GIANT WATCH: Junemar Fajardo vs. Greg Slaughter (Renewing the Rivalry)

ely_tistaely_tista Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Now their CESAFI match up is already in the books, let's start and refresh the rivalry between the future of RP basketball, Fajardo vs. Slaughter...

Tignan natin ang performance nila buong season...

Comments

• Drahow ein EnteDrahow ein Ente twitter.com/htdee PExer
    MVP or other non-SMC teams should get one of these guys. :evil:
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Legend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    By the end of their careers, I think Junemar will leave a better legacy, stats, and awards but Greggy will have more rings. We will see :naughty:
  • lawgonelawgone Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    By the end of their careers, I think Junemar will leave a better legacy, stats, and awards but Greggy will have more rings. We will see :naughty:

Unless they ended up playing for the same team! :rotflmao:
  • pbadormpbadorm Member PExer
    ito pinaka hihintay kong matchup. naalala ko when i was a kid bonel balingit vs ej fiehl..

buti ngayon meron nang reminisence of the two

bonel balingit = junmar fajardo vs ej fiehl = greg slaughter

battle of the slowest centers :D
  • thirtyonethirtyone Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nakakatawa naman ang comparison mo to think na si abueva e lebron james ang level ha at si cyrus na kobe tapos si buenafe si caguioa hahaha! Hay minsan ok din na hindi ka ma hide e no, pampalipas oras din.
  • miyu_07miyu_07 Member PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    they are like Ildefonso and Adducul nun college days nila if only adducul choose to play sa PBA baka ganyan din nangyari sa kanila dati..
  • poypelpoypel Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    katol pa!!!! iba talaga tama ng katol kahit saan. :-D
  • GraysonGrayson Member PExer
    I've been thinking about this even nung nasa amateurs pa sila pero mejo mahirap i compare in my opinion...

Greg has more shooting and ang laro nya usually comes from the outside, low post face the basket type, mas finesse and athletic rin si Greg

Si JF naman, more on your traditional back to the basket big man, and uses his strength and makikipagbangaan sa loob
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It seems sa CESAFI Slaughter got the better of June Mar. But June Mar has become stronger and better so the situation is a bit different. But for the first time in the PBA June Mar will meet somebody who's taller. It will be interesting to see if he can overpower Slaughter just like everybody else in the league or will he try to finesse his way against him. In defense will see if he'll be able to stop somebody taller and who has some heft.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    IshmaelM wrote: »
    It seems sa CESAFI Slaughter got the better of June Mar. But June Mar has become stronger and better so the situation is a bit different. But for the first time in the PBA June Mar will meet somebody who's taller. It will be interesting to see if he can overpower Slaughter just like everybody else in the league or will he try to finesse his way against him. In defense will see if he'll be able to stop somebody taller and who has some heft.

diba cesafi days pa lang, lamang na si junemar sa kanya
  • karlo_12karlo_12 New Wade Order PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Based from the articles ive read. Lamang si junemar one on one matchup, pero one man team lang si junemar. Greg had better help from team mates.. May mga naging former pba players pa nga.

Then greg went to manila and played for ateneo kaya mas natrain sya ng maigi.

Tignan natin mang yayari ngayon, ginebra and petron are both loaded. Tignan natin magiging matchup haha
    Sorry based my conclusion on who won the finals and the few highlights that I saw. If patas ang supporting cast e di alam na sino ang mananalo ;)
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Malaki ang ginaling ni Slaughter sa Ateneo compared to his CESAFI days. Although talo pa rin siya kay June Mar despite that improvement.
  • ageeceeageecee Member PExer
    No doubt about it. lamang si Fajardo pero may ibang skills naman si Slaughter na pwede niyang i utilize.
    Just look at Balingit's talent in the video.
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    ageecee wrote: »
    No doubt about it. lamang si Fajardo pero may ibang skills naman si Slaughter na pwede niyang i utilize.
    Just look at Balingit's talent in the video.

Balingit = Fajardo sabi ni pbadorm.:lol:
    brief wrote: »
    Balingit = Fajardo sabi ni pbadorm.:lol:

Ang layo pbardorm. Halos walang hawig ang laro nila. Kung pipilitin mo pareho silang infuenced in Ramon Fernandez. Si Balingit nun may "elegant" shot siya. Maganda ang shooting form ni June Mar. Pero ang layo ng laro nila pre sa katawang palang. Huwag mo ng piliting ang comparison kung di pwede. Pero kung sabagay si Yeng Guiao ba nagsabi dati na parang Balingit daw si June Mar ;) ?
  • pbadormpbadorm Member PExer
    parehas sila kasi naaalala ko dominating din si balingit nun. sa pop cola.. sa lineup ng alaska na abbarientos hawkins et al. sa popcola sila nahirapan. muntikan pa sila masilat. tangkad kasi ni balingit :D
  • Cool_EnzCool_Enz The Sports Guy PExer
    June Mar Fajardo is now way ahead of Greg Slaughter skills wise. Remember, Fajardo honed his skills in the ABL after a stellar collegiate career with University of Cebu. There he was ranged against taller and burlier imports. He showed some improvements with Petron and even became a better player after his stint with Gilas Pilipinas in this year's FIBA Asia Championship.

Slaughter, in contrast, opted to remain in the less-competitive UAAP where he was mostly guarded by 6'5 centers. Even there he wasn't really the dominant type of a player. And Slaughter had a forgettable season in the D-League, often missing his team's games due to his studies. :socool:
  • KamenRaidaKamenRaida Tagapagligtas ng Naapi PExer
    Gaguhan na to San Miguel Corporation lang may higante

nyakakakakak
  • I think Junemar is still the 6'9+" (and above) to beat on this Season 39, especially on the 1st cup.

Greg will still make some adjustments while JF is already well accustomed to his team.

Many Alaska fans were already anticipating JF before his ABL stint with San Miguel, kasi nga coach nya ang former Alaska gunman Coach Ruel Gomez, kaya may idea na kami on his capabilities (but since binakuran na ng San Miguel, eh we're happy that someone like Abueva can be a possible draft instead).

JF will definitely remain a monster on the next 7yrs pa.

Si Greg he'll reach that level maybe on his 2nd yr., syempre nandyan din si Japeth sa GSM kaya "subconsciously" the need and urge for him to be the most dominant BIGMAN player in the team would not be right there agad (unlike on Junemar's case).

Even pwedeng magkaiba sila ng position na lalaruin ni Japeth, I still think na hindi pa mahihigitan ni Greg either si Japeth or Fajardo at this moment.

Maybe after 3-conferences we can see a very competitive Fajardo-Slaughter rivalry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file