Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Male Models As Boyfriends

im one model myself and i just get so pissed when i hear from people that male models have an attitude only martyrs can bear.that male models are more vain than the female ones. that male models care nothing but their body, hair and stuff..and blah, blah, blah...
well, i am not and i believe that there are tons of male models out there who are "cowboys" and normal.
i can live without my comb and mirrors are just mirros and not life's need.
i go to the gym to keep myself fit and not to do the "hey, look at me, look at me!i'm a moh-dhel".
and my gf and i have been together for 8 years and i dnt think she has problems of me being a model.
models only look arrogant when they are on the ramp. it is our job to project the "air" when we are on the ramp. that models are different and the clothes are perfect. thats it. off ramp, we're but normal guys who play basketball or take the MRT to get somewhere.
we're nie too and girls should consider dating models too...not because most of us are pretty but because we are well-mannered and humans as well.

Comments

• I agreeee, definitely:cool:
  • Originally posted by asianhunky
    im one model myself and i just get so pissed when i hear from people that male models have an attitude only martyrs can bear.that male models are more vain than the female ones. that male models care nothing but their body, hair and stuff..and blah, blah, blah...
    well, i am not and i believe that there are tons of male models out there who are "cowboys" and normal.
    i go to the gym to keep myself fit and not to do the "hey, look at me, look at me!i'm a moh-dhel".
    and my gf and i have been together for 8 years and i dnt think she has problems of me being a model.
    models only look arrogant when they are on the ramp. it is our job to project the "air" when we are on the ramp. that models are different and the clothes are perfect. thats it. off ramp, we're but normal guys who play basketball or take the MRT to get somewhere.
    we're nice too and girls should consider dating models too...not because most of us are pretty but because we are well-mannered and humans as well.

this is food for thought.

more power to male models like you...;)
  • well i heard differently. they say many male models are gays. not that there's anything wrong with being homo.

:shrug:
  • SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the thing with other people is they tend to generalize and that sucks. i'm a model too and people automatically assume that i'm an airhead and it hurts.

more power to you and your gurl. :)

i salute you!
  • well, the reason behind why other people think that models are airheads is probably because they haven't met one who isn't...much less, they probably haven't met one for that matter!

models are as human as you and me...the difference lies on the fact that they are more exposed and their privacy invaded, which is nothing short of a fish in an aqaurium.

we have no right to judge them, in the same way that we don't have the right to judge the rest of humanity. ;)
  • it is but clear that not all odels are just airheads and dumbos.i can presume that people who shared their thougts here are either models or have models as friends or significant others or are just intelligent people who believes that we should not judge other people.
    i hope to meet one of u one of these days. take care. :)

You're not vain...uhmmm...but you can't help yourself fom broadcasting that you're a "hunky"?!?!?

My point is that when you're in an online community where assumptions and generalizations are made just from looking at an avatar, or from the nick, and moreso from the content of your posts, you have to be careful about how you project yourself.

Now if I happened to be a pinoy version of Hugh Jackman, and I were a model, and I wanted to prove that I'm not an airhead, then I would definitely NOT use a nick that screams "I have a beautiful body and that's the truth!!!" And I would definitely NOT just post some message that praises the benefits of using cetaphil, urea lotion, iterax and loradex on my face if didn't want to be misinterpreted as vain. I'd also post in threads that have nothing to do with vanity, or with modelling, because that indicates that I have no hidden agenda that I would hope would ultimately allow me to bag more chicks. And I'd use some neutral nick like Maurice.

See you in the Realm of Thought forum or wherever, my friend. Show us what you're made of.
  • the nick is for fun not to brag that i am a hunk or whatever. if thats how u perceive it, cnt do anything. ( whew! some people talaga! kaya d umaasenso ang pinas eh!)
    loradex and iterax are oral medicine ( people dnt put that on their face) for people who suffer atopic dermatitis...and i am one of them. urea lotion and cetaphil products are definite for people who suffer the same skin problems too(and for those who have very sensitive skin). those are not for vanity my friend. na-ah, not for vanity.
    i not need to prove myself to you or to anyone.
    i dnt receiev any "comission" from suggesting these products for it has helped me recover from SEVERE ATOPIC DERMATITIS. u were blessed with perfect skin thats why u arent aware of how important these products are to me.
    if u were to look like Hugh and u wish not to brag it...then dnt.
    if u were not blessed with good looks...ummm, just have a good day!
    take care and try to lessen your bitterness against models:D
    the nick is for fun not to brag that i am a hunk or whatever. if thats how u perceive it, cnt do anything. ( whew! some people talaga! kaya d umaasenso ang pinas eh!)
    loradex and iterax are oral medicine ( people dnt put that on their face) for people who suffer atopic dermatitis...and i am one of them. urea lotion and cetaphil products are definite for people who suffer the same skin problems too(and for those who have very sensitive skin). those are not for vanity my friend. na-ah, not for vanity.
    i not need to prove myself to you or to anyone.
    i dnt receiev any "comission" from suggesting these products for it has helped me recover from SEVERE ATOPIC DERMATITIS. u were blessed with perfect skin thats why u arent aware of how important these products are to me.
    if u were to look like Hugh and u wish not to brag it...then dnt.
    if u were not blessed with good looks...ummm, just have a good day!
    take care and try to lessen your bitterness against models:D

Thank you for enlightening us. Please be reassured that I am not posting in this thread because I have something against you models, nor because I would like to slow down economic growth. You need not prove yourself to anyone, I agree.

All I am saying is that if you can talk the talk, then you should walk the walk.

Life is all about perceptions, my friend. Our behavior is solely dependent on how we perceive our environment to be. It's what drives the economy, and it's also paying for your lunch. I know you know this: models exist because they give consumers an image of how they want to be perceived -- as beautiful individuals who have want they want.

A person's desire to have a Corolla Altis begins not because they have heard that it has torque of so-and-so, but because they want to be like Brad Pitt cruising down a traffic-bogged street. You guys get paid because you look good, and people buy the products that are associated with you because they want to look as good as you (even I do).

I hope I have changed your perceptions as much as you have changed mine. In essence, we're both nice guys anyway. Good day.
  • A former co-worker of mine used to be the gf of a male model for four steady years. We really liked the guy, he was so well-mannered and the kind you can introduce to your parents. He wasn't vain in the least bit -- I suppose that's in the projection. On days when he wasn't off on a shoot or a show he'd just wear old Levis and any old shirt (of course he made them look real stylish).

It didn't last not because of him, but because of our friend's incessant insecurity about him. She was very pretty and very intelligent and not very sosyal (which was why he loved her so much), but towards the end she got obsessively jealous for no reason whenever he started getting overseas assignments. Naturally other girls would try to put the make on him. I think it's because he wasn't interested in other girls, because he loved our friend. She turned psycho on him. Her brothers and the rest of us friends were aghast. The last time he met with us, it was after they broke up and he said, it was like she never knew him or trusted him at all. Before I transferred to another job, she asked me, "You think I made a mistake?" I told her, "Your decision. Live with it, or move on."

About the vanity... hindi ba modelling is work. Ergo you take care of the body parts that make money for you, Youth being the limited resource it is. As to the nick, it is quite cheesy among a number of equally cheesy nicks owned by other people, but hey, it's only for fun as you pointed out, asianhunky . But don't you think it's PRECISELY the kind of nick guaranteed to get the attention of a certain percentage of PEXERs? Just my two centavos.
  • thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    thanks too for enlightening me.
    "asianhunky" has been the name i have used like forever. it was never an issue in the states...but i am now in the Philippines. things are different. well, if this nick is offensive to anybody out there, i am so sorry. i mean no harm. it's all for fun.
    and the nick dsnt get me attention from anybody. others have more "fun" names than i do like "Pinakagwapo" and stuff.
    modelling is pretty difficult i would say. it's not like i just stand there, look strong and rich and cute and devilish and naughty or animalistic or look like so perfect. it's difficult. believe me. it's a source of stress. u get stressed before u go the location coz u aint sure as to what to wear. u get stressed that maybe, just maybe the designers require models to wear thongs underneath the "creations" as to not to destroy it with "brief-lines". believe me...thongs are not nice to wear. being a model means birthdays aint good. that means u are getting older. ur "market value" declining. models these days are as young as 13 and getting more goodlooking and a lot desireable.
    anyway, i feel bad for your friend. we aint sure if the guy did remain loyal but at least she could have checked if he really was. i completely understand that having a model as a bf aint easy. my girl complains a lot especially when i do shoots and shows that requires flesh.
    but anyway, models as bf aint that bad. models arent promiscous and it's a lie that we can get anybdoy we want.w a reputation that we are all dumbos...believe me, people just gasp whenever i talk with a lot of sense.
    do take care and i hope i can meet all of u who took time to write.. i think PEX is a place to make friends. lets meet one of these days.
    :):)
    :rolleyes: :)
  • pero for me, i think, mejo nakaka-insecure naman yun kasi bf ko for example, has a well defined sculpture or sumthing

tsaka feel ko cguro maagaw cya sakin or sumthing

pero cyempre i would feel flattered that he still chose me, and also feel proud of him

sumthing like that

for me, k lang yon
  • If any PExer's gonna meet you, you're going to have dress down in a major way, especially if you're as goodlooking and chunky-wunky as you've implied you are so far.

The worst part about being an ordinary mortal human being meeting up with a "remp mow-dehl" in a public place is the annoying prospect of getting unwanted attention. My cousin's good friend, for instance, is a minor celebrity, and it just irritates her when they go to the mall and people stare.

Many of us have the impression that models operate on a different plane of existence, and who could blame us? About the only time we get to see them is when their visages get splashed on magazine ads and fashion spreads, or when they do the ramp. Very few people get the chance to know a professional model from the ground up.

The challenge, asianhunky is to strip off every preconception that every model is an organic always-perfect brainless mannequin, especially from people who haven't had the chance to know people like you for real. Because it's most likely that down the line, you'll end up with new friends who're used to the lifestyle you lead, or who don't have the preconceptions in the first place.

But, still, it would be great knowing the real you. I'm sure you'll find a lot of cool people here with whom you can hang out with.

Cheerios! Welcome to PEX!
  • well to anyone who decided to be the public's property, may it be in modeling or showbiz, just be prepared to be judged constantly. You can't control how people would perceive u. It's entirely up to u if u let their opinions affect u. :)

As for having male models as boyfriends.. hmm.. why not? I like to date guys to be at least 4 inches taller than me.. coz i'm tall too. :D That would leave me room to wear heels! hehe ;)
    we're nie too and girls should consider dating models too...not because most of us are pretty but because we are well-mannered and humans as well.

Well said, bro. Well said.

You fight for us and our kind, okay?

And don't feel sad. Think about it this way, if a girl likes you and eventually loves you for what's inside, she'll be rewarded with the nice face and body that goes along with it.
  • Originally posted by Sweetkay
    the thing with other people is they tend to generalize and that sucks. i'm a model too and people automatically assume that i'm an airhead and it hurts.

more power to you and your gurl. :)

i salute you!

Hear! Hear!
  • thanks everyone for taking the time to write.
    nope, i never said that i am all goodllooking and stuff. i guess u guys forgot that i suffer from atopic dermatitis and i mainly depend on body foundation to cover the major flaw.
    i never ever said too that i am a celebrity or something. i am a total nobody. been here in manila for a few months and i model to earn extra cash...and not to "escalate" myself.
    to be part african-spanish-korean-filipino is not at all a hunky image. see me and i am sure u will then laugh with me for using "asianhunky" as a nick. as i have said...it's all for fun.
    thanks for those who told me not to get affected by other people's opinions. that i must be constatntly reminded that these people dnt buy my lunch. i just had that issue 2 days ago and it's refreshing to be reminded about it again. as to what issue, i'll share soon.
    i hangout with 2 guys and 1 girl who all stand at 5'4 and they have been the nicest people around. i dnt ONLY hangout with MODELS. i befriend people who are nice(and i dnt care if they are rich or not, famous or not) and i find pleasing ( i mean, it's a waste of time to be friends with people who are big hypocrites and rude to waiters).
    as to the challenge, i need not do that. all i have to do is to be myself. wont change a single thing about myself.
    as to meeting up with PEXERS, i will wear normal clothes for these are what i wear in my everyday life. i dnt exert effort in looking like a "mawdel" everyday. i just be myself. if a scout spots me, then thats more rewarding for i was very natural looking. besides, i came here in manila shocking just everybody for the luggage i used was the smallest one has ever seen.
    there u go.
    have a great day and again, thanks!
    :) :cool: :cool:
  • Originally posted by BCBGirl
    well to anyone who decided to be the public's property, may it be in modeling or showbiz, just be prepared to be judged constantly. You can't control how people would perceive u. It's entirely up to u if u let their opinions affect u. :)

As for having male models as boyfriends.. hmm.. why not? I like to date guys to be at least 4 inches taller than me.. coz i'm tall too. :D That would leave me room to wear heels! hehe ;)

haha BCBGirl, I know who u r!:D Very well said.. Well to all the models out there, GOOD LUCK!:cool: Just be true to yourself and to hell what everyone else think of you, and just prove them wrong then. :D
  • it sure makes me feel good whenever u people write. take care and keep on writing.;)