sliding door question

ask ko lang po kung ano ang puwedeng ilagay sa gap between a sliding glass and screen door. wala rin kasi idea yung nag-install ng doors. medyo malaki po kasi yung space in-between at tingin ko eh dun pumapasok yung mga insekto, making the screen door almost useless. they are aluminium-framed doors nga po pala.

thanks in advance po.

Comments

• asiastreakasiastreak Member PExer
    vortex8 wrote: »
    ask ko lang po kung ano ang puwedeng ilagay sa gap between a sliding glass and screen door. wala rin kasi idea yung nag-install ng doors. medyo malaki po kasi yung space in-between at tingin ko eh dun pumapasok yung mga insekto, making the screen door almost useless. they are aluminium-framed doors nga po pala.

thanks in advance po.

if it's the typical sliding screen, you can ask your local aluminum and glass shop for "vinyl with fin" ,
    and you can easily diy by snapping it on the side of the screen panel.
    but to be sure, post a pic of it first so I can confirm, i lurk here every now and then naman.
  • vortex8vortex8 Member PExer
    asiastreak wrote: »
    if it's the typical sliding screen, you can ask your local aluminum and glass shop for "vinyl with fin" ,
    and you can easily diy by snapping it on the side of the screen panel.
    but to be sure, post a pic of it first so I can confirm, i lurk here every now and then naman.

thank you very much for the reply. i called this morning some of the more well-established aluminum and glass installers here in my city and one of them did mention something like vinyl which i assume is similar to what you're taking about. the guy i talked to will be visiting my place soon to personally see the set-up before he makes a final recommendation.

i think my sliding screen is the common type (powder-coated white). i measured the gap between the two frames and it's about 15mm, which they say is a bit larger than normal with this set-up (can you please confirm this?)

i will post a pic when i can. btw, the other firms that i inquired with are not familiar with any material that is used to seal these gaps since they told me that it shouldn't have a gap or at the most only a very small one not enough to let mosquitoes and similar pass through, which made me more worried that my doors are out of the norm. anyway, will keep you posted with the result of the inspection. thanks again.
    i found this product at ace hardware yesterday and this solved my problem. ;) it comes only in white which is perfect for the color of my door frame.

http://www.raven.com.au/domino/raven/RPCEN.nsf/$defaultview/F1DBB8BFE11D1510E9256B6E0006C775

citi hardware also have this brand but they don't have the extra thick version.
    before...
    IMG_3887_zps683124a5.jpg

after...
    IMG_3893_zps13e5277b.jpg

:);)

the left frame is for the screen door, while the right one is for the glass door. both are sliding and where their frames overlap when the glass door is open and the screen door is closed is where the gap occurs.

hope this helps those with similar problem as mine.
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 Jovitus Primus PExer
    vortex8, curious ako sa pic. Pwede post ng iba pang pictures? Thanks! :glee:
  • AbrianAbrian Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    This is a good question. I know that glass sliding doors are very difficult to fix on their own, so I recommend you contact the professionals. For example, here https://24hr-sliding-door-repair.com/ is the site of cool guys who really do their job efficiently and quickly. I think that if you don't want to break the doors, it's better to turn to professionals.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file