UST Med Inquiry

Good day Thomasians!

I'm a freshman student (BSN) from other university. I just want to ask if UST is accepting applicants from other school to their Med School assuming say I have a slight above average grades on my premed? How's is my chance (BSN program) of acceptance on their college?

Hope I could get sound opinions from you guys. I really want to be a doctor someday and I am weighing my future options. Thanks in advance-- very much.

Comments

• ExApparatusExApparatus Laban lang, 'te. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery accepts freshman applicants from other universities but you'll be competing for the 15% of the slots allocated for the outsiders. 85% will be allocated specifically for Thomasian undergraduates only. According to hearsay, applicants will be ranked according to religion, gender, and school.

Admission is based on NMAT grade (80%), GPA/GWA on your premed (2.0 or 88%), Entrance Test, and interview. It also includes your involvement in extra-curricular activities, loyalty, and recommendation from priests, professors, doctors, etc.

Remember that UST is a front-runner when it comes to the medical field, expect strict competition among the applicants. As early as now, increase your chances for admission by earning high grades and taking your NMAT seriously. Aside from this, they check your involvement in extra-curriculars which hones your leadership skills and balances your college life (acads + others).;)
  • bafjakbafjak Member PExer
    @ExAppratus:

Thank you for your informative response. But do they have a premed program preference? How they treat BSN as premed if any? By the way how many slots is equivalent to the 15% outsiders. Thanks again..
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    bafjak wrote: »
    @ExAppratus:

Thank you for your informative response. But do they have a premed program preference? How they treat BSN as premed if any? By the way how many slots is equivalent to the 15% outsiders. Thanks again..

BSN as pre-med, lamang ka na.

This is the equation:

If you are a cum laude grad. of any science course from UST (grade of at least 1.75) and you are a male - "almost IN" ka na;

If you are a male nursing grad of UST with 2.00 GWA (meaning not a cum laude) - "IN as "IN" ka na.

Bottomline: lamang ang BSN as pre-med preference.
    @vic:

thanks for encouraging comments but the prob is i'm not coming from UST. i'm studying BSN at other university here in manila. that's what im concerned, do they accepting BSN from other school.. :)
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    yes, they do accept. And to those 15% to be accepted, lamang ka na sa course mong BSN. As i said the bottomline is: lamang ang BSN.

goodluck.

Reminder, dapat walang bagsak kahit P.E.
    thanks vic, appreciate much. that's encouraging tip to continue nursing. i don't know with my school, statistically they don't accept much of BSN compared to other premed like BSPsy, Bio, etc.
  • anmdsoonanmdsoon Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Do they accept BS Nutrition grads from say, UPLB?
  • aimhigh1987aimhigh1987 Member PExer
    tumatanggap naman siguro ang UST Med. na graduate form other college/university. Yung cousin ko kasi graduate ng BS Nursing sa Columban College sa Olongapo at nakapag Entrance Exam naman sa UST.
  • anmdsoonanmdsoon Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    tumatanggap naman siguro ang UST Med. na graduate form other college/university. Yung cousin ko kasi graduate ng BS Nursing sa Columban College sa Olongapo at nakapag Entrance Exam naman sa UST.

sige po salamat! :)
  • mdparasabayanmdparasabayan PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello! Wanted to know if you made it to UST FMS
  • meron po ba dito nag-parecon ng ust med na outsider? I need help po. I have great academic credentials. The only problem is my nmat. Any tips or advice?
  • quezacoltquezacolt Ars longa, vita brevis PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    loladaisy said:
    meron po ba dito nag-parecon ng ust med na outsider? I need help po. I have great academic credentials. The only problem is my nmat. Any tips or advice?
    ilan NMAT mo?
  • quezacolt said:
    loladaisy said:
    meron po ba dito nag-parecon ng ust med na outsider? I need help po. I have great academic credentials. The only problem is my nmat. Any tips or advice?
    ilan NMAT mo?
    it's lower than 80% po but higher than 70% po :( :bawling:
  • quezacoltquezacolt Ars longa, vita brevis PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    loladaisy said:
    quezacolt said:
    loladaisy said:
    ilan NMAT mo?
    it's lower than 80% po but higher than 70% po :( :bawling:

Gawa ka ng reconsideration letter mo. May dropbox sa harap ng Dean's office ng medicine. Isulat mo na lahat ng reason kung bakit ka nila tatanggapin. Wala naman mawawala if ittry mo magparecon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file