Home PEx Sports PBA
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

GIANT WATCH: Junemar Fajardo vs. Greg Slaughter (Renewing the Rivalry)

1568101114

Comments

  • ShoshinShoshin "X' Marks the Spot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Buhay pa :rotflmao:
  • mikemurnimikemurni Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ano kaya yun:D
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    warpalakol wrote: »
    Ginebra did make a good choice drafting Greg. Nung hindi pa nag sisimula ang draft a lot of ginebra fans are rooting to get Ian Sanggalang. Ian is a good player but Greg is the one they need right now plus click na click ang tandem ni greg at japeth. Swerte ng Ginebra to have this two players.

    I think ang naging malaking turn-off ni Ian is that when he was discovered to being only a little over 6'5 with a 77 inch wingspan. To put things into perspective, his wingspan is just as long as the wingspan of James Forrester who his almost 4 inches shorter.
  • ShoshinShoshin "X' Marks the Spot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    brief wrote: »
    I think ang naging malaking turn-off ni Ian is that when he was discovered to being only a little over 6'5 with a 77 inch wingspan. To put things into perspective, his wingspan is just as long as the wingspan of James Forrester who his almost 4 inches shorter.

    When the Biometrics was made public, it was clear that Greg is the right choice. Ginebra needs a Center and Ian Sanggalang will make a perfect Power Forward in the PBA.
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mikemurni wrote: »
    Masyado pa maaga para malaman.. But based on the first 2 games, and if Slaughter continues to get these same type of numbers, we can say that nasapawan na ni Slaughter yun numbers ni Fajardo in the 1st conference...

    Because Fajardo wasn't getting the numbers he is producing now in a consistent basis during his first 2 conference in the PBA...

    Which brings us to what Toroman said.. Mukhang tama nga siya dahil mas nakapag adjust nga ng mas maaga si Slaughter sa PBA compared to Fajardo...Yun kung magtuloy tuloy yun ginagawa ni Slaughter ngayon....

    I have to admit di ko inexpect ang bilis ng adjustment ni Slaughter sa PBA. Whether nakatulong na kasama niya si Japeth or talagang may nakita si Toroman sa kanya, tama ang sinabi ni Toroman and naunang nakaadjust si Greg. But I have to go back sa 2nd part ng comment ko dito: we have to see if GS becomes as dominant as JF by the time Governor cup comes.

    To be fair Ginebra doesn't need GS to be dominant offensively. However as fans natural lang na i-compare natin yung mga players, especially silang dalwa kasi from what they've shown so far their both the future of Philippine basketball.

    On a side-note, medyo down si JF last game (10 pts, 12 rebs, 2 blks lang) and coincidentally up stats ni MVP. I hope it is just foul-trouble.
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    brief wrote: »
    I think ang naging malaking turn-off ni Ian is that when he was discovered to being only a little over 6'5 with a 77 inch wingspan. To put things into perspective, his wingspan is just as long as the wingspan of James Forrester who his almost 4 inches shorter.

    Yup medyo short wingspan ni Ian for a center. For this reason I think he'd better concentrate on his perimeter shots or practice yung mga palobo na shots. Mahihirapan siya kung dedepensahan siya ng mga 6'7 and up centers/PFs. On the other hand Eric Menk is an example of a big man who dominated despite having short limbs. Hehe so kung magpalaki siya tulad ni Major Pain baka pwede pa siya mag-dominate sa ilalim :)
  • real13fast13real13fast13 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mikemurni wrote: »
    Masyado pa maaga para malaman.. But based on the first 2 games, and if Slaughter continues to get these same type of numbers, we can say that nasapawan na ni Slaughter yun numbers ni Fajardo in the 1st conference...

    Because Fajardo wasn't getting the numbers he is producing now in a consistent basis during his first 2 conference in the PBA...

    Which brings us to what Toroman said.. Mukhang tama nga siya dahil mas nakapag adjust nga ng mas maaga si Slaughter sa PBA compared to Fajardo...Yun kung magtuloy tuloy yun ginagawa ni Slaughter ngayon....


    sabi ni coach T. sa depensa yan si gregory "slaughter" slaughter mag excel kita naman with his double digit ave. sa rebound at may kasama pang shot blocking.. yung points bonus na lang yan pero welcome na welcome kung mag iimprove din sya dyan..
  • NoctizNoctiz Bloodborne PExer
    I'm not talking about on who will have an easier time adjusting to the PBA brand of play or who will have a better stats right now. I'm talking to who is better between the Two. And i'm sure it's JF right now, even if the stats is are in favor of Greg in this 1st 2 games, if you look at the line up we can see how the Twin Towers of Ginebra is complementing each other, on the other side if you look at PBB which only have JF right now as the sole Center there, if you put Greg on Ginebra without Japeth and having only Mamaril or Wilson in that matter, i don't think Greg would have that kind of stats, the ability of Japeth and all those superstars Ginebra has like Caguioa & Tenorio around Greg make him better, again i'm just basing this comparison one on one just between Greg & JF. ;) so looking in that perspective imo it's JF.
  • jsonmilesjsonmiles Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Big difference? tignan mo kung ano binago ng laro nina Jayr at Japeth.. Because this guys love to play the 4 position (kita nyo namn si Jayr nung nasa Alaska siya) nagkakalio lito yun laro nung dalawa pag pinaglalaro sila ng sentro..
  • shazam761shazam761 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    actually, IMO, I think Greg's game was not showcased during his stint with Ateneo since the system of the school was based on ball movement that does not highlight individual player's skills. That's why even if they are perennial champs and contenders they were not able to produce superstar PBA players. Moreover, their system hides a player's weakness and gives the impression that a player is very good when in fact he is just an average player-case in point Rich Alvarez. Ateneo took Slaughter in, even if they will not benefit from his game because of their system, just to make sure that no other school would get him and used him against them. In short, from the time Greg left Cebu and played for Ateneo and the Gilas pool, he may have developed his game further in practices with the likes of Asi Taulava and his teammate Aguilar. However, due to the fact that Ateneo's system does not permit him to show all his skills, a lot of people, except of course his coaches, didn't know how good his game has become. That's why Toroman made that prediction that Slaughter would adjust quickly to the pBA style of play.
  • budz1177budz1177 Member PExer
    magaling naman si slaughter pala eh. magandang laban ito sa pasko.

    right now, mas magaling si fajardo kasi alam na nya ang laro sa pba. time will tell kung sino ang mas magaling. after the season na natin husgahan
  • sircharles_08sircharles_08 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    budz1177 wrote: »
    magaling naman si slaughter pala eh. magandang laban ito sa pasko.

    right now, mas magaling si fajardo kasi alam na nya ang laro sa pba. time will tell kung sino ang mas magaling. after the season na natin husgahan

    In terms of skills mas lamang si junmar, but will make the difference is the team composition. Ginebra is loaded in every position, and they have players that compliments very well with Greg's game. This is also the reason kung bakit parang naging mas madali para kay Greg ang makapag adjust sa PBA.
  • KoyomiKoyomi Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Tama, ikaw ba naman may LA Tenorio na PG eh talagang mapapadali trabaho mo
  • jazzperjazzper In Your Mind PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^^plus japeth aguilar is there another giant in the paint. two heads are better than one
  • warpalakolwarpalakol Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Koyomi wrote: »
    Tama, ikaw ba naman may LA Tenorio na PG eh talagang mapapadali trabaho mo

    May cabagnot naman si Fajardo :)
  • warpalakolwarpalakol Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    jazzper wrote: »
    ^^^plus japeth aguilar is there another giant in the paint. two heads are better than one

    May Arwind Santos na MVP naman na teammate si Fajardo kaya patas lang :)
  • ShoshinShoshin "X' Marks the Spot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Okay lang na mas magaling si Greg Slaughter kesa kay JuneMar basta manalo ang Petron laban sa Ginebra *okay* yun naman mas importante :lol:
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    warpalakol wrote: »
    May cabagnot naman si Fajardo :)
    warpalakol wrote: »
    May Arwind Santos na MVP naman na teammate si Fajardo kaya patas lang :)

    Edited -- palpak comprehension ko. Disregard my post.:lol:
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    warpalakol wrote: »
    May Arwind Santos na MVP naman na teammate si Fajardo kaya patas lang :)

    I don't know kung ironic ang post mo :) Pero sana nagbago na si MVP. Mamya mag stats-padding na naman siya to the detriment of the team.
  • jazzperjazzper In Your Mind PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Shoshin wrote: »
    Okay lang na mas magaling si Greg Slaughter kesa kay JuneMar basta manalo ang Petron laban sa Ginebra *okay* yun naman mas importante :lol:

    Para sa akin dapat parehong magaling para mapaganda ang kampanya natin sa Espanya. Yun ang pinaka importante.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file