Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

dream broadcasting system

i've noticed in another thread that dream broadcasting system was included in the topic about other CABLE COMPANIES who carry star channels...


let me just clear things up..

first of all, we are NOT A CABLE COMPANY! it's a direct-to-home entertainment service or DTH for short. it's the first and only DTH service in the Philippines. Direct-to-home meaning satellite technology... meaning you get your feed, straight from the Mabuhay Satellite, Agila II. And therfore, its digital sound, DVD-like video..

and since its satellite, it encompasses the whole Philippines. Meaning, you can be in Tawi-tawi, and still receive the feed. (Actually, we are capable of transmitting to the whole SouthEAst Asia, but at this point in time we are concentrating first on the Philippines...)

You use a transportable satellite dish to receive the feed. Meaning, if you want to go outside Metro Manila, maybe to your provincial houses, you can bring the satellite dish, and still receive the feed.. Imagine not being limited to your house unlike cable.

Since its satellite, we not only carry video but 10 audio channels as well. Meaning, you can not only watch tv, but also listen to your favorite radio channels.

And while there is a general perception that it's expensive, we have several options which will makes paying easier for our subscribers like prepaid credit cards. Plus you have to take into consideration, that i heard, other cable companies will increase their monthly subscription. So if you're practically going to pay the same amount, dun ka na sa higher technology di ba?

If you guys are interested you can call our sales department at 812-20-25.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to watch major league baseball in ESPN... .. World Series is fast coming up, and I have a wager to make! mwahehe...

(oooh, nice move by kobe... NBA is also fast coming up, need I remind you guys?!!!)




:):)
«1

Comments

  • mahal kc e.. la akong pera pambili ng reciever... hehe

    pero ok sana nga ung dream..
  • do you get any US channel feed? (and i don't mean sports, i'm not a sports fan) if so what are they? i might actually consider you guys if i see that its worth it.
  • Originally posted by simurgh
    i've noticed in another thread that dream broadcasting system was included in the topic about other CABLE COMPANIES who carry star channels...


    let me just clear things up..

    first of all, we are NOT A CABLE COMPANY! it's a direct-to-home entertainment service or DTH for short. it's the first and only DTH service in the Philippines. Direct-to-home meaning satellite technology... meaning you get your feed, straight from the Mabuhay Satellite, Agila II. And therfore, its digital sound, DVD-like video..

    and since its satellite, it encompasses the whole Philippines. Meaning, you can be in Tawi-tawi, and still receive the feed. (Actually, we are capable of transmitting to the whole SouthEAst Asia, but at this point in time we are concentrating first on the Philippines...)

    You use a transportable satellite dish to receive the feed. Meaning, if you want to go outside Metro Manila, maybe to your provincial houses, you can bring the satellite dish, and still receive the feed.. Imagine not being limited to your house unlike cable.

    Since its satellite, we not only carry video but 10 audio channels as well. Meaning, you can not only watch tv, but also listen to your favorite radio channels.

    And while there is a general perception that it's expensive, we have several options which will makes paying easier for our subscribers like prepaid credit cards. Plus you have to take into consideration, that i heard, other cable companies will increase their monthly subscription. So if you're practically going to pay the same amount, dun ka na sa higher technology di ba?

    If you guys are interested you can call our sales department at 812-20-25.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to watch major league baseball in ESPN... .. World Series is fast coming up, and I have a wager to make! mwahehe...

    (oooh, nice move by kobe... NBA is also fast coming up, need I remind you guys?!!!)




    :):)



    you work for dream?what department do you belong to?i also work there. :)
  • can you get channels like HBO 1, 2, 3? NBC? the WB? UPN? CBS? ABC? MTV? and other US channels?! and also, do they air at the same time as the US?! i wanna know!!!
  • Originally posted by homeBuddy
    can you get channels like HBO 1, 2, 3? NBC? the WB? UPN? CBS? ABC? MTV? and other US channels?! and also, do they air at the same time as the US?! i wanna know!!!

    no,we don't offer HBO,Cinemax and Discovery :weep:
  • Finally.... someone from dream who might actully hear me :)

    I am a dream subscriber. it's not a choice actually, it's more of a necessity. we live in a place where the cable guys could not install their system, and so we have to get dream.

    However, I just have a "few" comments...

    First, in order for you to get the best package, meaning the most number of channels (total of 52), you have to pay 750 a month/TV, aside from the 20K that you initially shell out. Which means that if you have 3 TVs at home, you have to buy 3 units of the "processor" and pay 750 per month 3 times!!! Unless, you guys are willing to watch the same channels in all 3 TVs (which actually doesn't make sense). Kaya talagang mahal sha.

    Second, there's no HBO, Cinemax, Discovery and the funny Indian Channel :) Actually, when we asked for a brochure, these channels were included in the list pero after it has been installed, they told us that the abovementioned channels are not included. I think before, they used to have it but I guess they had problems kaya they have to stop showing these channels. Since June of this year (the month we started subscribing) until now, we haven't seen a shadow of these channels. :( Sana, the next time there are inquiries about the number of channels, they would tell the people right there and then that they don't have HBO, Cinemax and Discovery. (kaya masama loob ko kasi di ako nakakapanood ng Medical Detectives) HOwever, in fairness to DBS, they compensate these "shortcomings" by giving us additional 5 days for every 30-day "load".

    Third, konting ulan lang, wala nang signal. Remember, the signal is provided by sattelite so if the sky is cloudy, walang signal. :( Sana ma-improve yung system na it could withstand the clouds (pwede ba yun? Im not really a techie person kasi)

    All in all, it could have been worth it if all the promised channels are in. The sound and picture quality is really great compared to cable. Lalo na kung you watch the channels which are digitally provided (like AXN), maganda talaga yung sounds. Pero still, sana makumpleto na yung mga channels.

    Yun lang po :)

    ps. sana meron ring lifestyle network...:D

    and homebuddy, I don't think they air it simultaneously from the US. MTV is not the US MTV but MTV Asia (anjan si Donita eh). I think the time slot is the same as the cables', but im not really sure :teehee:
  • hi,PennyLane.
    about hbo/cinemax: when dream started, we did offer these channels, but since skycable was their bigger investor, they opted to drop us rather than lose skycable. with discovery channel, i think they are still working out a technical requirement with our system, so i couldn't really give you a timeframe as to when we would be offering this channel again.:(

    the headend (clark) is doing its best to enhance the system so that it would be able to withstand moderately heavy rainfall and cloudiness, so just sit tight, okay;)

    about your requested channel (lifestyle?), visit our website, www.dream.com.ph and e-mail us your requests, and we would consider it once we have acquired another transponder for our system, hokay?:spiral:
  • Originally posted by pangga25




    you work for dream?what department do you belong to?i also work there. :)

    talaga... small world... programming and acquisitions... (hint hint) so what dept are u from? hehe

    to pennylane: like what pangga25 said, we're still working out some requirements with the channels that you mentioned.. we're trying very very very hard to acquire these channels specially hbo and cinemax.. as proof of that, they're coming over to further discuss the possibility of their carriage... oh ok ba un??!!!

    the technology carries great potential.. and since we're still in the early stage of operations (we just started last april) we're definitely in the process of smoothing out kinks in the system... pero, pag naayos lahat... grabe, best entertainment service in the phils, i swear! :)
  • Originally posted by simurgh


    talaga... small world... programming and acquisitions... (hint hint) so what dept are u from? hehe

    to pennylane: like what pangga25 said, we're still working out some requirements with the channels that you mentioned.. we're trying very very very hard to acquire these channels specially hbo and cinemax.. as proof of that, they're coming over to further discuss the possibility of their carriage... oh ok ba un??!!!

    the technology carries great potential.. and since we're still in the early stage of operations (we just started last april) we're definitely in the process of smoothing out kinks in the system... pero, pag naayos lahat... grabe, best entertainment service in the phils, i swear! :)

    ako po ang unang nagtanong!:)
  • Originally posted by pangga25


    ako po ang unang nagtanong!:)

    sabi ko nga, programming and acquisitions... :)

    eh ikaw? hehehe
  • you know, if you can carry those US channels (look at the list homeBuddy gave), you will have a lot more subscribers.
  • Originally posted by DarthScully
    you know, if you can carry those US channels (look at the list homeBuddy gave), you will have a lot more subscribers.

    we already have a lot of subscribers, but the management will still be improving the channel line-up, so there's really no fuss;)
    also, as i mentioned above, once we have acquired a couple more transponders, more channels will be included.:beam:
  • Originally posted by simurgh


    sabi ko nga, programming and acquisitions... :)

    eh ikaw? hehehe

    call center.:p
  • Originally posted by pangga25


    call center.:p

    ayan sumagot na ko! hehehe... small world talaga.. tska ko na sasabihin kung sino ako... kase tagilid ako dahil dami ko na naisulat d2 sa pex... mwaheheheh :)
  • Originally posted by simurgh


    ayan sumagot na ko! hehehe... small world talaga.. tska ko na sasabihin kung sino ako... kase tagilid ako dahil dami ko na naisulat d2 sa pex... mwaheheheh :)

    nagwo-wonder na ang boss ko dito kung sino ka.hmmm....a wild guess....tsaka na lang!:p
  • Hey Pennylane:

    Thanks for your post. You just saved me 20+ big ones!
  • Originally posted by pangga25


    nagwo-wonder na ang boss ko dito kung sino ka.hmmm....a wild guess....tsaka na lang!:p

    MWAHEHEHE... teka sino bang bosing jan? si bosing vic?

    hehe... lumipat na ata siya jan ulit sa clmc, kasi naingayan sa min d2 sa programming!!!! :)
  • Originally posted by simurgh


    MWAHEHEHE... teka sino bang bosing jan? si bosing vic?

    hehe... lumipat na ata siya jan ulit sa clmc, kasi naingayan sa min d2 sa programming!!!! :)

    yup, andito si sir vic, pero di ko sya bossing, no! call center nga, di ba? sa head end ka ba?:)
  • Originally posted by pangga25


    yup, andito si sir vic, pero di ko sya bossing, no! call center nga, di ba? sa head end ka ba?:)

    uh-huh.. whaddaya mean head-end, sa clark? mamili ka lang, either ortigas or makati city... :)
  • Originally posted by simurgh


    uh-huh.. whaddaya mean head-end, sa clark? mamili ka lang, either ortigas or makati city... :)
    makati? just to be safe, are u my boss?:) :):):)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file