembered they closed that down a while ago.

For nightlife, try the bars and restaurants along the river (can't quite remember the exact name of the area).
  • Oh and while you're there, you have to swing by this store called Lush. They sell amazing handmade bath and beauty products.

Here are the locations:

Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard road, Plaza Singapura 238839
    Sun Tec City, 3 Temasek Boulevard, 01-111/113, Sun Tec City
  • the strip beside the river, i think, is called Boat Quay.
  • Originally posted by pinkmoon
    Oh and while you're there, you have to swing by this store called Lush. They sell amazing handmade bath and beauty products.

Here are the locations:

Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard road, Plaza Singapura 238839
    Sun Tec City, 3 Temasek Boulevard, 01-111/113, Sun Tec City

I'm in Singapore right now and you're right. I just came from Sun Tec City a few hours ago and Lush looks pretty good. Sale "kuno" dito, so ok na rin mamili. Personally, I still prefer Bangkok.
  • Originally posted by starsky
    the strip beside the river, i think, is called Boat Quay.

Boat Quay.. parang Restaurants strip sa Power Plant minus the water right?

*paw*
  • Originally posted by starsky
    the strip beside the river, i think, is called Boat Quay.

ayun!!! thats it - Boat Quay! thanks starsky :) my boss treated me to dinner there...i liked it there....so funny pa nga kasi meron din akong nadidinig na mga show bands in one of the bars there playing the usual Earth, Wind, and Fire medley that showbands love playing here....difference is syempre iba accent nila! hehehe!
  • Originally posted by pinkmoon
    I was gonna say Newton Circus for the hawkers centre, but I just remembered they closed that down a while ago.

For nightlife, try the bars and restaurants along the river (can't quite remember the exact name of the area).

they're not closed.....yet! actually they kinda spruced up the place a little so it doesn't look so run down na. and they spent a small fortune doing up the toilets there and if you do get there, check it out, they did a good job! lol.....para di lang pagkain ang pupuntahan :toofunny: !

aside from boat quay, you could also go down to Clarke Quay. ganon rin na may mga bars and all, pero they have more 'activities' like yung mga on-the-spot painters/artists/the ones-who-can-sketch-you-while-you-wait, there's a chinese and indian fortune teller, and calligraphy artists (what do you call them ba?). basically, they've tried to re-create 'old Singapore' sa Clarke Quay. and on most sundays, they have a 'flea market' during the day where they sell trinkets of all sorts and sizes! if you're into these kinda stuff, there's even a Thieves' Market pero medyo out of the way lang nga....and even some locals don't even know there's one.

since shopping is sometimes overrated here (as far as Orchard Road is concerned), you could be a little more adventurous and venture to a place they call 'little India'. you'd have to a little courageous to go there though, pero that place is literally a 'gold mine'! jewelry stores line the streets and there's a locally run department store that has items you would never find in the more popular malls. or chinatown that has everything chinese and all; they've recently also done the place up a bit so although it has lost it's 'old world' charm, it's still something to look out for.

and if you think the nightlife is confined to the town area, check out holland village! the place actually reminds me of pasay road with the endless restaurants and bars, but with the singaporean touch.

oh! i heard na rin some tour operators here have this 'feng shui of singapore' tour where they bring you around and show you the influence of feng shui on the buildings and the significance of their locations and interesting stuff like that. *okay*

but if you get bogged down by work and can't go around the island, sorry na lang! try to arrange na lang to stay in the city para di ka ma-bored when you step out of the hotel. :cool:

if you're on a budget, you could try Hotel Phoenix. if it's a really tight budget, try Hotel Grand Central. be warned though....the rooms should really just be used to sleep in or catch up on some rest!! if you're lucky and get to choose the hotel to stay in on a supposed business trip, try the Singapore Marriott or if you're out for revenge, insist on the Hyatt....hahaha!!! :grinroll:
  • Sentosa Park, Jurong Bird Park, Raffles Hotel, Orchard Road... My sister studies there and so do some of my friends... guess you might be able to meet with a lot of filipinos there... I remember bumping into my high school biology teacher at Sentosa Island :rolleyes:
  • sama ako sa pasyal ah.. :laugh:

i've been here for more than 2 months pero i havent really explored the country..

sabay na tayo pasyal kase my cousin will be coming over on dec. 22 :D
  • sama ako sa pasyal ah.. :laugh:

i've been here for more than 2 months pero i havent really explored the country..

sabay na tayo pasyal kase my cousin will be coming over on dec. 22 :D
  • delanodelano PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    punta ako dyan ng around dec. 20+..., makikipasyal na rin hehe
    sinong pwedeng makipag-eyeball? ;)
  • uyyy......post ka sa thread ng mga taga-singapore and tell us your plans for your vacation here

:bounce2:
  • delano..! kami nila lil_lulu.. hehehe.. visit mo thread namin.. nipost ni lulu yun url..