Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Pinoys feel closer to Latinos (Mexican, Colombian, etc) or East Asians (Jap. & Kor.)?

Which group do you feel culturally closer to and why?

Comments

• Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Latinos syempre.

My nose, my knees,
    My shoulder, my face

:lol:

*sanggano version nga lang.
  • NeoDynNeoDyn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kapag summer dito,mukha daw akong Hawaiiana.

Kapag winter naman,chekwa füück this.
  • ildiavoloildiavolo PEx Rookie ⭐
    sabi ng German taxi driver dati nung nasa Europe ako, kala nya Peruvian ako. :lol:
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nung nasa abroad ako, parang mas madali akong maka-relate at makisama sa mga latino. Yung mga east asians kasi compared sa mga latino, mas matagal mag open up generally.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    shouldnt we relate more to indonesians and malays first?
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    ^...or micronesians, taiwan aboriginals?
  • mannersmannersmannersmanners PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    East Asians of course,they have many businesses here in RP............
  • Pagpasok ko sa Dubai Airport,tanong agad sa akin nung Indian National.

Filipina ka?

Oo,bakit mo agad nalaman?

Pango,pandak at mataba ka,maitim pa.
  • garoohtay wrote: »
    Pagpasok ko sa Dubai Airport,tanong agad sa akin nung Indian National.

Filipina ka?

Oo,bakit mo agad nalaman?

Pango,pandak at mataba ka,maitim pa.

infairness fluent magtagalog si Indian :glee:
  • NeoDynNeoDyn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ildiavolo wrote: »
    sabi ng German taxi driver dati nung nasa Europe ako, kala nya Peruvian ako. :lol:

Matangos siguro ang ilong mo,kaya napagkamalan ka.
  • shouldnt we relate more to indonesians and malays first?
    Kent_210 wrote: »
    ^...or micronesians, taiwan aboriginals?

I didn't mention these groups because I thought it was too obvious that we relate to these groups more than anything else. So I wanted to compare groups that we're more distant from.

Anyways, I've lived in Spain and it actually felt similar to the Philippines. The architecture and food were similar in many ways. The people were very similar to us in mannerisms and attitude. I felt very at home. A Latino country (Latin America) might feel even more similar. I've never stayed a long time in Korea or Japan, so I can't compare. Maybe someone who has lived in those countries can tell us if they felt at home there or not.
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    KOREANS because i'm working here in korea
  • KOREANS because i'm working here in korea

How are the people and culture compared to the Philippines?
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    I feel more connected to Feeleepeenos.

Why do we have to validate externalizations all the fcking time?,

Froud 2 B Feeleepeeno
  • _Esther_Liu__Esther_Liu_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ you watch korean historical dramas like jumong,dong yi,queen seon deok,moosin,jewel in the palace and horse doctor will you learn about korea culture
  • ^ you watch korean historical dramas like jumong,dong yi,queen seon deok,moosin,jewel in the palace and horse doctor will you learn about korea culture

PANO pag yung mga papanoorin ko lang temptation of wife, full house, rooftop prince, secret garden, at sassy girl, may matututunan din ba ako? :hiya:
  • I feel more connected to Feeleepeenos.

Why do we have to validate externalizations all the fcking time?,

Froud 2 B Feeleepeeno

It's not for validation. It's simply realizing that we share the planet with billions of other people, and some of those people we feel culturally closer to than others
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    And yet your goal since you started in this forum is to continually persist racist preferential treatment of associating with Asians than others because Latinos and blacks are ghetto?

:glee:

At the end of the day, billions of people, yet 200+ million Filipinos still continue to have identity crisis who they are and who they ought to feel closer to (Latinos, Asians, Pacific Islanders, how about other Filipinos first and foremost?).

We're Filipinos first and foremost,

Highdentity Crisis
  • And yet your goal since you started in this forum is to continually persist racist preferential treatment of associating with Asians than others because Latinos and blacks are ghetto?

:glee:

At the end of the day, billions of people, yet 200+ million Filipinos still continue to have identity crisis who they are and who they ought to feel closer to (Latinos, Asians, Pacific Islanders, how about other Filipinos first and foremost?).

We're Filipinos first and foremost,

Highdentity Crisis

We're Filipinos. The end. All other categories like Asian and Pacific Islander, etc are just made-up terms that were created by the US Census. They don't define us at all. Filipinos need to stop saying "We're Asian." No, you're Filipino and that's it. "Asian" doesn't mean anything because Saudis, Russians, Indians, and Chinese live on the Asian continent but they have nothing in common. It's purely a geographic term.
  • paregoricparegoric PEx Rookie ⭐
    ako half moroccan half korean daw. hehehe