What if Pregnant when taking Antibiotics?

Hi doctors. I was diagnosed with UTI yesterday, and prescribed to take Levofloxacin 750mg a day. I started taking just one tablet last night plus 50mg Norgesic for the headache. I'm just wondering ... since I'm married and trying to get pregnant, and my ovulation is this week, I'm thinking about discontinuing the medicine and take it on my first day of period again, to make sure that I'm not pregnant. If I took a tablet last night but conceived a day or 2 after that, would it bring any harm to the baby?

Comments

• LesLes Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    A tablet taken that early in pregnancy will likely not have any effect. However levofloxacin should not be given to pregnant patients and the antibiotics should be shifted to those with a better safety profile in pregnancy, e.g. cephalosporins.
  • alcoholejalcoholej Member PExer
    ^ thanks. :) I'm actually visiting my OB tomorrow to get more advice on what to do. For the meantime, I stopped taking any form of meds. Just lots of water.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

i_AXHHu_NQjv_Ijj.gif

from Hospital Wing to Study Area (General Campus Chat)

Task: Invisibility Cloak

House ghosts are gathered in the hallway.

You must get past them without being noticed.

To finish the task, you must convince five (5) wizards from the other houses to post in The Lost Hortifact Main Challenge Thread:
    I, <Wizard Name> from <House Name>, forgot my invisibility cloak in the Study Area.

I hope students from <your House Name> will find it and return it to me.

*Invisibility cloak owners are not allowed to post more than once for this task.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file