Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - TV
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

SBS' The Master's Sun

plus3plus3 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
tumblr_my1hlsgfGa1qkm95fo1_1280.jpg

Title: Master’s Sun

[video=youtube_share;7NPCLfoE5OM]

Main Cast: 
Gong Hyo Jin as Tae Gong Shil

SBS_Master_Sun_bc_6.jpg
So Ji Sub as Joo Joong Won
4_zps8c9bbe96.jpg
Supporting Cast:
Seo In Guk as Kang Woo
Han Bo Reum as Cha Hee Joo
Kim Yoo Ri as Tae Yi Ryeong

If you’re bored with plain romance drama, try watching master’s sun:love: It’s a multi-genres drama about horror, mystery, comedy, and romance. The main character of this drama is Tae Gong Shil, a woman in early thirties who has the ability to see a spirit / ghost.[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER] She gained ‘sixth sense’ after got an accident 7 years ago. [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER] Tae Gong Shil lives under dread and fear feelings since then, because she always see many scary ghosts around her. She can’t live normally like the other people, can’t get proper job, and can’t date with any guy. People see her as “weirdo”, because she often talks with herself (which is actually with ghost). Her gloomy life suddenly changes after she accidently met Joo Joong Won, CEO of Kingdom Mall. [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Everytime she touches Joong Won’s body, all of scary ghosts around her dissapear. She feels really happy because she finds “shelter place” where she can hide from ghosts. For the sake of her “shelter place” (Joong Won’s body) she always follows whenever Joong Won goes. She also applies for a job in Kingdom Mall because she doesn’t want to lose him.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
Eventhough, at first. Joo Joong Won feels irritated and annoyed, because she always randomly touches his body everytime they meet. But as time passed he starts to believe her ability.
He even asked her to solve the mystery of his kidnapping case 15 years ago, and its relation with his girlfriend’s (Cha Hee Joo) death.
The point why i find this drama truly fascinating, because in every episode we can see different ghosts with different cases to solve. There are various problems related to friendship, love-story between couple or family, betrayal, children abuse etc. Every ghost has touched and untold stories that they can only share with Tae Gong Shil. Though it’s a romantic-comedy drama, the ghost’s appearances in here are no joke, so be prepared guys.

There are so many ghosts in this drama but [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]the ‘main ghost’ is Cha Hee Joo, Joong Won’s girlfriend.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

As intense and continuosly interaction between Tae Gong Shil and Joo Joong Won, they start have deep feeling for each other.
Just like the other k-drama, there’s always a triangle love. And the third person (i used to say this role as ‘good guy who rejected’ :p) is Kang Woo.
7_zpsd6920aa3.jpg

He’s a Chief of Security Team in Kingdom Mall,
he’s also a spy sent by Joong Won’s father in order to protect Joong Won. He starts to like Tae Gong Shil after his ‘fake’ confession for her (he approaches Gong Shil for ulterior motive / spying). His fake confession makes him realizing the sincerity of Tae Gong Shil, and then his feeling become real. Unfortunately, like the other good guy’s fate, he can’t win Gong Shil’s heart. Poor him :(. But, Thanks God, his story isn’t as desperate as the other ‘good guy’ in k-drama, he ends up dating actress (Tae Yi Ryeong) who has crush on him since the first time they met.

9_zpse4aefbaf.jpg

And the most interesting thing we can enjoy from this drama is the chemistry between the main cast, Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub. The way they act is very natural just like real couple. tumblr_my30v4lUc31rhvh09o6_1280.jpg
I can analogize them as a cup of tea with right amount of sugar. No more no less. Not too much and make the scenes feel cheesy so we’ll sick of it; not too little that will make us feel plain and bored. Perfect combination for both of them. 

1_zpsa25f2863.jpg

2_zps236e7b5c.jpg

Thanks to astriwulansari from tumblr;)

Comments

• plus3plus3 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hafta apologise early on but I've never seen any of Gong Hyo Jin's work before this one. But after watching this it made me want to watch all her dramas from way before.
    If I were to pick a favorite drama that aired this year,(bet ko din naman ang Good doctor at IHYV) it would be The Master’s Sun and ma fave ep is
    Episode 12. This episode had a wide range of feels. It had me laughing so hard while they were singing 3 Bears(lakas maka-throwback sa Full House), squealing over all the sweet OTP moments, and crying like a mess by the end. Basically, I was on an emotional roller coaster. It had the biggest cliffhanger of the season that I totally did not see coming. It was a very eventful episode. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I was not a fan of that ending
    Favorite bromance: Joo Joong-Won & Trashcan Ghost :rotfl:

Their story: Joo Joong Won can’t see ghosts. At all. But his closest confidant, after Tae Gong Sil, becomes the mysterious, but consistent, ghost of an old man who haunts a trashcan inside his mall,
    who makes his presence, and opinions, known by flipping over the trashcan lid.

Why They are The Greatest: This is a friendship that literally cannot be stopped by death. And it is so satisfying to see Joo Joon-Won develop from someone who did not believe in Tae Gong Sil to someone that trusts her enough to attempt to communicate with something he can’t see, to trusting Trashcan Man with carrying messages to Tae Gong Sil, to pouring out his heart to someone he will never see.

And it made total sense that it would be a ghost that would get prickly President to loosen up. And Trashcan Man was one of the ghosts we met early one that I honestly didn’t expect to get a full story on. So when his family and his reason for haunting the mall came to light, and as another reason for Tae Gong Sil to get back to working with Joong-Won, it felt very natural.

"That man is my friend. I’m coming with you."

Lesson other KDrama characters could learn from them: The art of communication.
    tumblr_mxx2ooemQz1s7cqmno4_1280.jpg

At dahil jan na-LSS aketch Kay Yoon Mi Rae's Touch Love.yun nga Lang yung part Lang na "lonely love,yes I love...." yung memorise ko ng walang palya.:p
    :love: with all of the wonderful dramas that were shown this year(IHYV,Good Doctor) Master’s Sun went on to become my reigning favorite drama. The plot had fun mystery-of-the week stories tied in with an over arching mystery, and two couples and a weak love rhombus (pentagon?) woven into it with brilliant humor. And ghosts of all shapes and sizes.
    The Gist: Woman driven into near-recluse status by unfortunate ability to attract and see the terrifyingly departed, stalks self-absorbed, calculating, damaged President of Shopping Mall (why is it always a mall?)
    once she discovers that physical contact with said President makes ghosts vanish!
    Once President realizes valuable information and business advantages can be gained by using former-recluse’s “ghost radar”- he hires her and hijinks, love, and mysteries ensue.
    Why It Is The Most Fun Drama to Watch: The most honest lead couple ever portrayed in KDrama.(This is where my SoGong Couple SHipping started):love::naughty: Seriously- your jaw will drop with how straightforward these two are! Every time I settled in, thinking I knew what trope/misunderstanding/plot device was going to steer the story for a few episodes, those illusions were shattered before the episode was over, if not in the next 10 seconds.
Both the leads are unconventional twists on classic drama characters. :naughty:
    Her: the earnest, hardworking young girl…who’s been terrorized by the dead for so many years and is so accustomed to being seen as crazy without much hope of change that she has almost a complete lack of self-consciousness. I love Tae Gong Sil. She had me somewhere around when she articulated that she didn’t really have time to be worried about if her boss liked her because THERE WERE GHOSTS FOLLOWING HER AROUND [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]ASKING HER TO DO STUFF. [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]SHE HAD BIGGER PROBLEMS than oppa. She’s adorable and really refreshing.:rotflmao:
    Him: the grumpy, calculating, CEO who can’t read because of…mystery? He had me at "Flower wife, listen to me carefully…" (that wasn’t a term of endearment, he was addressing a plant. It didn’t end well). The mannerisms, the way his deliberate attempts to be completely cerebral and not trust feelings in any aspect of his life made all his responses childlike - and the fact that he was so damn smart that I didn’t have to worry about it taking him long to see through the current plot device- I loved Joo Joon Won.

Category for a KDrama Challenge that Only This Drama Could Win: Favorite Possession Sequence(s):lol:
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]tumblr_mrlxafgrVS1s72qdho1_250.gif [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Lesson your (reformed) Male Lead Could Teach other KDrama Men: The President’s behavior in the final episode is a textbook example of "How to respect your true love’s choices, even if you don’t like them." All the men of Heirs should be forced to watch this episode on repeat(ehem)

Credit to lucyMontero:)

Kthnksbye.:p
    tumblr_mxbwxp3EjF1rjevszo2_250.gif
    'Sensha na at nag-start na aketch ng thread.tagal naman kasi mag-confirm kung sang network to mapupunta!cant wait(sorry mahina ang EQ ko)
    tumblr_mxufhyVEtY1stya6vo4_250.gif

Time na fo me to get lost....antokyo na ang loley. SoGong Fighting!
    At Dahil na-lost na ang antok ko:

jq0.gif

SoGong Fighting!hope you win ng Best Couple sa SBS Awards chorva!
    tumblr_msuwdus7Tw1sbxa6zo2_r1_250.gif

Infer ha, bumawi nga naman ang Hong Sisters sa kdramang itetch.cute ng mga BTS! Waaaaaa!pakiligin ko na Lang sarili ko 'gang antukin uli aketch.
    tumblr_mt84jr0zIL1sh2shfo3_250.gif

Waaaaaaaa!!! Kiligers! Anlalandi!
    All those rumours surrounding so ji sub and joo yeon:
    tumblr_my0rwyooWJ1s6el6zo1_500.gif
    Leave ma SoGong Couple alone!

At straight na akong nag-mo-monologue ditey! Fighting! Waaaaaa!
  • :wave: plus3...

I like GHJ since, Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy with Gong Yoo. :D
    ^Hello

Kalerky nga, never heard talaga saken si Hyo Jin as in. Will watch muna yung mga movies nya then afterwards mga series nya naman. Galing nya! At bet ko din mga skinships nila ni Ji Sub. Sana talaga sila na Lang in real life! Eeeeeeeeh!
    Wa ko masyado alam sa kpop world except maybe for 2ne1 coz of sandara.yung mga songs na bet ko usually mga OST ng mga fave ko na kdrama. And this song is one of the most played talaga sa phone ko :

[video=youtube_share;nB3kwVRZ5zE]

The feels talaga! Waaaaaaa!
    All throughout tha show lagi silang matchy matchy sa mga clothes nila. Ankyot Lang na hanggang presscon in-achieve pa din nila yun.

tumblr_mtm4ltRgzk1r34utao1_500.jpg

Haist!Am so far gone na talaga! Am beyond help na when it comes to my addiction to this show and this SoGong Couple.
    2nd ep pa Lang May
    bed scene na

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]tumblr_mtl80tpe8j1rgy8cuo9_250.gif[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Naman! More skinships puhleeeeze!:naughty:
  • Kinikilig ako kay Kang Woo and Tae Gong Shil.
    Kinikilig ako kay Kang Woo and Tae Gong Shil.

Ahihihi! Ako den,but as the show progresses mas bumenta saken ang Joo Jong Won at Tae Gong Shil na team up!at mas sini-ship ko pa sila sa real life!waley na,nabaliw na ang loley mo!
    At saka mas bagay talaga si kang woo at
    tae Yi-ryung
    :love:

Talagang try and try until you succeed sha eh!:rotflmao:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]tumblr_mwomfpq48Z1sdxvjao3_400.gif[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    At eto pa:love:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]tumblr_mvvg193YKY1sdxvjao2_250.gif[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Ayeeeee!
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Sweet ng signature da moves nila

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]tumblr_mvifb6kIUy1sdxvjao1_500.gif[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    carino brutal
    at its best:lol: