Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread misinformation.

Food combinations

so malapit na naman ang pasko kaya party here and party there ang peg ng mga tao ngayon.

I was asked to "cater" a buffet and it's up to me what to prepare.

And here's my list:
baked tahong
pansit canton w/ shrimp and veggies (no meat)
cordon bleu
pork tika masala
either rice or lettuce salad as side dish
leche plan for dessert.

My concern is between baked tahong and tika masala. You think, food lovers out there, that this is a good combination or a contradiction with each other???

take note that tika masala has strong flavor compare to the other foods in the menu.

thanks thanks in advance sa mga mag response. :)

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i would suggest some vegetables. something from the market that looks the most freshest - asparagus, mushrooms, etc. prepared simply.

baked tahong, i would get rid off. it consumes so much cook space and so much prep time for so little reward. (one small bite) You don't have a fish dish.
    maybe shrimps sauteed in garlic, butter and beer.
  • Okay lang ang baked tahong, hit na hit yan lagi sa mga parties, usually unang nauubos pa nga yun.

May concern lang sa tikka masala, odd one out ang dating, biglang spicy. Lahat ng dishes mo ay common catering fares, kulang na nga lang dun sa list mo ay isang fish fillet dish at isang creamy vegetable dish, hehehehehe.

Pero ganyang dishes ang hit sa mga Pinoy sa handaan eh. Except for the tikka masala dish, safe choices yung rest, tyak na magugustuhan ng marami. Palitan mo na lang kaya ng isa pang usual dish yung tikka masala, gawin mo na lang menudo.
  • i would suggest some vegetables. something from the market that looks the most freshest - asparagus, mushrooms, etc. prepared simply.

baked tahong, i would get rid off. it consumes so much cook space and so much prep time for so little reward. (one small bite) You don't have a fish dish.
    maybe shrimps sauteed in garlic, butter and beer.

i forgot to mention na ready na yung tahong for baking. The only thing i have to do is budburan ng garlic, butter at cheese yung mga tahong. So this will not take too much time.

Nasa isip ko na rin ang maghanda ng fish but too much na rin yung hahanda ko kung dadagdagan ko pa. As for the veggies, alternative ko na lang yung salad.

:)
  • cuervo1800 wrote: »
    Okay lang ang baked tahong, hit na hit yan lagi sa mga parties, usually unang nauubos pa nga yun.

May concern lang sa tikka masala, odd one out ang dating, biglang spicy. Lahat ng dishes mo ay common catering fares, kulang na nga lang dun sa list mo ay isang fish fillet dish at isang creamy vegetable dish, hehehehehe.

Pero ganyang dishes ang hit sa mga Pinoy sa handaan eh. Except for the tikka masala dish, safe choices yung rest, tyak na magugustuhan ng marami. Palitan mo na lang kaya ng isa pang usual dish yung tikka masala, gawin mo na lang menudo.

Now im beginning to doubt about that tika masala. Hmmm.. maybe i will make sweet and sour pork na lang instead. I have done menudo na kasi before for this same group of people. hehehe.. Baka maumay naman sila. Thanks to your suggestion anyway. :)

Actually fish na lang talaga ang kulang. But as I have said it will be too much kung magdagdag pa ako ng isda.

There was a time na nakatikim ako ng creamy vegetable dish nung nagcruise ako. Something like cauliflower na very creamy yung sauce. It was so good and I even tried to look for the recipe. Pero di ko makita.
    think of other dishes aside from the tikka masala. people are not accustomed to seeing that, hence will probably get the pass.
    i would suggest lechon kawali. quite easy to make. feeds a lot of people.

"i forgot to mention na ready na yung tahong for baking. The only thing i have to do is budburan ng garlic, butter at cheese yung mga tahong. So this will not take too much time. "

please... explain.. how this works..?

tahong takes up a lot of baking spaces and it results in a small amount of bite, is what i am talking about. a small party, this would be okay. but a bigger head count, definitely hard to maintain.

you won't be able to keep up with the amount of demand for this. i did not say it's not delicious. i am saying it's hard to prepare for a big crowd.
  • think of other dishes aside from the tikka masala. people are not accustomed to seeing that, hence will probably get the pass.
    i would suggest lechon kawali. quite easy to make. feeds a lot of people.

dry na kasi yung cordon bleu kaya I opt to make sweet and sour pork na lang. pero lechon kawali can be a good topping to canton.

"i forgot to mention na ready na yung tahong for baking. The only thing i have to do is budburan ng garlic, butter at cheese yung mga tahong. So this will not take too much time. "

please... explain.. how this works..? i bought it from a store which is already cooked and it's specially prepared for making bake tahong.

tahong takes up a lot of baking spaces and it results in a small amount of bite, is what i am talking about. a small party, this would be okay. but a bigger head count, definitely hard to maintain.

you won't be able to keep up with the amount of demand for this. i did not say it's not delicious. i am saying it's hard to prepare for a big crowd. i think i have enough mussels here. so it wont be a problem.
    "i bought it from a store which is already cooked and it's specially prepared for making bake tahong."

Just make sure that they make it fresh instore everyday. otherwise you run the risk of causing guests lbm.

never play fire when it comes to shellfishes.
  • About the mussels, na-confuse din ako dun, ano yun you bought it frozen? or freeze dried?
  • TS, kung lechon kawali, lahat ng dishes mo ay fried (and baked), hence dry lahat. Better opt for a dish that has a bit of sauce in it, so okay lang ang sweet and sour pork, or maybe a beef dish, mechado puede.
    TS, kung lechon kawali, lahat ng dishes mo ay fried (and baked), hence dry lahat. Better opt for a dish that has a bit of sauce in it, so okay lang ang sweet and sour pork, or maybe a beef dish, mechado puede.

Actually hindi naman dry yung cordon bleu, not unless kung ayaw nila lagyan ng sauce. I decided na mag sweet and sour na lang. Beef will do also pero next tym na lang yun. Thank you for your comments!
    About the mussels, na-confuse din ako dun, ano yun you bought it frozen? or freeze dried?
    Yup. Like this one.
    http://www.gardyneholt.co.nz/international/1379/pure-new-zealand-greenshell-mussels/
  • Yeah. I know. But Im very sure na good quality yung nabili ko na mussel.
    It will be a nightmare kung mag LBM mga guest.