Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

Hall & Oates in Manila 1991

Anybody here watched Daryl Hall & John Oates last Oct 24-27, 1991?
I have been searching all over the internet and found nothing.

I watched 3 out of their 4 scheduled concerts, and it was amazing.

Oct 25, I watched with the girl of my dreams and now she is my wife.

Comments

• booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    are they coming back to manila for a concert?
  • black_spectreblack_spectre PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hall & Oates is one of my favorite acts from the 80s. Songs like Out of Touch, Possession Obsession and Maneater never grow old.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Saw that concert back then. Seated at the lower box with 4 of my male college friends. That was one of the better concerts I've ever seen as they sang their greatest hits. Of course, they won't be able to sing all of these as these would number more than 20 tracks. But it was truly memorable - from the haunting "Sara Smile" to the poppish "You Make My Dreams Come True." John Oates also sang "Possession Obsession," one of the few tracks where he played lead vocals.

Back then, Daryl Hall already had embarked on a solo career with tracks like "Dreamtime," "Foolish Pride," and "Someone Like You." I was hoping he'd squeeze in "Dreamtime" but then, there were so many Hall & Oates hits that it was almost impossible to have this part of their playlist.
    80s music lover ka din pala boss JPM di ko alam *okay*
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    80s music lover ka din pala boss JPM di ko alam *okay*

lolo na yang si JPM
  • chris4stuffchris4stuff PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hi JPM.

You've probably watched the 2nd of 4 concerts, that is a Friday. The only day that they played You Make My Dreams.

What an experience.

When Daryl Hall is on the piano, his whole body is also dancing.
    Hall & Oates is one of my favorite acts from the 80s. Songs like Out of Touch, Possession Obsession and Maneater never grow old.

JPM, you've probably watched the 2nd day Oct 25, because they sang You Make My Dreams only on that day.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Most likely...can't remember which day but it was a worthy concert to watch - one of the best ones I've seen.

I'm really more of a 70's and 80's guy - having seen the likes of Swing Out Sister, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Kalapana, Earth Wind and Fire, Phil Collins, Billy Joel (1991 at the Clark Airbase), among many others. Hall & Oates (local radio DJ's eventually corrected themselves by calling them as Daryl Hall & John Oates instead in the 90's) would definitely rank as one of my most memorable concerts seen.
    Most likely...can't remember which day but it was a worthy concert to watch - one of the best ones I've seen.

I'm really more of a 70's and 80's guy - having seen the likes of Swing Out Sister, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Kalapana, Earth Wind and Fire, Phil Collins, Billy Joel (1991 at the Clark Airbase), among many others. Hall & Oates (local radio DJ's eventually corrected themselves by calling them as Daryl Hall & John Oates instead in the 90's) would definitely rank as one of my most memorable concerts seen.

Same here.

Concert freak din ako. Watched all above except the secret Billy Joel. Saw Swing Out Sister twice, Depeche Mode is disappointing. Rainy and muddy Phil Collins concert ranked among my Top 3 along with Michael Jackson and Metallica. Duran Duran came here as a trio and I wouldn't miss Earth, Wind & Fire at all. Kalapana is with Kenny Rankin.
  • greenfair08greenfair08 PEx Rookie ⭐

I've seen this one too. All acoustic set. Very memorable indeed