This is what he got for praying. — PinoyExchange

This is what he got for praying.

(Reuters) - A Tunisian pilot who paused to pray instead of taking emergency measures before crash-landing his plane, killing 16 people, has been sentenced to 10 years in jail by an Italian court along with his co-pilot.

The 2005 crash at sea off Sicily left survivors swimming for their lives, some clinging to a piece of the fuselage that remained floating after the ATR turbo-prop aircraft splintered upon impact.

A fuel-gauge malfunction was partly to blame but prosecutors also said the pilot succumbed to panic, praying out loud instead of following emergency procedures and then opting to crash-land the plane instead trying to reach a nearby airport.

Another five employees of Tuninter, a subsidiary of Tunisair, were sentenced to between eight and nine years in jail by the court, in a verdict handed down Monday.

The seven accused, who were not in court, will not spend time in jail until the appeals process has been exhausted.

(Writing by Phil Stewart)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/25/us-crash-idUSTRE52N63B20090325

Where was Jeeezas? He didn't have time to react? :lol:

Comments

• alchemistofophir
    alchemistofophir Christian Communist
    iskrotum wrote: »
    (Reuters) - A Tunisian pilot who paused to pray instead of taking emergency measures before crash-landing his plane, killing 16 people, has been sentenced to 10 years in jail by an Italian court along with his co-pilot.

The 2005 crash at sea off Sicily left survivors swimming for their lives, some clinging to a piece of the fuselage that remained floating after the ATR turbo-prop aircraft splintered upon impact.

A fuel-gauge malfunction was partly to blame but prosecutors also said the pilot succumbed to panic, praying out loud instead of following emergency procedures and then opting to crash-land the plane instead trying to reach a nearby airport.

Another five employees of Tuninter, a subsidiary of Tunisair, were sentenced to between eight and nine years in jail by the court, in a verdict handed down Monday.

The seven accused, who were not in court, will not spend time in jail until the appeals process has been exhausted.

(Writing by Phil Stewart)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/25/us-crash-idUSTRE52N63B20090325

Where was Jeeezas? He didn't have time to react? :lol:

you mean Allah/Muhammad? Coz Tunisians are mostly Muslims.
  • you mean Allah/Muhammad? Coz Tunisians are mostly Muslims.
    Oo nga naman.:lol:
  • Ateo
    Ateo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo.

Well, it really does not matter, does it? If a Christian pilot made the same stupid move (praying in emergency), the Court would still find that pilot guilty of reckless incompetence resulting to homicide. Courts don't seem to like prayers anymore.

And it does not matter if the pilot prayed to Allah or Jesus. Come on, there were so many other flights that still crashed despite last-minute screams of the passengers for Jesus.
  • you mean Allah/Muhammad? Coz Tunisians are mostly Muslims.

LOL. Mas malamang na Muslim yan kasi baka tumuwad nung nagdasal. :lol:
  • Kung muslim yan hindi nya sa dagat ica-crash-land yan. j/k. hehe.

The plane was destined to crash. It's god's will. No prayer can alter that.

Therefore, prayer to ask for something is useless. It must be for adoration and thanks-giving purposes only.
  • Ateo
    Fenix wrote: »
    Therefore, prayer to ask for something is useless. It must be for adoration and thanks-giving purposes only.

Except for prayers to ask for the daily bread as in Our Father?
  • KamenRaida
    KamenRaida Tagapagligtas ng Naapi
    this will happen if you are a christian in Pakistan

Attack on Pakistan church leaves
    78 dead

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=908416&vId=4159271&cId=Top%20Stories
  • Fenix wrote: »
    False. The Christian god explicitly allows you to appeal to him for intervention.
    Luke 11:9-10
    So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
    Matthew 21:22
    If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Maybe the pilot was asking for wisdom to react properly.
    James 1:5
    If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who give generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Maybe he was asking god for help.
    Luke 10:2
    He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest fields.”
  • Ok, fine. So how does prayer relate to god's will then? Do we have the power to change god's mind about things?
  • Fenix wrote: »
    Ok, fine. So how does prayer relate to god's will then?
    Even though he commands you to pray it doesn't seem like it matters one iota. This is a god who is omnipotent and omnipresent with a "plan."
    Do we have the power to change god's mind about things?
    If we could, it would blow the cosmic plan away wouldn't it. I'll leave you with a line from one of my favorite comedy bits of recent:

"I hate young people f'i?g and I hate [email protected]$! I also hate people eating shrimp. I mentioned that eight times in my book where I only mentioned twice that I hate homosexuals but people seemed to really enjoy eating shrimp so I?ve forgotten about that rule.? - God at a party.
  • tonton
    tonton Let's stop and talk awhile.

You mean kung christian ang nagdasal hindi magcacrash ang plane?
  • Spartan wrote: »
    False. The Christian god explicitly allows you to appeal to him for intervention.

Maybe the pilot was asking for wisdom to react properly.

Maybe he was asking god for help.

Well said sir..

tonton wrote: »
    You mean kung christian ang nagdasal hindi magcacrash ang plane?

I think he's implying any of that
  • "he does'nt " pala

Sensya na tuleg lang:rotflmao:
  • Well... maybe on the bright side he got saved and didn't perish with the 16 people?
  • Ateo
    Well... maybe on the bright side he got saved and didn't perish with the 16 people?

God misheard him. In the din, God thought the pilot said, "God save me" when he actually prayed, " God save this effing plane."
  • The Lesson here is:

If you are in a life and death situation, DONT PRAY!
  • ^ Edit:

The Lesson here is:

If you can do something about it, DONT PRAY! :D