FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Oral Sex, HPV and Throat/Mouth Cancer

may thread na pala na ganito, gumawa pa naman ako ng separate thread for HPV. repost ko nalang dito question ko.

hi everyone. i read in the net lately that certain strains of the hpv virus could cause throat or mouth cancers, and this virus could be passed through oral sex. I have been sexually active for the past three years and have performed oral sex on at least four women. am i at great risk acquiring throat/mouth cancer later in life? i dont drink or smoke by the way, just sexually active.

what really freaked me out was about two years ago, i had discomfort in swallowing. no pain but it just feels like something is stuck in your throat. doctors had no clue what it was and just said i had esophageal dismotility. i only had it for about two weeks then it was gone, and i never experienced it again. i never thought it could be possibly caused by hpv until now. is this thing i experienced something serious? or is it just a mild infection caused by some other hpv strain? is this sign cancer is developing?

Good news is now, i have quit this lifestyle of mine and decided to be celibate as long as i could handle it. its now been a year and a half since my last sexual activity. Will this further reduce my chances of getting throat/mouth cancer later in life or too late na if i acquired hpv already through oral sex?

please advise so i can have peace of mind. thank you.

sorry may merged thread na pala on std, paki merge nalang po or answer there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file