COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

GIANT WATCH: Junemar Fajardo vs. Greg Slaughter (Renewing the Rivalry)

Comments

• EL_GranadaEL_Granada ultras kaya-loyola PExer
    nakakatawa tingnan ni Greg mag lowpost, ang awkward kasi parang maa-out balance kaagad tapos hindi pa nya nahihila paatras ang defender nya
  • KoyomiKoyomi Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ OO nung pinostehan nya si Ranidel, Kailangan nya pa talaga improve yung Low post nya
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life PEx Expert 🎖️
    EL_Granada wrote: »
    nakakatawa tingnan ni Greg mag lowpost, ang awkward kasi parang maa-out balance kaagad tapos hindi pa nya nahihila paatras ang defender nya
    Koyomi wrote: »
    ^ OO nung pinostehan nya si Ranidel, Kailangan nya pa talaga improve yung Low post nya

hindi naman low post moves ang kulang ni greg. ang kulang sa kanya ay strength. this is the reason why lamang na lamang si junmar sa rebounding department, why junmar is so good when it comes to sealing his defender and boxing out.

i believe naman that this can be remedied by strength training during the offseason which, unfortunately, will only happen starting next year
  • ShoshinShoshin "X' Marks the Spot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^
    No! It is Footwork that he needs to work on.
  • jacel27jacel27 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Koyomi wrote: »
    nagtatalo pa antay nalang tayo sa pasko!

Gregzilla vs The Kraken
    Japeth vs MVP

Oo nga wag na tayo magtalo. Obvious naman kung sino mas magaling.

Saka wag na tayo magtaka dahil yung mas magaling, kelangan sa favorite napupunta. :naughty:
  • aldrin_onlyaldrin_only Retired Rogelio PExer
    At this point, si Fajardo ang may advantage... Greg still has a lot to work on... Tulad nga ng sabi niyo, footwork, stregth, and Basketball IQ ang kailangan niyang i-improve... Junmar had the luxury to have Danny I to mentor him, at napalaking tulong nun... He already had the strength to begin with, tapos ang magtuturo pa sa iyo ay si Danny I... Ang galing lang... I would not expect a lot sa laban nila, hopefully Greg can hold his own against The Kraken... :)
  • MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    I'll be happy if Greg, Japeth and JayR could limit Junemar Fajardo production to say.. 12pts 8 rebs or if Gregzilla could at least match the Kraken's contributions thus nullifying each other.

:winky:
  • EL_GranadaEL_Granada ultras kaya-loyola PExer
    lovejones wrote: »
    hindi naman low post moves ang kulang ni greg. ang kulang sa kanya ay strength. this is the reason why lamang na lamang si junmar sa rebounding department, why junmar is so good when it comes to sealing his defender and boxing out.

i believe naman that this can be remedied by strength training during the offseason which, unfortunately, will only happen starting next year

if Greg can improve his sealing, hindi na nya kailangan mag lowpost. all he need is hook shot or tear drop nalang. dapat nya e maximize ang advantage nya, at yun yung wingspan nya.
    Shoshin wrote: »
    ^^
    No! It is Footwork that he needs to work on.

Nope. It's strength, and that is the one thing Chot told him to improve on when he was cut from the Gilas pool.
    EL_Granada wrote: »
    if Greg can improve his sealing, hindi na nya kailangan mag lowpost. all he need is hook shot or tear drop nalang. dapat nya e maximize ang advantage nya, at yun yung wingspan nya.

precisely my point when i said it's his strength he needs to improve on and not his low post moves. you can't seal someone if you can't push back your defender and get into your sweet spot in the low blocks. without strength, you'll just get pushed away. what greg has been doing right now is just use his height. hopefully, lumakas pa siya para mas tumindi ang threat niya sa ilalim.
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert 🎖️
    Nope. It's strength, and that is the one thing Chot told him to improve on when he was cut from the Gilas pool.

I agree. May footwork si Greg, hinde lang din masyadong evident because he is slow. Yung strength nya ang kailangan nyang i-improve because thats the reason why he cant get deeper positions inside the paint. But that can be remedied.
    Jess24 wrote: »
    I agree. May footwork si Greg, hinde lang din masyadong evident because he is slow. Yung strength nya ang kailangan nyang i-improve because thats the reason why he cant get deeper positions inside the paint. But that can be remedied.

Mukhang next year pa lol. Parang wala naman kasing mahabang season break sa PBA eh
  • jazzperjazzper In Your Mind PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes may galaw naman si Greg. Kulang lang sa tigas yung pangangatawan para hindi matulak at ma box out sa loob. Mas advantage lalo kung marunong syang pumwesto sa ilalim at kunin ang defensive at offensive rebound sabay putback.
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    precisely my point when i said it's his strength he needs to improve on and not his low post moves. you can't seal someone if you can't push back your defender and get into your sweet spot in the low blocks. without strength, you'll just get pushed away. what greg has been doing right now is just use his height. hopefully, lumakas pa siya para mas tumindi ang threat niya sa ilalim.

Actually this is the one physical advantage of June Mar over Greg, he has a wider base. Greg may have a wider wingspan and and inch or so height advantage but dominant back to the basket post players generally have one thing in common, a wide posterior. Tim Duncan, Barkley, Zach Randolph. They don't exactly jump high but when they seal their backside against the defender, goodbye na. Look at Patrimonio and Espino, they don't jump high but are very effective in the post.

The only recent NBA dominant low post player that didn't have this was Hakeem Olajuwon. Shaq had a pretty big posterior so he could easily push his man down for those dunks. Howard on the other hand used his massive shoulders and extraordinary vertical to gain space but still was not as dominant as Shaq and Duncan were in their prime.

If Greg can strengthen his base maybe he could be as effective as Taulava or Thoss. But as far as sealing I doubt he can be as good as June Mar. But he is already a very good shot blocker and offensive rebounder. I'd rather for him to improve his quickness so he can get positioning for his jump hooks like Thoss. Look,Thoss is a pretty good offensive player even without being able to seal like JF can. So Greg doesn't have to copy June Mar for him to be effective offensively.
    IshmaelM wrote: »
    Actually this is the one physical advantage of June Mar over Greg, he has a wider base. Greg may have a wider wingspan and and inch or so height advantage but dominant back to the basket post players generally have one thing in common, a wide posterior. Tim Duncan, Barkley, Zach Randolph. They don't exactly jump high but when they seal their backside against the defender, goodbye na. Look at Patrimonio and Espino, they don't jump high but are very effective in the post.

The only recent NBA dominant low post player that didn't have this was Hakeem Olajuwon. Shaq had a pretty big posterior so he could easily push his man down for those dunks. Howard on the other hand used his massive shoulders and extraordinary vertical to gain space but still was not as dominant as Shaq and Duncan were in their prime.

If Greg can strengthen his base maybe he could be as effective as Taulava or Thoss. But as far as sealing I doubt he can be as good as June Mar. But he is already a very good shot blocker and offensive rebounder. I'd rather for him to improve his quickness so he can get positioning for his jump hooks like Thoss. Look,Thoss is a pretty good offensive player even without being able to seal like JF can. So Greg doesn't have to copy June Mar for him to be effective offensively.

I seem to remember an article where The Admiral David Robinson said that if he only had wider hips he would have been a lot better and more effective in the lowpost.
  • louiegilouiegi Member PExer
    i-babad lang si greg sa laro and let him gain confidence tiyak mag-iimprove pa siya. they'll be both dominant in 2-3 years time.
  • ageeceeageecee Member PExer
    May nakakaalala ba nung stats ni Fajardo nung first few games niya sa PBA para ma compare sa stats ni Greg?
  • shazam761shazam761 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yes, Junmar's advantage over Greg is his wide posterior and his natural strength, even the veteran big guys say this about Junmar. Also during the biometrics of his rookie batch he had the most push-ups at 200, which goes to show his upper body strength that is needed for a low-post player. Greg should do a lot more bench presses with heavier barbells so that he wont be boxed-out in the paint.
  • j.krisrj.krisr Lurker PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ageecee wrote: »
    May nakakaalala ba nung stats ni Fajardo nung first few games niya sa PBA para ma compare sa stats ni Greg?

June Mar Fajardo

Games Played: 8
    Minutes Per Game: 25.8

10.62 PPG
    9 RPG
    1.38 BPG
    1.88 TOPG

Greg Slaughter

Games Played: 5
    Minutes Per Game: 31.6

13.6 PPG
    10.4 RPG
    1.8 BPG
    2 TOPG
  • verde04verde04 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^ almost the same lang din pala if you would compare the minutes .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file