The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
The Meters
NWA
The Replacements
Linda Ronstadt
Link Wray
The Zombies

Who will you vote for? Voting starts December 10, 2013. Personally, I wish KISS, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Cat Stevens and Deep Purple are inducted.

Comments

• black_spectreblack_spectre PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    KISS, Deep Purple, Cat Stevens, Yes and maybe Linda Ronstadt.

Why is LL Cool J nominated, and for that matter, Hall & Oates? They're very good, but are they rockers?

Then again, Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008 when everyone knows she's into pop.

They should change the name to Music Hall of Fame. because they have inducted artists who are not rockers.
  • ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    what about Iron Maiden and Motorhead?
    Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead and Megadeth have not been inducted. They were not even nominated this year. A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame without those bands? A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that inducted Madonna and the Bee Gees first before Deep Purple?

I like Madonna and the Bee Gees, but man....this is supposed to be about rock music!
  • ^^ I know, right? It seems every music genre is rock and roll to them. But if we are talking about their music and their contribution to music, then the nominees really are deserving to be nominated. Maybe next year, Maiden and Priest will be nominated, who knows. As for hiphop, NWA should be inducted.
    It would better if they create separate categories for the various music genres, so there will be no more controversies and issues.
  • The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees are:

Cat Stevens
    Hall and Oates
    Nirvana
    Kiss
    Linda Rondstadt
    Peter Gabriel
    Andrew Loog Oldham
    Brian Epstein
    The E Street band

No Deep Purple and Yes for me :(
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What criteria did they use? How can they nominate and induct Hall and Oates and snub Deep Purple and Yes?

KISS doesn't think too highly of the Rock n Roll Hall of fame either.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kiss-slam-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Acts that should be in the Hall of Fame:

http://loudwire.com/open-letter-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induct-hard-rock-metal-acts-asap/
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    That's been one of the criticism for the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame, it's not really rock 'n roll artists that they induct but all popular music artists from jazz, blues, 60's vocal groups, pop and even rap/hip hop artists.

If I were future inductees like Motorhead, Megadeth, Deep Purple etc, I would follow the Sex Pistols' lead and flat out reject the induction!