Home PEx Hobbies Recreation

Harmonicas anyone?

I just recently bought a Suzuki Easy Rider (some guy in the internet said it's a decent harmonica for a beginner). I'm horrible at it though so, does anyone have any tips? Also, the harmonica doesn't sound all that jazzy when I use it.

Comments

• I own a Suzuki Bluesmaster. You need to learn how to bend notes if you want to sound jazzy. PM me.

BTW I dunno who recommended it to you but the Easyrider is downright terrible. I had one and I threw it out. You should have just bought the Folksmaster if you wanted a budget harmonica.
  • I had a Hohner blues harp and marine band, but lost them. Is the suzuki easier to bend?

IMO getting the jazzy/bluesy sound is about knowing the scales and phrasing.
  • Same lang whether marine band or bluesmaster. I just don't recommend the bluesmaster for beginners because the space between the holes is much more narrow since it's a semi-pro harmonica. The marine band should be the better beginners harp. If its too expensive the folkmaster will do, peor medyo matigas siya so extra effort magbend.
  • How much is a Suzuki Folkmaster? How about the Hohner Marine Band? Can you guys recommend a store?

Also, what makes the easy rider terrible?
  • Don't know how much but I bought mine at JB music.
  • brandonwee wrote: »
    How much is a Suzuki Folkmaster? How about the Hohner Marine Band? Can you guys recommend a store?

Also, what makes the easy rider terrible?

The reeds are stiff at pangit yung tunog. The reeds leak air. The Folkmaster 3 years ago was 550, the Hohner around 1250. Not sure now. Get the Hohner if you can the Folkmaster isn't somethng that will last you years if you get better.

Sa Harmonica important kung saan siya ginawa (China, Japan or Germany) kasi it's really a precision instrument. Wala pa akong matinong nagagamit na China made harmonica.
  • Hi guys! Nung bata pa kami, laging nagpapatugtog ang lolo ko ng harmonica sa probinsya. Gusto ko din sana matuto tumugtog ng harmonica since maganda ang tunog nito (gusto ko *** tunog nya sa mga country, bluegrass) san po ba merong nabibilhan ng harmonica sa manila area? tsaka ano pong magandang harmonica para sa nagsisimulang matuto. salamat po! :D
  • heheh i have a harmonica and i can play some music to it. you dont need a tutorial to learn this one. you just have to had musicality in you to play and make music out of it
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Have a hohner as well. Very nice.