Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

E-Cig oh Vape! ayaw iregulate- gusto ban?!

RawFckinPowerRawFckinPower PEx Rookie ⭐
Bat ganon? Diba dapat Sigarilyo ang dapat iBan?

Comments

• Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Malaking tax ang mawawala!

Pero sana nga i-regulate na lang kesa i-ban!
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    one cannot help but wonder if the tabacco industry has a hand on that decision..

ie $$$
  • einhandereinhander PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    one cannot help but wonder if the tabacco industry has a hand on that decision..

ie $$$

its obvious, bakit kailangang i-ban kung pagaaralan lang nila? bat di yosi ang i-ban na napag-aralan na at napatunayang masama sa kalusugan.
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    FDA: Second-hand smoke from e-cigarettes may be harmful to your health
    June 27, 2013 10:58pm

E-cigarettes, the seemingly innocent alternative to the real thing, may not be that harmless after all, the Food and Drug Administration said as it issued an advisory identifying the "volatile" substances in the device and its emitted smoke.

"Electronic cigarettes are not emission-free. E-cigarettes contain volatile organic substances, including propylene glycol, flavors and nicotine, and are emitted as mist or aerosol into indoor air," it said in FDA Advisory No. 2013-015 dated June 26, which was posted on the FDA website Thursday night.

"If several people are using e-cigarettes in a room at the same time, considerable indoor air pollution will accumulate and may result to harmful second-hand exposure," it added.

FDA cited studies showing these "ultrafine liquid particles" measuring less than 2.5 micrometer in diameter may penetrate deeply into the lungs.

Also, the FDA said such ultrafine particles could be inhaled by non-users especially when used indoors.

"Second-hand exposure to e-cigarette emission which may lead to adverse health effects cannot be excluded," it said.

The FDA also cited a German publication on electronic cigarettes showing:

besides glycol, the main ingredient, nicotine, flavors, tobacco-specific nitrosamines, volatile organic compounds, acetone, form aldehyde, acetaldehyde, benzo(a)pyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles are present
    the particle size is between 100 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes.

"The levels of most harmful substances are lower in the e-cigarettes than in conventional cigarette smoke, but they do accumulate in indoor air," it added.

Also, FDA said the study showed four metals - sodium, iron, aluminum, and nickel - were at higher levels than with those known in cigarette smoke.

Five other metals - copper, magnesium, lead, chromium, and manganese - were present in the same amount, while potassium and zinc were present at lower levels.

"Nickel and chromium are carcinogenic and lead is suspected to be carcinogenic," it noted.

Because of this, the FDA reiterated its appeal to the public, especially the youth, "NOT to start smoking at all and to stop using cigarettes, cigars, or e-cigarettes."

It reminded local government units to enforce the Consumer Act of the Philippines, by "strengthening their ordinances against smoking in public places and on second-hand exposure to harmful substances." — ELR, GMA News

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/314896/lifestyle/wellness/fda-second-hand-smoke-from-e-cigarettes-may-be-harmful-to-your-health
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^WTF yet cigarettes aren't banned?

"The particle size is between 100 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes."

LOL

Cigar Smoker
  • mannersmannersmannersmanners PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I ban na dapat ang sigarilyo
  • RawFckinPowerRawFckinPower PEx Rookie ⭐
    FDA: Second-hand smoke from e-cigarettes may be harmful to your health
    June 27, 2013 10:58pm

E-cigarettes, the seemingly innocent alternative to the real thing, may not be that harmless after all, the Food and Drug Administration said as it issued an advisory identifying the "volatile" substances in the device and its emitted smoke.

"Electronic cigarettes are not emission-free. E-cigarettes contain volatile organic substances, including propylene glycol, flavors and nicotine, and are emitted as mist or aerosol into indoor air," it said in FDA Advisory No. 2013-015 dated June 26, which was posted on the FDA website Thursday night.

"If several people are using e-cigarettes in a room at the same time, considerable indoor air pollution will accumulate and may result to harmful second-hand exposure," it added.

FDA cited studies showing these "ultrafine liquid particles" measuring less than 2.5 micrometer in diameter may penetrate deeply into the lungs.

Also, the FDA said such ultrafine particles could be inhaled by non-users especially when used indoors.

"Second-hand exposure to e-cigarette emission which may lead to adverse health effects cannot be excluded," it said.

The FDA also cited a German publication on electronic cigarettes showing:

besides glycol, the main ingredient, nicotine, flavors, tobacco-specific nitrosamines, volatile organic compounds, acetone, form aldehyde, acetaldehyde, benzo(a)pyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles are present
    the particle size is between 100 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes.

"The levels of most harmful substances are lower in the e-cigarettes than in conventional cigarette smoke, but they do accumulate in indoor air," it added.

Also, FDA said the study showed four metals - sodium, iron, aluminum, and nickel - were at higher levels than with those known in cigarette smoke.

Five other metals - copper, magnesium, lead, chromium, and manganese - were present in the same amount, while potassium and zinc were present at lower levels.

"Nickel and chromium are carcinogenic and lead is suspected to be carcinogenic," it noted.

Because of this, the FDA reiterated its appeal to the public, especially the youth, "NOT to start smoking at all and to stop using cigarettes, cigars, or e-cigarettes."

It reminded local government units to enforce the Consumer Act of the Philippines, by "strengthening their ordinances against smoking in public places and on second-hand exposure to harmful substances." — ELR, GMA News

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/314896/lifestyle/wellness/fda-second-hand-smoke-from-e-cigarettes-may-be-harmful-to-your-health

This is bullsh1t :glee:
  • RawFckinPowerRawFckinPower PEx Rookie ⭐
    World Renowned Cardiologist call FDA Advisory False and Misleading

“It is not a scientific study.”

This was the statement made yesterday by Dr. Konstatinos Farsalinos, speaking to the Philippine E-Cigarette Industry Association (PECIA) after reading Philippine FDA Advisory 2003-015 entitled “Secondary Exposure to E-Cigarette Might Be Harmful to Health.”

The FDA advisory is based on the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) Unit Cancer Prevention, Heidelberg publication which Dr. Farsalinos described as a “review of other studies.”

“The German Cancer Research Center did not study anything themselves, and, in most cases, presented the other studies in a wrong way,” he said.

Dr. Farsalinos is a cardiologist, working as researcher at Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center in Athens-Greece and at Medical Imaging Research Center, University Hospital Gathuisberg in Leuven-Belgium.

Dr. Farsalinos said the FDA used the German publication as a means to mislead the public because it suits their argument and their thinking as there is a lot at stake in electronic cigarette. “The pharmaceutical industry is completely against electronic cigarette as it will destroy the smoking-cessation market.”

He urged Filipino men of science and medicine to use science to fight ignorance and fear. For example, he cited propylene glycol which is used in electronic cigarettes. “Propylene glycol has received a lot of criticism but it has been studied since 1947 and has no adverse effect in animals exposed to huge quantities on air. In fact, it has antibacterial properties. None have found anything different since then.”

“Scientists should be at the front discussing with words that are simple to understand for the public but at the same time are scientific. Moreover, if someone has done his own research, then he expresses an opinion about something he knows very well. The FDA has done no study, so they know nothing.”

“All this talk about the dangers of electronic cigarette is completely false” Dr. Farsalinos said.

PECIA is inviting such men of science and medicine to its FB fan page to express their opinion. More of Dr. Farsalinos’ work can be found at http://www.ecigarette-research.com/.
    Proud vaper here!

Tobacco industry can bribe any government!

E-cigarette has very simple mechanism!If e-smoking is deadly, then all the food and seasonings are all dangerous.

However, I agree that it must be regulated for some reasons:

1. It will entice non-smokers esp the kids.
    2. People tend to DIY their juice which could be harmful.

Vape responsibly!
  • Mababawasan ng tax. Pag nabawasan ng tax, mababawasan din ang makukurakot nila. :hmm:
  • It's all about the tax. :blowsmoke:
  • I agree, dapat i-ban na yang vape na yan.

Para mabawasan na ang mga konyo sa mundo. :glee:
  • Talaga namang KABOBOHAN ang pagyoyosi na iyan, e. Kung ayaw ninyong itigil ayos lang - para maaga kayong mamatay sa kapulpulan ninyo.... :glee:

--sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    E-cigarettes as good as nicotine patches in helping smokers quit
    By KATE KELLAND, Reuters
    September 8, 2013 6:09am

LONDON - Smokers who switch to electronic cigarettes to try to kick their habit are at least as likely to succeed in quitting or cutting down as users of nicotine patches, according to research published on Sunday.

In a first-of-its-kind study, researchers compared electronic, or e-cigarettes, with the more standard nicotine replacement therapy patches.

They found levels of success were comparable, with e-cigarettes - whose effects are a subject of intense debate among health experts - more likely to help smokers who fail to quit cut the amount of tobacco they use.

Some experts fear e-cigarettes may be a "gateway" to nicotine addiction and tobacco smoking, while others view them as the most useful method yet of cutting back and helping would-be quitters.

While the argument rumbles on, smoking continues to kill half of all those who indulge in it.

Tobacco is responsible for 6 million deaths a year and the World Health Organization estimate that number could rise beyond 8 million by 2030.

As well as causing lung cancer and other chronic respiratory conditions, smoking is also a major contributor to cardiovascular diseases, the world's number-one killer.

'Useful weapon'

The study, published in The Lancet medical journal and presented at a conference in Spain, was the first to assess whether e-cigarettes are more or less effective than nicotine patches - already recognized as useful in helping people quit.

"While our results don't show any clear-cut differences... in terms of quit success after six months, it certainly seems that e-cigarettes were more effective in helping smokers who didn't quit to cut down," said Chris Bullen of New Zealand's University of Auckland, who led the study.

"It's also interesting that the people who took part in our study seemed to be much more enthusiastic about e-cigarettes than patches, as evidenced by the far greater proportion of people... who said they'd recommend them to family or friends."

Bullen's research team recruited 657 smokers who wanted to quit smoking and divided them into three groups.

They gave 292 of them 13 weeks' supply of commercially available e-cigarettes, each of which contained around 16mg of nicotine. The same number of participants got 13 weeks of nicotine patches, and the remaining 73 got placebo e-cigarettes containing no nicotine.

At the end of the six-month study, 5.7 percent of participants had managed to completely stop smoking for that period.

Bullen said that while the proportion of participants who quit was highest in the e-cigarettes group - at 7.3 percent compared to 5.8 percent on nicotine patches and 4.1 percent on placebo - the differences were not statistically significant, so the results were that the two products were comparable.

The study also found that among those who had not managed to quit, cigarette consumption was markedly more reduced in the nicotine e-cigarettes group, compared to both other groups.

Some 57 percent of people using e-cigarettes had cut their daily number of cigarettes smoked by at least half after six months, compared to just over 40 percent of the patches group.

Ann McNeill, a professor of tobacco addiction at the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London, said the findings should persuade health experts to embrace e-cigarettes as a useful weapon in the battle against smoking.

"Electronic cigarettes are the most exciting new development in tobacco control over the last few decades as we have witnessed a rapid uptake of these much less harmful products by smokers," she said in an emailed comment.

"The popularity of e-cigarettes suggests that we now have a product that can compete with cigarettes, thus heralding the first real possibility that cigarette smoking could be phased out." — Reuters

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/325508/lifestyle/healthandwellness/e-cigarettes-as-good-as-nicotine-patches-in-helping-smokers-quit
    Wag nang i-phase put ang analaog. Sayang din ang tax an mahuhuthot sa mga sunog baga.
  • balthierbalthier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sino ang nagpapatanggal ng e-cig? Imbestigahan ninyo kung may kamag anak yan na nagtratrabaho sa isang cigarette company or any secret deals with them.

Hindi yan magpupursige kung wala yang kinikita sa mga cigarette companies. Lahat ng mag backup sa kaniya ay siguaradong nasa bulsa na ng tobacco industry.

Kung tatanggalin ang pork barrel, kanya-kanyang gawaan ng raket at secret deals ang mga politicians natin. Buhay ka nga naman kung sasandal ka sa kumpanya ng sigarilyo. Ban mo ang kumpitensya.

Bakit mo iba-ban ang sigarilyo kung bayad ka na.
  • Alam ko na Marlboro ay gagawin ang bagong e cig kasi Hindi sila maka compete kasama yun other brands nila. Nagswitch ako mula sa mga cigarettes sa e cig at I feel much better na
  • So I feel that part of the push is from lobbyists in congress who work for big tobacco who r losing out to e cigs. I live in Hawaii where e cigs r popular. Since I switched I haven't had a cig in 4 months and I have shaved 2 min off my run time idk about alot of the research I'm not a scientist but I can certainly say I feel better my wife stopped complaining and it's so much cheaper than smoking
  • ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mag-damo na lang tayo.

puff puff pass.
  • parker99parker99 PEx Rookie ⭐
    vaper here! vape on!