Anthony Davis vs. Blake Griffin

SamboyLim9SamboyLim9 Best Player In the Game PExer
11298664-large.jpg

nafw7.AuSt.79.jpg

Who's the better NBA player this season? Both are putting up good all around numbers so far this season.

Comments

• jaysonwafuxDjaysonwafuxD #WeTheNorth PExer
    Davis does it on both ends while Blake, ah forget his defense :lol:
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    LOL No contest. This is really just a testament to how overrated Blake Griffin is. For an athletic big man, he absolutely sucks at DEFENSE while Anthony Davis is a Defensive Beast, reminds me of a young KG actually.

Davis - defensive beast
    Griffin - flopper
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    Anthony Davis's rookie season is better than Griffin's entire career thus far who's basically the same player as he was when he first entered the league.. and you can even make a case that he's regressing.

Another thing that sets Davis apart from Griffin is that he didn't have a jump shot either, but he worked on it during the summer and now he can knock it down from anywhere inside the arc.
  • pbadormpbadorm Member PExer
    no contest here. davis is a beast!.

pero sana di mangyari sa kanya ang nangyari kay amare stoudamire when he was in phoenix. amare was a beast that time doing offense and defensive skills. pero injuries hounded stoudamire na until now. hirap na sya bumangon sa kanyang nasirang career dahil sa injury.

pero sana nga tuloy tuloy na at di na mainjured si davis
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ..... its no contest

ADavis is the better player than BGriffin. Blake does not even have a mid-range jumpshot. that is why he has more assist than ADavis.

sino ang masmagaling na DUNKer kay ADavis and BGriffin ang pagusapan na lang.
  • white rabbitwhite rabbit stoned PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    agree, davis is better on both ends.
    ..... its no contest

ADavis is the better player than BGriffin. Blake does not even have a mid-range jumpshot. that is why he has more assist than ADavis.

sino ang masmagaling na DUNKer kay ADavis and BGriffin ang pagusapan na lang.

Why is everyone focused on "Anthony Davis has a better mid-range jump shot?". The more important thing that separates the 2 and makes Davis a much better player is their Defense. I honestly don't care if they both suck at shooting or are both great shooters, I'd take the big man who is a monster on the defensive end any day of the weak.
  • eric_gordoneric_gordon its game time! PExer
    mas maganda atang title ng thread e sino ang mas hate niyong player?! davis o griffin. hehehe dun sa nagsabing mas maganda pa ang rookie season ni davis sa entire career ni griffin e **** naman di masamang tignan stats nung dalawa

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/davisan02.html#per_minute::none

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html#per_minute::none
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    dun sa nagsabing mas maganda pa ang rookie season ni davis sa entire career ni griffin e **** naman di masamang tignan stats nung dalawa

It's not just about the stats (although I can make a strong argument why Davis still blows his out of the water) but as a player. In just his first year, Davis was a potential all-NBA Team caliber defender in addition to being able to rebound and score despite not having a functioning game away from the basket — which he then worked on and in less than a year is now part of his arsenal.

Griffin on the other hand, still can't knock down free throws, has no reliable jumper (if anything at all) and will most likely never show any interest on defense in the future. Amar'e is a somewhat similar case (never cared how to rebound properly or defend) but at least he developed a nigh-automatic midrange jumper on just his third year, which no one gave him credit for.
    mas maganda atang title ng thread e sino ang mas hate niyong player?! davis o griffin. hehehe dun sa nagsabing mas maganda pa ang rookie season ni davis sa entire career ni griffin e **** naman di masamang tignan stats nung dalawa

One word: DEFENSE..
  • nick_28nick_28 FVCK U JIM BUSS PExer
    anthony davis by a mile.....

and he's a future laker..........book it...:lol:
  • taj_2306taj_2306 Member PExer
    Anthony Davis is a potential NBA MVP in the future, I dont see that in Griffin.
  • brutallyhonestbrutallyhonest Celtic Pride PExer
    Maybe a better competition would be Davis vs. Love
    davis vs love?

i would also pick anthony davis over love, love is great because his rebounding and shooting threes.

but i like davis, his hustle, his defense, and all around plays makes him a great player.

plus not to mention hes the more great defender than kevin love, and shot blocker.

reminds me of a young athletic kevin garnett here.
  • cotton_oncotton_on strive for greatness PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    si Love kasi ang laro niya is somewhat similar to Dirk Nowitzki (with the scoring and 3 point shooting) pero with rebounding. also, he now shares the ball this season, averaging 5 assists per game.

on topic: although yung averages ni BG32 noong rookie season niya is OK, I see "unibrow" has the more upside across all aspects than Blake.
    Love has improved his defense steadily over the years but Davis is still so much better on that end. I still think Love is better because he has a more all around offensive game but watch out for Davis in a few years. IMo in the future maglalaban laban for DPOY: Davis, Hibbert, Drummond
    nick_28 wrote: »
    anthony davis by a mile.....

and he's a future laker..........book it...:lol:

Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    Paul George
    Anthony Davis

Damn the Lakers are gonna look solid in 2016. :lol:
    Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    Paul George
    Anthony Davis

Damn the Lakers are gonna look solid in 2016. :lol:

May Carmelo Anthony pa :lol:
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's not just about the stats (although I can make a strong argument why Davis still blows his out of the water) but as a player. In just his first year, Davis was a potential all-NBA Team caliber defender in addition to being able to rebound and score despite not having a functioning game away from the basket — which he then worked on and in less than a year is now part of his arsenal.

Griffin on the other hand, still can't knock down free throws, has no reliable jumper (if anything at all) and will most likely never show any interest on defense in the future. Amar'e is a somewhat similar case (never cared how to rebound properly or defend) but at least he developed a nigh-automatic midrange jumper on just his third year, which no one gave him credit for.

ADavis > AStoudemire > BGriffin

although Stoudemire and Griffin has a better passing game.
    Love has improved his defense steadily over the years but Davis is still so much better on that end. I still think Love is better because he has a more all around offensive game but watch out for Davis in a few years. IMo in the future maglalaban laban for DPOY: Davis, Hibbert, Drummond

laterals of love is so slow compared to davis. what do you mean in terms of defense?

if low post defense love can defend. but if all around defense , like weakside defense, lowpost defense. transition defense, double teaming defense davis owns it all because of his quickness, athleticism. basketball iq, and most importantly his LENGTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file