GMA Network: MY HUSBAND'S LOVER PART 3 (Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez)

carlo_andrewcarlo_andrew As if anybody cares. PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
GMA 7: MY HUSBAND'S LOVER PART 3 (The Legal Wife, The Closet Queen, The Kalukadidang)
thread title courtesy of icanmessyouup

Previous Threads:
GMA Network: MY HUSBAND'S LOVER PART 2 (Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez) by saltynutz01
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629987

GMA Network: MY HUSBAND'S LOVER (Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez) by kyupayb
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600146

Kudos to the FIRST and ONLY PEX team to do an English softsub to the most controversial Philippine series to date, My Husband's Lover!

Webchannel of MHL English Fansub Team
http://www.youtube.com/user/mhlteam2013 (please make sure to turn the CAPTION ON, and in ENGLISH :) )

lybc.jpg

600575_293162900819360_1149294836_n.jpg

Who can you relate or sympathize with the most?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• carlo_andrewcarlo_andrew As if anybody cares. PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    --The Team Behind the Show--

PRODUCTION TEAM:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Original concept by Suzette Doctolero
    Director - Dominic Zapata
    Creative Director - Jun Lana
    Creative Head for Primetime Block - Jake Tordesillas
    Creative Consulatant - Denoy Navarro-Punio
    Headwriter - Suzette Doctolero
    Writers - Angeli Delgado, Paul Sta. Ana, Marlon Miguel
    Brainstormers - Jason Lim, Jonathan Cruz, Michelle Amog[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

GMA Drama Group:
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Executive In-charge of Production - Lilybeth Rasonable
    VP for Drama - Redgie Acuna-Magno
    AVP for Drama - Cheryl Ching-Sy
    Program Manager - Helen Rose S. Sese
    Executive Producer - Carolyn Galve[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

My Husband's Lover is a Filipino drama television series created and developed by Suzette Doctolero and produced by GMA Network. It premiered on June 10, 2013 on the network's coveted Primetime block, and June 11, 2013 worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The series stars Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez and Dennis Trillo as the main characters. Carolyn Galve serves as the executive producer of show and Dominic Zapata directed the series.

It is credited as the very first gay-themed series in Philippine television due to the series' central subject of homosexual relationships and infidelity. The show has multiple continuing story lines that tackle sensitive yet relevant social issues like homosexual and bisexual relationships, homophobia and the society's discrimination against homosexuals, infidelity, pre-marital sex and the consequences of early or unplanned marriages. It also tackles the importance of family, friendship, integrity and love. The forty-five minute scripted drama chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman.

SYNOPSIS
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Vincent got his girlfriend Lally pregnant while they were still in college. So they decided to get married even if the two of them were not ready for the responsibility and Vincent's mother Elaine was very much against it. Thus Lally's married life was never smooth-sailing because of Elaine. But for the love for her husband, Lally endures the hardships in dealing with her mother-in-law. However, when Lally got pregnant on their second child, Vincent suddenly became distant and cold towards her. Lally felt that Vincent was being unfair to her so she decided to leave together with their children. Vincent loves his kids so much, so he tried to win back his wife by proposing and this time getting married again with a blessing from the church.

Unknown to Lally, Vincent is keeping a secret from her; it is also a secret he has kept from everyone else ever since he was young. Vincent was a closeted homosexual man who never planned to come out because he was afraid that it'll destroy his family. However, everything changed when he crosses paths with Eric again - his greatest love. Unlike Vincent, Eric is openly gay. But, just like Vincent, he still is in love with him.
    Eventually, the two men start an affair and Vincent tries to hide the affair from Lally by showering her with gifts and attention. However, Lally's intuition tells her that something is wrong even though everything in her married life seems fine. That's when she starts to investigate and she eventually learns of Vincent's darkest secret.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

CASTS AND CHARACTERS

Carla Abellana as Lally Agatep-Soriano.
    Young Critics Circle for Film Best Performance in 2011
    27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies Best New Movie Actress
    8th Golden Screen Awards Breakthrough Performance by an Actress
    24th PMPC Star Awards for TV Best New Female TV Personality

945703_291670507635266_1200509106_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]The loving wife of Vincent and a mother of two. She is described as intelligent, romantic lady who will do everything for the man she loves. Lally has been married to Vincent for ten years. She tries to be a perfect wife to Vincent in all aspects. But their seemingly perfect marriage starts to fall apart when Eric del Mundo comes into the picture. It turns out that Eric was Vincent's first love, and the two have rekindled their flame.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Tom Rodriguez as Vincent Soriano

8649_291670544301929_1694413199_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Lally's loving husband. He is a car enthusiast; he collects and sells luxury cars as his business. Rich, handsome and intelligent, Vincent is a "perfect catch" with one flaw – he is a closeted gay. He fought his homosexual feelings and married Lally to please his parents and society, but he later realizes that he cannot totally forget his love for his high school lover, Eric del Mundo.
    [/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Dennis Trillo as Eric del Mundo
    2011 8th Golden Screen TV Awards by Entertainment Press Society (ENPRESS) Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series
    2010 Golden Screen Awards (ENPRESS) for Movies Best Actor in a Supporting Role
    2009 PEP Forum Awards Actor of The Year
    2005 Luna Awards/***** Best Actor in a Lead Role
    PMPC Star Awards Best Actor in a Lead Role
    PMPC Star Awards New Movie Actor of the Year
    Young Critics Circle Best Actor in a Lead Role
    PASADO Awards Pinakapasadong Aktor
    Guillermo Mendoza Scholarship Foundation Memorial Awards Most Promising Male Star
    Golden Screen Awards (ENPRESS) Breakthrough Performance by an Actor
    FAMAS Awards German Moreno Youth Achievement Award
    FAMAS Awards Best Actor in a Supporting Role
    Gawad Tanglaw Best Actor in a Supporting Role
    2004 30th Metro Manila Film Festival Best Actor in a Supporting Role

600757_291670570968593_974607228_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]He is Vincent's first romance. Smart and sophisticated; he is an architect, managing his own design business. He poses a tough image for everyone to see, but in reality, he is gay. Eric returns and is determined to win back the love of the man he lost in his youth. Instead, he finds that Vincent is already married to Lally, with whom he already has two kids.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Kuh Ledesma, as Elaine Soriano
    Philippines' Pop Diva.

993479_291670524301931_306064115_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]She is Vincent's loving mother and an austere mother-in-law to Lally. Known for her overbearing and perfectionist nature, Elaine is not easy to please and rarely satisfied with anything. She is also opinionated and frequently can’t help but express her strongly held belief, regardless of offending others.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Roi Vinzon as Armando Soriano
    1994 Metro Manila Film Festival Best Actor
    2007 Metro Manila Film Festival Best Supporting Actor

407_291670560968594_1749982617_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]He is Vincent's delightful father. Armando is a retired Army-General and a certified womanizer during his prime. A homophobic; Armando easily gets irritated every time he encounters gay men and treats them with contempt and spite.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Glydel Mercado as Sandra Agatep
    Grandslam Best Actress
    2000 Won FAMAS Award Best Supporting Actress Sidhi (1999)
    2000 Won ***** Award Best Supporting Actress Sidhi (1999)
    2000 Won Gawad Urian Award Best Supporting Actress Sidhi (1999)
    2000 Won Star Award Best Supporting Actress Sidhi (1999)

3734_291670610968589_1720575774_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]She is Lally and Evelyn's doting mother. Though she is not a perfect mom, Sandra is admirable for single-handedly raising her two daughters. She spends her life as a destitute mother whose only dream is to give her children a better future and is willing to sacrifice everything – even her morals – for them.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Chanda Romero as Sol "Sinag" del Mundo
    1982 FAMAS Award (Best Supporting Actress)
    1979 Gawad Urian Award (Best Supporting Actress)

941464_291670627635254_583949997_n.jpg

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]She is Eric's loving and supportive mother. Sinag, as she is commonly referred to (a Tagalog word which means "ray" in English) is an artist and a well-known novelist. Sinag knows about her son's sexual orientation and she supports him wholeheartedly. She is characterized as being liberated and has a pleasant outlook on life.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Karel Marquez as Evelyn Agatep

945388_291670720968578_1074096899_n.jpg
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]She is Lally's older sister, who is her exact opposite in terms of outlook on life. her frustrations, rebellious and self-centered nature drives her to make drastic decisions that eventually leads her to life of mistakes, regrets and penance. At present, she lives a humble life with her children and a womanizer husband.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Bettina Carlos as Vicky Araneta
    936803_291670694301914_780607271_n.jpg
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Lally's best friend and confidante. She is a thirty-year-old single mother, working as a fashion editor and stylist at a magazine. Vicky is characterized as being so jaded with love that she chooses to have a string of flings with younger men than to be in a committed relationship.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Victor Basa as David
    6504_291670674301916_65504406_n.jpg
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    He is Vincent's college best friend and ex-lover. David is a chef and is proud of being gay but not the flamboyant type. he is described as an intelligent, romantic guy who will do everything for his greatest love. David serves as conscience to Vincent, advised him to come out of the closet and choose the one who will make him happy.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Kevin Santos as Danny
    945771_291670684301915_497442503_n.jpg
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER] He is Eric's best friend and confidante. An "all-out" gay, known for his biting and sarcastic wit, and bad luck in relationships – which become a point of humor within the series. His failed love life is possibly due to his aggressiveness and jealousy in relationships.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Pancho Magno as Paul
    941163_291670634301920_1310943565_n.jpg
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]He is Lally's college classmate who has carried a torch for her all these years, despite knowing that Lally is already married to Vincent.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Diego and Hannah Soriano – portrayed by Antone Limgenco and Elijah Alejo, respectively, Vincent and Lally's children.
    Here are some of the News and Early Reviews about the show

Our 5 Favorite Things About My Husband's Lover (spot.ph)

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER](SPOT.ph) Since it premiered on June 10, GMA's telenovela, My Husband's Lover (MHL) has become fodder for conversation and controversy. It tells the story of a married man who happens to have a male lover. It's not that groundbreaking when you think of it. (After all, it's not about a gay couple fighting for their right to, say, raise children.) Still, the show is causing a lot of fuss because it's the first time such a scenario has been dramatized on Pinoy primetime TV.

Here are our five favorite things about it.

1. It's Dennis Trillo's second high profile gender bender role. Compared to playing the charming-yet-conflicted crossdresser who hooks up with a virile Japanese solider played by Jay Manalo in the 2004 period film Aishite Imasu (Mahal Kita), Dennis' portrayal of a gay architect in MHL is a walk in the park. Nevertheless, he's getting more buzz about his primetime role as Eric del Mundo.

2. Tom Rodriguez has potential. He served as the main male eye candy in 2010's Here Comes the Bride. In that movie, he played a groom whose bride's soul gets switched with a gay man's. In MHL, he plays Vincent Soriano—a married man whose wife doesn't know that he 's actually gay.

3. The actresses cast in the senior mother roles are cool. Kuh Ledesma plays Vincent Soriano's overbearing mother, Chanda Romero plays Eric del Mundo's cool mom, and Glydel Mercado is the overwrought mama of Vincent's wife, Lally Agatep-Soriano (played by Carla Abellana). Getting Kuh was already a casting coup, so to speak. (Sorry, the pun was too good to pass up.) Adding underrated gems like Chanda and Glydel just made things more exciting. (Plus, Victor Basa is a joy to watch as David, Eric's ex-lover.)

4. It highlights a ridiculous situation. So, if you're a gay man who feels that he can't come out...you get married to a woman so you can be what other people want you to to be. Essentially, you're hurting another unsuspecting human being (your wife) so you can perpetuate a lie. How very Rustom Padilla of you. We're pretty sure there are gay men out there who are afraid to come out to their families (and that's their unfortunate dilemma)—but surely not all of them get married just so they can fit in. The biggest problem in MHL is why the damn husband got married in the first place.

5. The CBCP hates it. The Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines is alarmed that the show may damage the nation's moral fiber. The CBCP always comes up with the best jokes. So, while we're not really "I'll kill people who get in my way" fans of MHL, we're pretty sure that we'll make the right choice if we're asked to pick between watching it and listening to a homophobic sermon. Besides, Dennis and Tom have chemistry.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

'My Husband's Lover': Engaging love story by Rappler

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]MANILA Philippines - A colleague of mine gushed in her admiration for “My Husband’s Lover” at a recent office meeting. She went on to assert that it was a “groundbreaking” teleserye.

As the only (known) gay man in the room, I felt I betrayed the tribe when I admitted that I hadn’t seen the show. Of course, I had my doubts, because I thought GMA’s melodramas were either badly written or terribly acted or sometimes both.

So I kept off this program and let the flurry of social media attention blow past. But when the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines came into the picture, weighing in on this serye, watching “My Husband’s Lover” became too tempting to resist.

READ: 'My Husband's Lover' under CBCP scrutiny

“My Husband’s Lover” would have been a self-explanatory title except that the “Lover” in this case is also a man, as you all know by now. The story is told from the perspective of the wife, Lally, played by Carla Abellana.

The first scene I saw involved a chance encounter (14:30 to 14:40 of this video) between husband Vincent (Tom Rodriguez) and old flame Eric (Dennis Trillo). They stood facing each other, as in a Mexican stand-off, but without the guns and the skull-drilling sound of an electric guitar.

Strains of an old Kuh Ledesma song blared for the entire duration of this scene (a recurring theme whenever I’d catch the show). Eric’s eyes would go all malagkit upon seeing Vincent who, in turn, looked like he was having a gastric reflux attack. The scene ended awkwardly, which I didn’t mind. Such endings were plausible and believable.

The next time I caught its telecast, Eric, in a flashback to a previous episode, is shown beaten up by a guy, after what might have been a proposition that prompted this reaction instead. He ends up in the hospital, bruised and one eye closed.

His mother (the wonderful Chanda Romero) implores him to report the incident to the police, but Eric refuses, for fear of the cops no less once they’re apprised of the circumstances of his mugging. Chanda expounds on his sexuality being irrelevant and so on.

Here, the show almost crosses over to being didactic, especially in her scene with the policemen who glance knowingly at each other when Chanda bares the telling detail that Eric met his attacker at a bar.

But Chanda is effective in her role as Jiminy Cricket to Eric’s Pinocchio, admonishing the lovers against carrying on their affair. Her expression (at 14:11 of this video) on finding Eric alone with Vincent is priceless.

The lovers are certainly easy on the eyes. They have many tender and intimate scenes — as much as Philippine television would allow anyway — but I like them better when they’re just on the verge of touching each other.

Dennis Trillo, in particular, is able to convey an intense yearning or pathos when he looks at Tom Rodriguez, who, unfortunately, handsome that he is, could still use a lot of acting workshops. (He was quite charming in “Be Careful with my Heart” but that was a much less demanding role.)

Carla Abellana seems to be going through the motions as the wife, but this is perhaps because her character is still underwritten. Could the writing be too focused on the lovers? Maybe, in the coming days, the show will give her more “meat to chew,” so to speak, especially when she finds out about the affair.

There is an obvious restraint or pagtitimpi in the way the characters react to the proceedings — no hysterics, no sampalan and barbed words so far. It’s quite refreshing.

Gay characters are certainly not new in Philippine drama, even in fantasy seryes. But more often than not — with notable exceptions being Lino Brocka’s “Ang Tatay Kong Nanay” and Joel Lamangan’s “Pusong Mamon” — they are portrayed playing second fiddle to the principal characters or providing comic relief as the plot turns serious.

And apart from so rare performances by the likes of Eddie Garcia and Tony Mabesa, we seldom see in our melodramas gay men who are completely straight-looking. In that sense, “My Husband’s Lover” is indeed groundbreaking.

This is probably what raises the hackles of our “moral guardians.” It’s very easy to dismiss homosexuality where it can be easily recognized: among drag queens and comedy bar hosts. Being in their presence does not diminish one’s “straightness” and may even show how “broad-minded” one can be. But any behavior outside those stereotypes is unsettling and unacceptable.

I am still surprised that not a few people even today still think I should wear a dress or use cosmetics because I’m gay.

I can imagine parents watching this show aired 5 nights a week right at their homes being hit by the realization that, hey, this can happen to me or anyone among my family; and precocious, resourceful gay kids searching this serye on YouTube, watching in solitude, searching for parallels to their young feelings and emerging desires.

The people behind “My Husband’s Lover” seemed to have really thought through this show (and its impact/implications). So far it has avoided every cultural sensitivity mishap, managed to balance imparting its “message of equality” with telling a fairly engaging story, and, most important, showed that love exists in its myriad forms.

READ: GMA-7 defends 'My Husband's Lover'

I just hope this story doesn’t take an ugly tragic turn, as commonly happens to gay characters in drama, which imparts instead the subliminal conclusion that being gay is wrong and will lead to tragedy. - Rappler.com[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

My Husband’s Lover: Is it worth watching? by philstar.com

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]MANILA, Philippines - With a dozen drama series on television today, in the afternoon or evening, most plots are the same, if not adapted from an old teleplay or rehashed. Almost always, there’s a scene that’s bound to make you cry. It is therefore rare that viewers find a story that will capture their interest, curiosity and ultimately worth their late-night viewing time.

One such drama series is Suzette Doctolero’s My Husband’s Lover (Mondays to Fridays at 10 p.m. on GMA 7). Curiously enough, the nightly series tells the story of two male lovers who decided to end their relationship and live separate lives — one as a married man attempting to put his past behind him and the other as a single, gay professional who cannot seem to detach from his past.

The story is brave, bold and daring, considering the two male stars are the center of the drama. It is rare that a TV series focuses on this intriguing kind of plot about homosexuals, so the drama is something new for primetime viewers.

My Husband’s Lover seeks to defy the traditional soap series with two hunks in a gay relationship. Dennis Trillo, for the first time on TV, plays an openly gay character as Eric, the lover. In high school, he had a relationship with Vincent, played by new Kapuso actor Tom Rodriguez.

Vincent is the only child of prominent couple Armando, a retired military man (Roi Vinzon) and Elaine (Kuh Ledesma, who returns to acting after a long time), a loving yet over-bearing lady. Vincent is married to Lally (Carla Abellana), who eventually gets in the middle of her husband and his lover.

Supporting cast includes Chanda Romero as Sol, Eric’s doting and supportive mom; Glydel Mercado as Sandra, Lally’s loving mom; Karel Marquez as Lally’s sister Evelyn; and Victor Basa as David, Vincent’s openly gay college buddy.

Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

On its first week of airing, My Husband’s Lover immediately created a stir for its innovative plot and true depiction of gay characters. That the mature drama is on primetime makes it all the more brave and commendable.

For a long time, many are saying that local viewers are not ready for this kind of plot, but if GMA 7 did not gamble in this unconventional drama, when will our viewers experience this storyline with gays as the main focus?

Gone are the days when gays are merely relegated to supporting parts. With My Husband’s Lover, gays are given the long-delayed lead status on primetime. The series also dares to push the boundaries of gay characters who are depicted on TV.

Dennis obviously didn’t have qualms about portraying an openly gay character in My Husband’s Lover. On the big screen, he played a cross-dressing role during the Japanese occupation in Aishite Imasu: Mahal Kita, where he won several acting awards in 2004. So convincing him to step into the shoes of Eric in My Husband’s Lover is definitely not a daunting task.

Tom was part of the daytime soap, Be Careful With My Heart, on ABS-CBN, where he played a supporting character opposite Aiza Seguerra. But upon his transfer to GMA 7, he was given a lead role in My Husband’s Lover, which is a big break for him.

Since the timeslot of My Husband’s Lover is late-night, the drama can be really provocative and daring, but GMA 7 remains careful in depicting the affair of the gay lovers, from the scenes to the language in the dialogue of the series. At the helm of the nightly drama is Dominic Zapata.

JESSICA ZAFRA | My Husband's Lover

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]We hadn't planned on watching GMA's new gay drama, but when the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines warned that "it should observe moral standards," it sounded too interesting to pass up.

There have been many gay melodramas on Philippine television, but this is the rare occasion where the gay characters are played by men. Usually the gay roles are filled by women, so their behavior looks..."normal" to the audience. But cast men as apparently straight characters who happen to be in love each other, and hackles will rise.

So we tuned in to My Husband's Lover this evening, which was tricky because the network doesn't tell you exactly what time their shows start. You're supposed to turn on your TV and wait.

At 9:40 p.m. the show commenced with a "Strict Parental Guidance" rating from the MTRCB. (This rating was repeated after the commercial break.) Then an instrumental version of an old Kuh Ledesma song came on and it blared for the next 45 minutes, stopping only for commercials. The volume would decrease to allow viewers to hear the dialogue, then start blasting again like a Hans Zimmer theme to a Christopher Nolan movie.

My Husband's Lover is about a man who is married to a woman but is really in love with another man. Yes, it's practically a documentary. No thanks, we have enough examples (Tantanan niyo na si Jun Encarnacion, ano ba, namamahinga na siya). The actors playing the lovers do not telegraph their gayness to the audience in the stereotypical manner—mincing about, speaking baklese, gushing over their make-up. They act like straight guys, and that's probably what distresses some viewers. ("They're fooling us! We thought they were hetero!" and "What a waste of good genes!" When Brokeback Mountain came out, we know married women who freaked out because the lovers looked, sounded, dressed, and went on trips together—just like their husbands.)

In tonight's episode, Eric (Dennis Trillo) is in the hospital, having taken a beating in a bar or something. Vincent (Tom Rodriguez) pays him a visit and professes his love. Eric's mother (Chanda Romero) reminds Vincent that he is a married man—"married to a lie" is how she puts it (Good line). For a Tagalog telenovela the acting is fairly subdued. The confrontation scenes—the high points of any Tagalog drama—are within the bounds of sane behavior (We didn't notice any sampalan), but it's only the second week.

Eric's mother functions as the show's conscience—she loves and accepts her gay son, but disapproves of his affair with a married man. She admonishes his lover not to deceive his wife. The rest of the story unfolds from the perspective of Lally (Carla Abellana), who is married to Vincent. It is the suffering woman's take on the affair. Clearly the producers anticipated the flap over the subject matter, and covered all their cultural sensitivity bases. Over the years we have rolled our eyes at GMA telenovelas (Blackface?? in the 21st century?), but it seems they have really thought this through.

Of course My Husband's Lover will provoke controversy. It was designed to do precisely that, and the CBCP walked right into the setup. My Husband’s Lover is an occasion for the audience to discuss a social reality that it prefers to file under “Comedy.” Drag queens doing comedy bar humor are not threatening: they are curiosities that allow straight people to demonstrate how open-minded they are.

But people who look like the audience (well, the good-looking audience members), sound like the audience, fall in love like the audience: Aaaaaaaaa, threat to the natural order! Hoy mga bakla, you’re supposed to tell us straightaway, so we know how to behave in your presence, treat you differently, and make vaguely patronizing statements like “I love the baklas, all my friends are gay.” You’re not supposed to be just like us.

Well they are just like us. Deal with it.

Danton Remoto, I just stole your column.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

With ‘My Husband’s Lover,’ GMA pushes the prime-time envelope
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]LAST night, June 10, prime-time viewing got turned on its head as GMA again seeks to redefine this premium time block the way it once did with such unexpected—and ultimately game-changing and successful—offerings as Mulawin in 2004 and Etheria in 2005.

This time, however, the Kapuso Network is doing away with the winged creatures and the other supernatural characters, along with the fantastical landscapes they typically inhabit. Instead, it is grounding its latest prime-time drama in the here and now while exploring familiar themes of love and betrayal and isolation and longing in ways that are audacious, particularly for a medium that has long gone stale—a boldness unheard of not only in local prime-time TV but also in how central the dramatic paradigm shift is to its latest offering.

That offering is, of course, My Husband’s Lover, which now airs weeknights in the timeslot formerly occupied by Love & Lies, and is third offering in the Kapuso Network’s prime-time drama trifecta. Headlined by the multiawarded Dennis Trillo, Carla Abellana and new Kapuso dreamboat Tom Rodriguez, the series tells the story of Vincent (Rodriguez), a young man from a well-to-do family who gets his girlfriend Lally (Abellana) pregnant, and they decide to marry despite the stern objections of his mother Elaine (Kuh Ledesma). Out of her love for her husband, Lally endures the cool disapproval of her mother-in-law.

By the time Lally gives birth to their second child, however, Vincent has turned cold and distant toward her. Unknown to Lally, her husband has been keeping a secret from her: his homosexuality, something that Vincent has repressed out of fear of destroying his family, but which he ultimately finds increasingly difficult to suppress, especially after he accidentally crosses paths with Eric (Trillo), his college friend who became—and still is—Vincent’s great love.

GMA’s new drama is a variation of a story that one has heard over and over on dramas culled from real-life stories on AM radio—of anonymous men wracked by guilt and self-loathing for having to live the so-called secret life, seeking from a medium the clarity that perhaps never arrives; of anonymous women stricken with grief and anger after discovering themselves unwittingly involved in a love triangle from which they apparently can’t emerge triumphant. From an original concept by Suzette Doctolero, My Husband’s Lover is a story about love and homosexuality and the lies that become perpetuated by stifling social conventions.

Dominic Zapata, the director behind My Husband’s Lover, acknowledges the high-wire act that he and his team of actors and production people need to perform in telling what is GMA’s most daring prime-time drama to date. “Of course you have to be mindful of the limitations of the medium in which you are telling this story, and at the same time you want to be true to the very human and oftentimes very painful realities that these characters represent,” said the director during the media briefing hosted recently by GMA for the drama. “I can only be thankful that I have a cast that is equally committed to telling this story in the best way we can.”

For his part, Tom Rodriguez, a hunk of dusky gorgeousness who has shown that there is more to him than drop-dead good looks (he won raves for his title turn in Atlantis Productions’ musical presentation Aladdin), said that while he has had offers to play a similar character in independent cinema, “this character that I play in My Husband’s Lover is so compelling that I overcame my earlier reservations and I really sought the part. I gladly auditioned for it, and you can’t imagine my thrill when I found out that I had gotten the role.”

With mere days to go before the drama’s premiere, the actor said at the media call: “We’re all well aware this is a totally different drama that we are doing, but from what I have learned in researching for my character, the dreams and aspirations that gay people have, and the emotional struggles they go through are no different from the heterosexual experience—but of course things are more difficult for them because of all the social biases that exist. I am hopeful that audiences will give My Husband’s Lover a chance.” Rodriguez has been signed by GMA to an exclusive multi-year contract.

No doubt, the Kapuso Network appreciates as well the challenges it faces with its new prime-time drama. As we write this, just hours before My Husband’s Lover makes its debut, we have received word that for the first time ever, GMA and the stars of the drama will doing live-tweets for the show as it unfolds. Perhaps a sign of the good future that lies ahead, the show has been approved without cuts by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board, albeit with an “SPG” or “Strong Parental Guidance” rating. The prime-time drama also stars Karel Marquez, Victor Basa, Kevin Santos, Pancho Magno and esteemed veterans Chanda Romero, Glydel Mercado, Roi Vinzon and Kuh Ledesma.

Perhaps even more fortuitous: My Husband’s Lover comes to TV screens in June, and as any gay worth his tiara or her Prada will tell you, this is of course LGBT Pride Month.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

'My Husband’s Lover' cited by international LGBT news site mb.com

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]GMA-7’s brave and dramatic take on two lovelorn gays on “My Husband’s Lover” has not only created a stir on social networking sites, it also caught the attention of an international website for the LGBT.

GayStarNews, an LGBT global news website, posted on June 17 an article titled “Gay TV drama creates buzz in the Philippines.”

Written by Anna Leach, it noted that the first episode of "My Husband's Lover" was praised for its "mature, nuanced and honest depiction of gay characters.”

“A new TV serial about a woman who finds out her husband is having an affair with another man has garnered positive feedback from viewers and the LGBT community in the Philippines,” Leach wrote in the opening part of her article.

She quoted Raymond Alikpala, a Filipino gay writer and LGBT rights advocate, who wrote a column for GMA News Online.

"GMA Network deserves congratulations for daring to go down this road less traveled," Alikpala said, as quoted by Leach.

Alikpala noted the soap’s audacity to present an entirely new take on homosexuals in the recently launched GMA soap.

"Eschewing the stereotypical storylines and cardboard cliché characters, the writers of 'My Husband’s Lover' are depicting homosexual persons as no different from heterosexuals, which is radical in these parts. (Gay men playing basketball? Wow!)," he said.

Alikpala, who lost his congressional bid as representative for Ladlad, felt that the show will hopefully "bring LGBT awareness into the mainstream of Filipino consciousness."

But that, it seems, is not the main point in doing “My Husband’s Lover.”

GMA-7 program manager Helen Rose Sese countered that “raising awareness on LGBT issues was not the aim of the TV series.”

"This show is not all about the gayness of the characters but more of a love story and a family drama," Sese told Yahoo! Philippines, as the article noted.

“Our intention is not to promote gay and lesbian relationship, but more of [a reflection] that this is happening now,” Sese explained.

Aware of the anti-LGBT Catholic groups, Sese said that the writers of the show were of the instruction to not “go beyond anything that will offend them, as well as the gay community.”

Alikpala feels that, “'While the depiction of homosexuality has so far been mature, nuanced and honest, I am also aware that Vincent the husband is attracted to a person other than his wife, and being gay might thus be associated with infidelity, dishonesty and deception.

“Such unhappy endings for LGBT characters in media are typical because this is consistent with the view of a God who punishes sinners, and that gay characters deserve a sad fate for going against God’s will."

“My Husband’s Lover," topbilled by Carla Abelana, Tom Rodriguez and Dennis Trillo, has been a consistent trending topic since it was launched last week by GMA-7.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

GMA Network Defies the Conventional in ‘My Husband’s Lover’ starmometer

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Dubbed as the bravest TV series in the country to date, GMA Network goes daring and bold with the new primetime teleserye “My Husband’s Lover” starring Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo and newest Kapuso, Tom Rodriguez.

My Husbands Lover Title Card

“My Husband’s Lover” is not your usual boy-meets-girl soap. It’s a primetime series that tackles the topic of homosexual/bisexual relationship, something that’s never been done before by any local TV network in a teleserye. And the premise has a different kind of love triangle: The wife (Carla Abellana) fights for her husband (Tom Rodriguez) against his gay lover (Dennis Trillo).

Directed by Dominic Zapata, the Kapuso gay-themed series stirred strong reactions from netizens, mostly positive, when it premiered on primetime last night. As a matter of fact, it became one of the trending topics on Twitter Philippines:

MHL trending

The buzz is of course ignited by how the Kapuso Network puts the spotlight on homosexual relationship as portrayed by the lead characters in the series (Tom and Dennis).

In a pocket interview with bloggers at the GMA Network Bldg. on Monday, June 10, GMA program manager Helen Rose Sese said the series is not just about homosexuality.

“This show is not all about the relationship of two men (Tom and Dennis) but also the relationship of a daughter to her mother (Carla and Glydel) and other dynamics,” she said.

Sese made it clear that the show does not promote gay and lesbian relationship but more of reflecting what is actually happening in the society today like how a mother and father deal with a gay son, how a wife deals with an unrequited love from his husband who happens to have a different sexual preference and how a man who thought he can live a “normal” (heterosexual) life fails by following what his heart desires.

Is the Network ready to what the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) and the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) have to say about the drama series?

Sese said that the board did not put an exclamation point to the romantic scenes between Dennis and Tom. As a matter of fact, it’s the mother and daughter confrontation scene between Karel Marquez and Glydel Mercado that raised some eyebrows.

This is understandable because the production did not immerse on scenes that titillates as the affection between the male leads are implied – no torrid kissing and nude scenes needed to convey the story.

The MTRCB, however approved the airing of the show with an SPG (Striktong Patnubay at Gabay) rating on late primetime block (9:30 p.m.).

The program manager also said that they will not compromise the ending of the series regardless if the CBCP or any other religious and moralist groups say. The network has shown edgy drama series before like “Temptation of Wife” but responsibility will never be out of the equation.

Read more at http://www.starmometer.com/2013/06/11/gma-network-defies-the-conventional-in-my-husbands-lover/#OHeZLvrObSq51gbV.99

Gay TV drama creates buzz in the Philippines gaystarnews

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]A new TV serial about a woman who finds out her husband is having an affair with another man has garnered positive feedback from viewers and the LGBT community in the Philippines.

The first of 16 weekly episodes of My Husband's Lover was shown on Filipino TV last week (10 June) and received competitive ratings and a trending hashtag on Twitter.

'GMA Network deserves congratulations for daring to go down this road less travelled,' said Filipino gay writer and LGBT rights advocate Raymond Alikpala in a column for GMA News Online.

'Eschewing the stereotypical storylines and cardboard cliché characters, the writers of My Husband’s Lover are depicting homosexual persons as no different from heterosexuals, which is radical in these parts. (Gay men playing basketball? Wow!)'

Alikpala goes on to say that gay characters are often seen on TV in the Philippines, but they are always shown in supporting roles, comic relief or if they are center-stage they are camp stereotypes.

Alikpala was on the ticket for Ladlad, the Philippines' LGBT political party, at the congressional election last month. But the party failed to win a seat.

The writer-politician said he hoped My Husband's Lover would to what Ladlad failed to do - 'bring LGBT awareness into the mainstream of Filipino consciousness'.

GMA program manager Helen Rose Sese said raising awareness on LGBT issues was not the aim of the TV series.

'This show is not all about the gayness of the characters but more of a love story and a family drama,' Sese said to Yahoo! Philippines.

'Our intention is not to promote gay and lesbian relationship, but more of [a reflection] that this is happening now.'

Sese added that the show's creators have been told not to produce anything that could offend the Philippines' vocal and anti-LGBT Catholic groups. 'We will make sure we don’t go beyond anything that will offend them, as well as the gay community,' she said.

Alikpala cautioned that only the first episode of My Husband's Lover has been shown, and that the series could still show a negative view of the gay characters.

'While the depiction of homosexuality has so far been mature, nuanced and honest, I am also aware that Vincent the husband is attracted to a person other than his wife, and being gay might thus be associated with infidelity, dishonesty and deception,' said Alikpala.

'Such unhappy endings for LGBT characters in media are typical because this is consistent with the view of a God who punishes sinners, and that gay characters deserve a sad fate for going against God’s will.'

The Philippines was recently found to be the most gay-friendly country in Asia by a study from the US's Pew Research Center. But Filipino LGBT-rights activists told Gay Star News the reality is not so rosy for gay, bi and trans people in the Philippines.

- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/gay-tv-drama-creates-buzz-philippines170613#sthash.PvBrLpIs.dpuf[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

Gay plot of "My Husband's Lover" shakes up Philippine primetime lifestylehub

GMA’s My Husband’s Lover, Consistent In Dominating Twitter Trends List!

Life Lessons We Can Learn from “My Husband’s Lover” 8list.ph

Husbands, lovers and realities Manila Standard Today

Thanks to the Catholic Bishops, we had to watch My Husband’s Lovah – jessicazafra
    QUOTABLE QUOTES

954848_293672777435039_1869357294_n.jpg

1017628_296613993807584_966020020_n.jpg

971756_297029420432708_1108758840_n.jpg

7895_297389537063363_1834533410_n.jpg

390078_297830307019286_106268641_n.jpg

1012624_299599930175657_616582541_n.jpg

1000556_299995790136071_296151510_n.jpg

1044363_300365506765766_132935814_n.jpg

1010517_300719936730323_1984289649_n.jpg

1004583_301950223273961_1610061807_n.jpg
    QUOTABLE QUOTES Part 2

10191_302863446515972_302225435_n.jpg

1045014_303477886454528_554555605_n.jpg

1001873_304947502974233_1821818177_n.jpg

994522_305487152920268_1012210229_n.jpg

1001142_305872072881776_1082099280_n.jpg

998691_306387622830221_1400480389_n.jpg

46075_307757216026595_1911423207_n.jpg

999475_308126322656351_487431989_n.jpg

1003992_308232599312390_383499140_n.jpg

1013100_308814522587531_672098118_n.jpg
    FAN MADE photos (credits to the owners)

tomdendowntheroad1.jpg

tomdensanamaulitmuli.jpg

download_zps9717ea75.jpg

wallpaper_damon_and_elena_by_ls_chan_nad-d4czpwv.jpg

tomden99.jpg

tomdenriri.jpg

deskrob-2011-04-02.jpg

tomden7-2.jpg

Keep-calm-and-stay-chic.jpeg

tomden5.jpg

myhusbandslover.jpg

tomden6.jpg
    BALIK TANAW

1016531_305030199632630_440783791_n.jpg

1013514_305044469631203_2135070714_n.jpg

530309_305040786298238_584809909_n.jpg

1001872_305040872964896_1469254174_n.jpg

1004604_307989806003336_1657157210_n.jpg

MY HUSBAND'S LOVER DVD TO BE RELEASED!

1069808_563940613648082_117200562_n.jpg

Thank you sa lahat nang tumulong sa pagbuo nang thread :) :love:
    VIDEOS :)
    goodnight senyo :)
  • effemeffem MHL is True Love PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sorry pero naiinis akech sa first page ng mga threads sa LMTV kasi punong puno ng wall of text, pictures at videos. Caloca lang ang haba ng page.

Kwento ko lang mars, overheard ko lang sa Jollibee kanina. 3 matatanda nasa likod na table namin. mga 40s-50s na sila

Lola 1: nanonood ba kayo nung My Husbands lover?
    Lola 2: Ay oo galing ni Dennis magbaklabaklaan dun. Naiiyak ako sa kanya galing, Nangayayari daw talaga sa tunay na buhay yan
    ----medyo marami pang kwentuhan at kabisado pa ni Lola 2 yung mga linya ng characters pati na rin kanta ni Kuh--:glee: dito ako natawa talaga:
    Lola 3: Pinili na ni Vincent yung pamilya nya. Syempre nga naman isa lang si eric may asawat anak sya. Tama lang yun
    Lola2: Pero bakla si vincent paano na sila ng asawa nila?
    Lola 1: Ha e di ba si Eric lang ang bakla sa kanila? Di naman sila parehas bakla. Ano yun bakla sa bakla?

Caloca lang gusto kong magcartwheel sa gitna ng table nila. Ang mga thundercats talaga ohhh makalumang pananaw pa rin sa ating mga gays. :glee: Pero funeeeh naman sila :glee:
  • magnus31magnus31 Member PExer
    good job carlo_andrew
  • ladypirateladypirate #fierce PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gusto ko lang magpost sa first page of the third balur! I heart MHL!
  • hoover1hoover1 Member PExer
    Salamat sa new thread Carlo! Awesome job!!!! Woo Hoo apak apak lang pag may time!
  • BPET_ClassifiedBPET_Classified Shooting Star PExer
    good job carlo_andrew!

i am so emotional at nasa thread 3 na pala tayo mga beh!
    drag-queen-crown-o.gif
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ Banned by Admin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Direk Dominic Zapata on My Husband's Lover: 'We'll play by the rules'
    July 19, 2013 12:14am

Mainit na pinag-uusapan ngayon ang mapangahas na primetime hit series na My Husband’s Lover. Marami ang pumupuri sa makatotohanan at mahusay na pagganap ng mga artista na dahilan para makuha agad nila ang loob ng mga manonood.

Ngunit bukod sa mahusay na pagganap ng mga artista tulad nina Dennis Trillo, Carla Abella, at Tom Rodriguez, nandiyan din ang mahusay na paggabay ng kanilang direktor na si Direk Dominic Zapata.

Sa simula pa lang, hati na ang opinyon ng marami sa pagpapalabas ng My Husband’s Lover. May ibang natuwa at may ibang pumuna tulad ng isang opisyal ng Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines.

Ngunit sa kabila ng lahat, nanatiling positibo ang pananaw ni Direk Dominic.

“In fact, natutuwa ako na they are doing their duty. Minsan iyong magulang mo, you find them to be naggers. Ganun talaga, iyong magulang. But, they mean well,” pahayag ni Direk Dom.

“Gusto ko po sabihin sa kanila, sa ating mga 'magulang' [CBCP]. Salamat po sa inyong pagpapaalala. Huwag po kayong mag-alala. Hindi po kami gagawa ng bagay na taliwas po sa inyong tinuturo tungkol sa pag-ibig, sa pagmamahal,” dagdag niya.Katulad sa istorya, hindi pa lubos na tanggap sa lipunan ang pagiging 'gay'. Konserbatibo ang nakagisnang kultura ng ating bansa.

Ayon kay Direk Dom, mayroon din namang pari na nakakaunawa sa tema ng palabas.

“Alam mo marami ngang ganyan, marami kaming kina-counsel na ganyan,” kuwento ni Direk Dominic sa nakausap niyang pari.

“So aminado naman sila, they understand. It’s a fact of life nowadays, na maraming members sa ating society. I don’t think the church is ever the type of organization or institution na nanghuhusga sa pagkatao. Si Hesus nga, iyong mga outcasts ng society, iyon yung hinahanap niya. Iyon yung mas kailangan ng tulong eh. Mga taong inilalayo ng lipunan,” paliwanag niya.

Isinasaalang-alang ni Direk Dom ang mga itinuturing niyang magulang. Sa halip na na sumama ang loob, ginamit niya ang mga pangaral bilang gabay sa paggawa ng mga magagandang eksena.
    “So I think, personally, ang mga pari naiintindihan nila. It’s also a case to case basis. They can’t really speak absolutely about a certain thing, certain sectors of society,” aniya.

Naging kapansin-pansin ang mainit na pagtanggap ng mga manonood sa My Husband’s Lover, hindi lang ng mga bakla kung hindi maging ang mga babae at tunay na lalaki, mayaman man o mahirap.

“Palagay ko ang tagal tagal na kasing hinintay. I think the media, at least, sa entertainment has been too fearful of what the consequences might be. Pero ito na, matagal ng hinihintay and I’m glad to be part of it,” ayon kay Direk Dom.

Si Direk Dom na nga ba ang nagpabago ng mukha ng telebisyon dahil sa kanyang mapangahas na palabas na naaayon sa panahon?

“Ganun ba? Palagay ko po ang telebisyon kasi ay may maraming mukha depende lang kung saan ka nakapwesto. Sa likod po ng telebisyon, ito po. Marami pong ganitong nangyayari. Pinakita lang siguro natin iyong different side. Iyong 'di nila nakikita,” tugon niya.

Mangyayari pa kaya ang pinakahihintay ng mga avid fan ng My Husband’s Lover na magkaroon ng kissing scenes sina Vincent [Tom Rodriguez] at Eric [Dennis Trillo]?

“We’ll play by the rules. Of course, 'di ako gagawa ng bagay na against the rules," ayon kay Direk Dom. "Pero oras na sabihin ng MTRCB, we’re convinced na iyon ngang ginagawa niyo is about love. Hindi siya tungkol sa kahalayan, that a kiss is an expression of love. As long as you can show a kiss on screen that is a show of true love. If it’s a kind of faithful love, kapag sabihin sa amin okay ng governing body, ng MTRCB, or whoever it may be, gagawin namin by all means. Kasi, I think iyon yung makatotohanan.”

Patuloy na tutukan ang totoong kuwento ng buhay sa My Husband’s Lover, gabi-gabi sa GMA Telebabad, pagkatapos ng Mundo Mo’y Akin. -- Eunicia Mediodia/Bochic Estrada, GMANetwork.com.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/318145/showbiz/chikaminute/direk-dominic-zapata-on-my-husband-s-lover-we-ll-play-by-the-rules
  • kingkong08kingkong08 Member PExer
    Congrats sa 3rd thread! Looking forward na sa pang apat na thread!Co
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ Banned by Admin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kapuso series na My Husband’s Lover, pinuri maging ng talents mula sa ibang network
    July 18, 2013 5:46pm

Tila hindi lang mga Kapuso ang nahuhumaling sa pinag-uusapang GMA-7 series na My Husband's Lover. Maging ang ilang celebrities mula sa ibang network tulad nina Kris Aquino at Vice Ganda, nagpahayag ng pagpuri sa husay ng mga bida sa serye.

Ang My Husband's Lover na tumatalakay sa kwento ng pamilya, relasyon ng mag-asawa, at mister na may kalaguyong kapwa lalaki. Pinagbibidahan ito nina Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo at Tom Rodriguez.

Sa ulat ni Nerisa Almo na lumabas sa Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP) nitong Huwebes, sinabi nito na labis ang kasiyahan ni Dennis sa natanggap na text message mula kay Kris.

Nag-post din ng larawan ang aktor sa Instagram na screenshot ng mensahe ng TV host-actress na si Kris: “Hi Dennis. I asked Popoy for your # so I could tell u just how superb u r in My Husband’s Lover. Congratulations. From dialogue delivery to body language, u r just so genuine in ur portrayal! I’m now a HUGE fan.”

Idinagdag sa ulat na naglagay si Dennis ng caption sa litrato ng, “This Made My Day… Thank you!!!”

Nitong nakaraang linggo, nag-upload din si Carla sa kanyang Instagram account ng photo collage ng mga Twitter message na natanggap niya mula sa ilang kapwa artista.

Nakagay dito ang caption na, “What network war?”

Sinabi sa ulat na ang mga mensahe ay nagmula kuna Vice Ganda, Chokoleit, radio DJ Mr. Fu at television director Joey Reyes.Nakasaad sa tweet ni Direk Joey (@DirekJoey): “Face it: #MyHusbandsLover is not only about Dennis & Tom. It is pretty much about Carla Abellana who is proving herself to be an ACTRESS.”

Habang si Chokoleie (@chokoleitWITS): “After Iza Calzado left GMA, Carla Abellana shines bright, proving she has all the makings of an ACTRESS in it’s real sense. Swabe, sakto.”
    Simple naman ang mensahe kay Carla ni Mr. Fu (@mrfu_mayganon): “i love you, carla abellana.”

Pinuri naman ni Vice Ganda sina Carla at Tom sa naging eksena kung saan nabisto na ng karakter ni Carla ang relasyon nina Dennis at Tom.

Likewise, Vice Ganda’s Twitter post praised Carla and the show’s other leading man, Tom Rodriguez.

Ayon kay Vice Ganda (@vicegandako): “Superb acting Carla Abellana and Tom Rodriguez!!! I was moved.”

Napapanood ang My Husband's Lover mula Lunes hanggang Biyernes sa GMA 7 pagkatapos ng Mundo Mo'y Akin. -- FRJ, GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/318105/showbiz/kapuso-series-na-my-husband-s-lover-pinuri-maging-ng-talents-mula-sa-ibang-network
  • BPET_ClassifiedBPET_Classified Shooting Star PExer
    Let's celebrate on this phenomenal THREAD 3!
    Happy dance mga vaklaaaaa! :lol:

gay-o.gif
  • coffeeprincess1coffeeprincess1 lipstick cap collector PExer
    1cSJi.jpeg

so natawa lang ako i was searching "my husband..."

and most common search pala sa google ang "my husband's gay" --- ang daming LALLY sa mundo!

anyways, my new avatar, for the one who edited the picture of vince and eric kissing... salamat, pahiram! i will credit you once i know who you are.

also:

i am annoyed with lally, too. however, given her circumstance... iniisip ko if i was in her place, i would have probably chosen to go back to vincent too. not for the status quo but because in a patriarchal society with a mahadera na mother in law, if i propose an annulment or a separation with vincent, my kids? will go to him. he has the money, he has the power, and have in-laws who will be on my back. the best thing to do right now is to finish my studies and get a job. have my own money and then once the kids get older, separate from him.

it's easy for us to say na "LALLY! FIND A JOB!" when hello... pati Starbucks nga sa Pilipinas college graduate hanap. And mga age na hinahanap mga bata, etc. Nakalagay pa sa resume/bio-data if single ba o married.

realize that 1.) hindi tapos si Lally 2.) Vincent comes from a rich family... talo siya. she has to think of her steps before she moves forward.

it is easy for eric and all of us to just say she's stupid. but really, she has to think as a parent first and taong pwedeng malugi sa lahat ng ito. if wala silang anak, pwedeng pwede siya umalis.
  • ronald_pascalronald_pascal Member PExer
    Paapak sa bagong bahay!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file