COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The REAL Reason why KC bid farewell

Should KC bid farewell?

It was a sad farewell.
And very abrupt. Who would think KC Concepcion, now taking her acting chops seriously with her critically-acclaimed performance in “Boy Golden,” would decide to take a break from showbiz to concentrate on studies abroad?
On Instagram on Thursday, January 16, she made it official:
“Goodbye for now, Manila! All set to take on a new adventure. (love, travel) #cloudimmigrant"

kc_resized.jpg

Obviously it is really more than what it seems.
The Dyesebel factor
KC had been primed up for the role of the reincarnated Mars Ravelo character Dyesebel. But in a sudden turn of developments (and fortunes), the role went to Anne Curtis, who had just emerged from that unfortunate controversy late last year.

KC’s decision, which came immediately after the ABS-CBN announcement, was her apparent reaction. Although she never mentioned it in any of her recent social networking posts, media was quick to conclude this.
Who wouldn’t? The suddenness is key, showing a hint of what went on in her mind that day of the announcement. But who could blame her?

KC is one of the most passionate actresses in the industry today and certainly very hardworking and serious about her craft. This even includes her endorsements.
A reliable source from her most recent endorsement, Sun Cellular, said the company was surprised at the professionalism she showed in their current engagement. KC, the source said, went to great lengths to know more about the company, down to the details of the promos and offerings, such as its inclusions, rewards and extensions. The source said KC was unique because she didn’t want to be just a face of their product but a “brand ambassador” as well.
With her meticulous and resolute handling of whatever project or job given her, one can just imagine how KC dealt with the possibility of landing the Dyesebel role.

It isn’t just talent
But just as roles come and go in showbiz, even if that was deemed for her, KC couldn’t discount the fact that other factors came into play and that surely isn’t all about talent. This is something KC should expect and accept, even with the high expectations she might have. Again, it boils down to professionalism and taking these things, such as being deprived of what she sees as a perfect role for her, in stride.

No, it doesn’t mean KC should not pursue her studies abroad—which people close to her reveal as courses to “improve her craft.” She must move on with her career, with probably a better role, a better project.
It doesn’t stop with Dyesebel. KC proved in Boy Golden that she can do more than just portray a mermaid.

Comments

• bjornpettybjornpetty Member PExer
    ang say ko lang is that there is more to KC than just playing the role of mermaid.

she has grown so much as an actress and she doesn't deserve to play a fantasy character it in the height of her caliber now..
  • lovelylace23lovelylace23 Member PExer
    Aww, sad naman.:( Kasi naman tinanggihan Nya yung movie with Anne Curtis at the last minute, maganda sanang vehicle yun para sa Kanya. Pero binalewala Nya. Mas kumita pa sana yun kung sya yung ka love triangle, eh pumayag nga sa love and kissing scenes with ER bakit Hindi Kay Derek Ramsay.

Nasa Kay boss Vic yan eh, Hindi Nya yata na push si KC, mas kelangan yata ni Anne yung Dyesebel dahil sa nega image nito recently. :naughty:

Well, sana pag balik nya mabigyan sya ng sarili nyang teleserye sya ang bida at Hindi support. ;)
  • lee_mclinolee_mclino Member PExer
    She is better than Sharon because she can play any role that she like...
  • sorceress_adelsorceress_adel TRUST YOUR DOCTOR PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bjornpetty wrote: »
    ang say ko lang is that there is more to KC than just playing the role of mermaid.

she has grown so much as an actress and she doesn't deserve to play a fantasy character it in the height of her caliber now..

??? Dyesebel is an iconic character, the one and only Star for All Seasons played this "fanatasy" character. Are you saying playing Dyesebel is beneath KC?
    I guess what I'm just saying is that its not very timely for her to play a fantasy character. I would like her to do more drama sana.

This was her KrisTV appearance as a mermaid for a day..and its so perfect!
  • sorceress_adelsorceress_adel TRUST YOUR DOCTOR PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I guess what I'm just saying is that its not very timely for her to play a fantasy character. I would like her to do more drama sana.

Thx for uploading! It's very nice to watch KC be a mermaid. Bagay sa kanya inferr, she looks gorgeous. *okay*
  • TTJ__TTJ__ Taming The Johnson PExer

Ganun din naman si Anne. Dramatic actress na rin ang turing sa kanya. May mga hit movies pa sya to support that. Sigurado nabigla rin sya na sya ang napiling Dyesebel pero shempre contract artist lang naman sya at may survey results pang pinaalam sa kanya.

Kahit di napiling Dyesebel si KC, walang nabawas sa galing nya bilang artista. Natuwa lang din siguro sya sa idea na yun lalo na may younger half sisters sya. Pero okey lang yan. Pinaasa lang sya siguro ng ilang mga tao. Magkapigsa sana sa [email protected] ang bading na nagpaasa sa kanya.
  • MONTO GAWEMONTO GAWE Primus Inter Pares Pares PExer
    I think KC really wanted to prove something with ‘Dyesebel’ and she felt ‘more-than-sad’ when she wasn’t chosen as it was her dream role. It wasn’t just a role to her. It was a chance to make her own mark on such an iconic character.

She would have been a great choice. Based on the clip above, she’s a natural as a swimmer. And the show’s mass appeal would have catapulted her popularity to such new heights that she can truly call her own.

In any case, her recent choices seem to point at the right direction. She is a lovely and talented artist, so definitely IF she just sticks to her craft, she’ll eventually find her own niche in the industry.

In the meantime, she needs to recharge and learn more things about herself so when she comes back she has more and something new to show and give…
  • awtsupaytsuawtsupaytsu AKO SI JACK NICHOLSON! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    feeling ko buntis itong si KC bakit naman siya biglang aalis ganda ganda na ng career niya dito kahit di siya nakuhang dyesebel dami pa niyang opportunities.. buntis ata talaga.

posibleng si CHANDLER PARSONS(NBA Basketball player for houston rockets) ang nakabuntis o kaya naman si ER EJERCITO(If you watched boy golden you know what i mean)

mas lagot siya kung si parsons ang nakabuntis pero mas kadiri naman kung si ER..

well anyway hula ko lang naman ito wala sana mapikon
  • CuteScientistCuteScientist Jr PEx Expert 🎖️
    eh di lumipat siya sa gma kung gusto niya :)
  • baklah_akobaklah_ako Account Suspended by Admin PExer
    Baka she will be pursuing MBA at INSEAD or at Harvard.
    Kung ako man e iiwan ko talaga ang showbiz para dito.
    baklah_ako wrote: »
    Baka she will be pursuing MBA at INSEAD or at Harvard.
    Kung ako man e iiwan ko talaga ang showbiz para dito.

true..kahit ako kung may pera lang i would also do it..:love:

but i feel so much na nasaktan nga siya at may paasa factor sa kanya..kaya babush pilipphines haha..pero may kaya naman sila kaya hindi kawalan sa kanya yun..i hope she aims higher nalang..andami niyang kakompetensya kasi in her generation and andami pang politicing kahit saang networks..
  • april9april9 Member PExer
    KC will soar higher and will get what she aims for.... in time.
  • DIGINEWSDIGINEWS Supervisor Accountant PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ..so it means nagtampo..

pansin ko ang mag ina panay ang tampo sa showbiz...

mag ina nga

Goodluck sa career nya!
  • tabochnoytabochnoy Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

ganda niya.bagay niyang maging dyesebel.
  • april9april9 Member PExer
    DIGINEWS wrote: »
    ..so it means nagtampo..

pansin ko ang mag ina panay ang tampo sa showbiz...

mag ina nga

Goodluck sa career nya!

When mo kaya ma-realize na deep in your heart ay like at love mo c KC Concepcion?
  • renz7renz7 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    gusto ko itong si kc dahil grounded ang batang ito, totoong tao. i like her personality. sayang nga lang di siya nanalong best actress it would have been a big boost to her career pero mukhang mas tatagal pa siya sa showbiz dahild siya nakakahon. okay munang mag hibernate and reinvent yourself. bumalik kang more fulfilled sa ibang larangan.
  • L0rd_xer0L0rd_xer0 Queen Mezziaz Hardenned PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    mabaet na bata si kc.. sana siya na lang talaga ang dyesebel.. masyado lang talaga naging malaki expectations ng tao sa kanya kasi anak siya ni sharon at gabby, pero ngayon na gumagawa na siya ng pangalan sana naman mabigyan siya ng chance ng kapamilya..
  • ATE CHAROTATE CHAROT Member PExer
    in fairness naman sa batang itech, mas mukha naman siyang sariwa kaysa kay anne na mukhang tuyot na... dapat siya na lang ang dyesebel :naughty:
    ATE CHAROT wrote: »
    in fairness naman sa batang itech, mas mukha naman siyang sariwa kaysa kay anne na mukhang tuyot na... dapat siya na lang ang dyesebel :naughty:

i agree. medyo old looking na talaga si anne now i dont know why..kc is really fresh yung aura..:love:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file